Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy I - IV
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy I - IV The Classics from 1987-1991. Revisit the classic stories.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Final Fantasy IV faq by Zeromus_X

((Continued from last section))

---------------------------------------
BOSS: D. Knight (Dark Knight)
HP: ?
---------------------------------------

The Dark Knight will continue to pummel you with Cecil’s old Dark Knight ability, ‘Dark Wave’. After awhile, a voice will tell you that ‘A true Paladin...will sheathe his sword’. Now, what exactly does this mean? This means you must Parry. Use the Parry command three times to overcome the Dark Knight. Although in the North American SNES version, it is possible to defeat the Dark Knight normally, it will be very difficult, if not virtually impossible to do that in the Playstation (among other) version (s). Either way, just defend three times, and ‘sheathe your sword’. If your HP gets low (say around 100), heal with Cecil’s newfound Cure magic or use an item.

You win when the mysterious voice says ‘Some fight for law...some fight for justice...Cecil...what will you fight for?”, and the Dark Knight desintegrates.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the battle, the voice continues, “Well done. Now receive my spirit of light, and remember: Golbez must be stopped. Farewell, my son.” Now, Cecil, has become a Paladin.

The party congratulate him, but Cecil is still confused. He says the voice sounded familiar.

Meanwhile, after an (embarrassing...) exclamation from our Sage, Tellah recovers the memory of all his spells, and also gains knowledge of the Black Magic, Meteo. (He can’t use it in battle, however.) Porom and Palom try telling Cecil the truth of why they were asked to help him, but then Tellah starts rambling with his new confidence of how he’ll defeat Golbez.

Cecil is still confused at why the voice called him ‘my son’ and why it mentioned Golbez, but Tellah tells them to hurry to Baron. Cecil takes one more look at the mirror, and exits the altar.

After that, you’ll gain control again, and you’ll be outside the altar. You’ll notice that with Cecil’s class change, he’s also back at level 1. Of course, he has more HP and constitution than the other members of your party, so he’ll be okay. His sword can also own all the undead monsters in the area (all undead monsters, period really.) He’ll gain levels like crazy on the way down the mountain, so it’d be better to just walk down, as it isn’t that long anyway. Also, Cecil has the new 'Cover' command, which will allow him to guard allies with low HP.

With Tellah’s memory restored, he has access to all of his older spells, including level 3 spells of Fire, Ice, Bolt, and Cure! Of course, he’ll forever have 90 MP so you won’t be able to use too many spells at once and you won’t be able to cast Meteo...yet.

At any rate, it’s time to exit Mount Ordeals and return to Mysidia.

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 07-13-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote