Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #1

Max the Man
Master Thief

Send a message via MSN to Max the Man
13 FF games to be released

in celebration of FF's 20th birthday xD

Here's my list right now (thank you EGM)

FFXIII-- the thirteenth game in the series, developed mostly by the team who did the first 10. (XI and XII were both done by different teams). Here's what I know: Lightning (the gunblade totin' heroine) will be confronted with two 'worlds,' Cocoon, a utopian society protected by magical crystals (sound familiar xD) and Pulse, a primitive wilderness. The final character roster will be released sometime in the near future (expect it by the end of 2007)

FFXIII Versus-- a multiplayer thing. Who knows. Part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis series. (set in the same world as FFXIII, but the world is changed to look more like a modern day Tokyo) Here's what I know: the main character, a black leather clad guy with a ton of magical swords and weapons to choose from will fight in a more modern day setting of the same two worlds as the main game under the Fabula Nova Crystalis banner. The battle system will be more similar to Kingdom Hearts, most likely ditching the ATB system of the main game.

Crisis Core: FFVII-- a prequel of sorts to FFVII. This time, as you may know, Zach is the main character. Cloud, Tifa and Aeris all make an appearance. Here's what I know: Two new SOLDIERs will be introduced, named Angeal and Genesis (possible party members?) The game will have 3D environments similar to FFX or FFXII. Expect to travel to Nibelheim, Midgar, Gongaga, and basically the same places as the original FFVII.

FFXII: Agito-- A card battle game for Mobile Phones. Here's what I know: It's multiplayer, which is nice. If only it would run on American cell phones. Also, it's got very pretty graphics (PS2 caliber o_o;; )

FFVII: Advent Children Complete-- An extended version of the original movie to tie all the knots and make the story more manageable.

FFXII Revenant Wings-- an RTS style game on the DS. Here's what I know: Touch screen capabilities will be drawn to the MAX. Expect a ton of new things you never knew your hand could do with a pen O-O;;

FFTactics A2: A deep story with disappointing visuals, and a strange variety of Touch screen capabilities (which basically means stick to the buttons x_x;; ) Here's what I know-- don't expect the graphics to blow you away, but expect a deep story with gameplay to match.

FFTactics: The war of the Lions-- A remake of the Original FFTactics on the PSP with a few new features. Here's what I know-- I'm expecting a lower dificulty level (some of those battles were impossible without using Cid). Also, expect a few more sidequests and Online multiplayer =O

FFCC: Ring of Fates-- A follow up to the Original FFCC with a surprising lack of Wi-Fi

FFCC: the Crystal Bearers-- A follow up to the Original FFCC on the Wii. Not too many details released at this point

FFXI: Wings of the Goddess-- an expansion pack for PC PS2 and 360. Expect a new class and new quests and a few new areas.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy-- a 3D Final Fantasy fighting game. Possibly an Ergheiz sequel. or at least a spiritual sequel. I only know one character at this point-- Final Fantasy 1 Knight. Expect some main characters from throughout the series in this one (Cloud, Squall and Zidane, along with characters from FFX and XII) Oh, and it's on the PSP, too.

FFIV DS-- Final Fantasy IV gets a FFIII style makeover for the DS. Who knows, maybe it'll have some extra features.

I didn't include the recent remakes of FF, II, VI or V in this.

Click on JunJun's face for a rad song~
Max the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: 13 FF games to be released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max the Man

FFIV DS-- Final Fantasy IV gets a FFIII style makeover for the DS. Who knows, maybe it'll have some extra features.
http://www.gamebrink.com/news/989-Fi...Interview.html

Also, don't forget Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System Edition. Yes, it's another "international" rerelease, but the new content does look quite appealing.

I found it slightly humorous that you left out the PSP remakes of FFI and II when they were made solely for the purpose of celebrating the 20th anniversary. :P
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #3

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max the Man
FFXI: Wings of the Goddess-- an expansion pack for PC PS2 and 360. Expect a new class and new quests and a few new areas.
New jobs?

please?

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #4

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Whoa I was going to post this, but I idn't think any of you wanted to see it.

It was in this book they sent me.....too bad I don't have any money to buy one. But I do plan to buy FF1 on PSP.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #5

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Wow. That's....a lot of Final Fantasy. XD

The only things I'm really looking forward to are Advent Children: Complete (just because the fact that it's trying to tie together everything incomprehensible 'in',) FF13 and the new Crystal chronicles for the Wii. I loved the first CC, so I really want to see what the Wii version will bring. :}

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 07-12-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #6

Max the Man
Master Thief

Send a message via MSN to Max the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Faust
Wow. That's....a lot of Final Fantasy. XD

The only things I'm really looking forward to are Advent Children: Complete (just because the fact that it's trying to tie together everything incomprehensible 'in',) FF13 and the new Crystal chronicles for the Wii. I loved the first CC, so I really want to see what the Wii version will bring. :}
*shrug* The only screen shot I've seen for it is a skydiving Lilty reaching for a crystal

Click on JunJun's face for a rad song~
Max the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #7

dappa
Master Summoner

Looks like a wii is gonna be something I'll have to buy aswell cause I love crystal chronicles
Old 07-15-2007, 02:54 AM   #8

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappa
Looks like a wii is gonna be something I'll have to buy aswell cause I love crystal chronicles
Ha ha, there aren't very many people I know who have found the game actually enjoyable. Maybe in some aspects it was a little confusing. The storyline wasn't very clear, even from the start, and the multiplayer system went up in smoke (for me and MY friends, anyway. XD Unfortunately, not everyone owned a Gameboy Advance. @@)

But I have a feeling that the Wii version will be more enjoyable, because chances are, those problems will be most likely fixed. XD
Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #9

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

I'm scared : (
Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #10

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Nothing can save you from the addiction, and the consoles you're going to buy!

Fwhahahahaha!

I guess I'll keep my DS and save up for a PS3. I already have a Wii for CC. ^^;
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #11

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

wow he got a huge list of new ff games.. oh how i wish ff7 bc would hit U.S cell phones. *sighs* damn u T-Mobile!!!! *leaves in tears*