Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #1

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1
Final Fantasy 7 and your life

I started playing the game when i was a little kid, probably like 11. It was a sweet game full of action, awesome fighting and a great storyline. However, I would always run away from battles and didn't use a walkthrough so I ddin't know how to get a lot of awesome things, so I wasn't able to beat it. About two years after that I tried playing it again, this time with a gameshark. I rocked the games world, but I fought all the bad guys I encountered, got Yuffie and all the secrets. When I beat the game I actually cried, just because I was so excited I beat this legendary game, I had seen it all and it played such a huge part of my life. Without ff7 I would not be the guy I am today. It taught me patience, persistance, creativity, and the ability to face my demons. How has ff7 affected your life?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #2

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: Final Fantasy 7 and your life

Well, I got it a while ago. FFX and other PS2 games were already out, and I was like, "Why does anyone think this game is good?"

Mind you, I was only in the first hour of the game or so. ;]

By the time Aeris died, I didn't want the game to end, because it was the best game I've ever played before. I didn't cry when that happened, or when the game ended, but hell, I thought about it.

It's still one of the best games I've ever played, and since my PS2 doesn't play PS games anymore, I dug out my old Playstation, just to play it again a few weeks ago. It never gets boring, comparing it long term. It does get pretty tedious sometimes, but there's enough in the game to keep you playing for hours and hours.

It's truly a great game.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #3

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

I played the game when I was 10 years old, after I had gotten FF8 and FF9...out of those three, FF7 was the first one I had actually beaten on my own. (My best buddy--KB--helped me beat 9, and I didn't beat 8 until much later.) It was a great experience...To this day I still like to go back and replay it again, even though I feel like I know everything about it by heart. And although it's been overused and abused by Square, the original game keeps letting me realize why I liked it in the first place. =]

Last edited by Doctor; 05-27-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #4

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

man i love this game, its by far the best FF ever made in the history of FF's....the best story line which makes u keep comin 4 more and more!!! ive used so much of my life on this game, i got it wen i was 9, one of the first game i ever got, and i was hooked as soon as i picked up the controller....i love the fact that they've expanded it out so much, it just gets the truly dedicated fans to enjoy it even more, and fills in some of the holes in the game, to which i didnt need fillin anyway coz i already knew all the facts by playing it...its one of those games you have to pay attention to otherwise you'll get lost
Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #5

dappa
Master Summoner

it was my first final fantasy, and ff7 for me was a friend i've had all those years, I wont say why though.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #6

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

FF VII was the first game I paid for with my own loot (picked-up after defeating bosses, where else?)

I was actually able to relate to some kids in my class who also were busy playing it - although most/all of them don't play RPGs anymore.

I don't know many of them either - nor do I want to. I hated H.S. :S

Ahem!

FF VII was one of only a handful of games you could truely say was amazing, one-of-a-kind,...and it was RUSHED by Square. Isn't that ironic?! The Materia system, optional characters/depth on the characters' lives and bad guys were the most memorable out of any game I've ever played. EPIC WIN!!! ^ ^;
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I didn't play Final Fantasy VII or even own a PlayStation until about four years ago, so I had already developed the nostalgia for the older Final Fantasies, the only ones I had played. However, that didn't stop me from enjoying this game, as I can see why many people look at it as their favorite. It would rank so much higher on my list if the localization weren't so choppy.

Here's hoping to that remake everyone wants...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #8

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
It would rank so much higher on my list if the localization weren't so choppy.

Here's hoping to that remake everyone wants...
'...localization'?

In other words: if the background/character designs were crisper/clearer???
Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #9

dappa
Master Summoner

i think he means something to do with the translations john, I could be wrong though.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yeah, it's another word for translation, although it more specifically means the altering of the text of a work to better fit a certain language-speaking region's culture.

I never had a problem with the graphics, I had never really played any PlayStation games before FFVII, so it blew me away. Looking back now, compared to the other PlayStation games of the time, it still had awesome graphics. It was Square's first 3D game if I'm not mistaken, so they can be forgiven if it didn't look perfect.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #11

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

I also was amazed by the graphics, I had played many a Playstation game and this was just beautiful, the way everything seemed so real! Even today compared to the newer final fantasies the graphics are excellent when added with all the other things that make it a great game, I almost liked when the characters didn't talk. I think developing companies don't realize people want that nostalgia, hell i've gota ps2, and xbox, and I would still rather be playing vandal hearts and final fantasies.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #12

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Yeah, it's another word for translation, although it more specifically means the altering of the text of a work to better fit a certain language-speaking region's culture.
I, uh knew that... I was just testing you guys to see if you knew what it meant. Heh...
Old 09-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Great game. First Final Fantasy for me and also first RPG. I guess I was 12. Awesome story and awesome game. I only used a walkthrough to get Yuffie and Vincent. I did the rest by myself. I felt so damned good when that game ended (not 'cuz I didn't want to play it anymore, but 'cuz I had ended a 65hours game XD ). And it was all wonderful. I almost cried when Sephiroth killed Aeris. Great Soundtrack too. I'm playing Dirge of Cerberus now, and like I just get excited everytime a character or a place from the original FFVII appears (except for Yuffie, lol).
Watching again the Shin-Ra Manor, Cait Sith, Cid and the others... to see Cloud was awesome!!! XD
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #14

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

im playing dirge of cerberus as well...not very far in the game but its still pretty good...at first i didnt want to buy it coz it was a third person shooter, but man the ppl of FFVII have dun it again!!! no mata wat they do they always want u to play or watch their merchandise...id love to thank square for this ultimate game and wat its dun to the world of gaming and RPG's...its just a pitty that the PS2 versions of final fantasy have slipped a little bit, hopefully square will get back its brilliant mind and create another like FFVII...maybe FFXIV will be it lol
Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
Winterkill
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to Winterkill

I started playing the final fantasy games when I was about 12 (I'm now 23). The first one I played was 2 for the super nintendo. I absolutely LOVED it. When 7 came out, I had to have it. I remember spending my summer vacations just playing that game over and over again. The story, the graphics, eveything was just so great. I'm deffinatly a full fledged Final Fantasy fan. I have them all, and I hope that they keep coming.