Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Do you think gays should be able to marry?
Yes 24 82.76%
No 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #31

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Same Sex Marrige

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
Ah, but it doesn't say "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife AND NOT ANOTHER MAN:
Thats what I was talking about in my last post John
Old 11-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #32

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Religion, lol.

Gay couples should be allowed to get married, no matter what.

If they truly love eachother, then why stop it?
Okay, if they live in a community where there's still conservative believing that homo-sexual is an evil and unnatural something, then it will be harsh for the gay couples, so be it.

Now, I'm not a very religious kinda guy, but respecting beliefs, although not believing them: Gay marriage allowed: yes.

But Christian Gay marriage? That's something else, since then it would be "evil and unnatural", according to the Christian believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #33

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

hum... Avathar... have you been thinking about religion in the last month? xD

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #34

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar
But Christian Gay marriage? That's something else, since then it would be "evil and unnatural", according to the Christian believe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church. But then again, i may be totally wrong and anger some people, but thats just my belief on the subject at hand. =)
Thats my opinion on that. =)

But i do totally agree with ya Avathar,
"Gay couples should be allowed to get married, no matter what."
Old 11-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #35

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

I doubt it.

It's just very easy to see.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #36

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec
hum... Avathar... have you been thinking about religion in the last month? xD
Oh, I've always had my thoughts on religion. And I'm glad for these threads, that actual decent discussions can be made!

Quote:
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #37

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
Prejudice : an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts. (hating people because of beliefs, or background)

Racist : person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others (hating people because of their race or color)

You meant prejudiced instead of racist.
Yep, it was.

Thanks Staircase
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Quote:
Oh, I've always had my thoughts on religion. And I'm glad for these threads, that actual decent discussions can be made!
Agreed

I have another forum (Not related to FF) that to have discussions, you have to apply for a debate club. And if you have been banned (As I was in there), you can't get in.

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #38
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

I'm glad of it too Av.

Honestly, I voted yes. They should be able to do it. In fact, they're able to do it in Spain. But what kind of marriage do you mean? Because I understand if you marry in the City Hall, but I find it a li'l strange if you mean marriage in The Church, since it's against it. I mean, if what you want is to get married, I think that doing it in a non-religious way would be good and enough, ''cause after all you get married, and we all know The Church is against it too.

However, if you wanna do it under a religious point of view, I don't see the problem either, but the religious community will.

LOVE IS FREE FOR EVERYONE
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #39

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Quote:
In fact, they're able to do it in Spain. But what kind of marriage do you mean?
Yeah, there was a law relesed in there some months ago, wasn't it?

Quote:
LOVE IS FREE FOR EVERYONE
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBE!!! (YES, LOBE )

Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #40

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
''cause after all you get married, and we all know The Church is against it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar
I think people are getting a little mixed up here. Catholics (and some other forms of Christianity, but mostly Catholics) believe in no gay marriage, methodists (which I am) are a lot different. We still believe in a god, and all that Christian stuff, but Gay marriage is allowed. Heck, we've broken all the catholic rules, we've had women pastors, we've actually held Gay marriage ceremonies in our church, we even have a poker night where the teens get together and gamble. I know a lot of other forms of Christianity that allow gay marriage, but Catholic is just the most known form of Christianity.

Last edited by Staircase; 11-02-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Staircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #41

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xartex
For me, I see no good reason why thay souldn't be able to marry. They are going to live together wether you let them marry or not.

I do not belive in the bible so nothing it says about stuff like that matters to me.

I don't know if you've heard of this Xartex, but someone once said that they don't believe in God, they don't care if He exists or not. A caring friend came and told that person that his view point was ok - it doesn't matter if this person believed in God or not, because God believed in them. They also said that it doesn't matter if they believe He exists or not, because God made us with the power of free will and the choice to have fellowship w/Him or not.

<Sigh...> Sadly, more and more people in this generation have been effected by the outtake of God from teaching in schools, parents wanting their children to 'think for themselves,' (which, admittedly - isn't wrong) and attacks and lies from the devil. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, and I would not think of pushing you to see my viewpoint. I'm not here to argue...really. Just to say what I believe and if that helps anyone then I am happy. I hope that many, many more people see things differently in the coming years.

Unknown Kaze - do you know of other references from the Bible that disagree with the notion of gay marriage???
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #42
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
Yeah, there was a law relesed in there some months ago, wasn't it?
Yeah... And once again: <3<3 LOVE IS FREE <3<3
Old 11-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #43

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Not off the top of my head at this moment (being in college) but I will dig some up for you...
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #44

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Here is my essay, I hate how I written it, but whatever

Same Sex Marriage

Over the years, Humans have fought many wars to earn certain rights, as well as raged war to make other believed a certain way they do. From fighting for religon rights, to equal rights, and even race rights. To be treated equaly is the American Dream to many, but what is it really? As the years go by we all learn from the mistakes we made in the past. Yet there is still to this day a lot of fights and wars people are fighting. The new battle heating up in our society is the battle for Same sex marriage. Should gay people have the right to married? Can you love be about more then just about sex? Are gays treated the same as we?

An friend once told me that ? We are all people, that gays have the same rights as we. Just what the problem with them being able to marry.? Getting back to what I said early we for many years have been fighting for rights and freedom. Why now in this age are people to take the right for gays to marry. I don?t understand, we lived in America. This land we live in is supposed to be the land of freedom. We all supposed to have equal rights, just why does it really matter if you are gay or not. Another thing I don?t get is that in this land we all live in there is a law that states that no one can speak or even discuss religion in a public place or so. Anyway a lot of people in this great battle are all saying and even some politics that it is a ?Sin? for two people of the same sex to get married. That men and women are made to be together. If this is a law that no one can speak about regions then why are all these people are trying to make this debate based on regions?

"Love isn?t just sex". Love to me is being happy with the person you love, and keeping your vows true. I really don?t have a problem with any two men or females getting married. I?d rather see a gay happy couple then a straight sad couple. If they?re happy with each other and truly in love, then why not give them that right. I know we all see things differently, but just because he/she thinks it nasty for two people to be married doesn?t mean we have a right to take away their right. Love shouldn?t be decided by your race or even your sex. Love is for all people it really shouldn?t matter what you are. All that matters is that you love strongly that person you want to married.

Are gay people treated differently in our society? What do you think? Is it easy to be gay in our society? I believe that one thing gay people really bring out that is really is amazing is their courage. It?s hard these days, well in most time periods to come out and say I?m gay. To just come out and tell your parents or even your straight lover. To come out as they do is quiet amazing to me. But when they do come out, they life changes in many ways. They are looked at differently and even turn down from some things just because of their sexuality. They are not always treated equal by everyone. For example in the past wars, gays weren?t allowed to enlisted in the military. Only a few years back it they finality got that right.

It isn?t all bad being gay. Over the past years people have begun to accept same sex couples. More and more people and even famous people we grew to love have even came out and said that they are gay.. It has became more easier to come out now in our society. I hope one day to see gay people being treated equally as well as any group of people. I hope I have change you mind on the gay community. As you know now gays have fought for these rights as we. Gay people are human just as we. We all have the same rights and it doesn?t matter what you believed. We are all different and we all think and feel differently. Lastly there really isn?t no rule that can say who we can and cannot love.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #45

John Smith
~Wizard~

Nice. Appart for some spelling mistakes >.>