Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #31

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Halo 3

only untill i steal it and your 360 then ill randsome it back to you for your ps3 and then ill sell the ps3 on ebay an ingeinous plan muahahahah

-Anton LaVey,1986
I will always love you Miyu!
Oolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #32

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

Sorry, I have already freezed it in carbonite. It is on its way to Jabba's palace! By the way do you know a Boba Fett? He called and said he left his jet pack under your bed.

(BURN)
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #33

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

mesa is gonna send rambo binks after yousa

-Anton LaVey,1986
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #34

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

WARNING MAJOR RANT HERE. IF YOU WANT OT SKIP TO THE HALO PART SCROLL DOWN TO THE THE BRIGHT COLORFULL LINE.

And I am aware I went incrediably off-topic here, but I made this thread so ha.

I hated all of the episodes Star Wars. The original ones were fabulouse, but the episod ones were terrible, ruined the original storyline because they messed up so many character pasts, and it was all a MARKETING PLOY!!!!!!. George Lucas says "Gosh Darn Golly. I'm running out of money and The several million in royalties I get a year isn't ennoff for me. I think I'll go make ANOTHER STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!! Better yet...3 MORE STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best part is They can be worthless peices of crap and People will still watch them because the originals were so good!" Did people ever notice that in the original movies there was maybe at most 80 different kinds of Vehicles or weapons, or characters...And then all of the sudden there are out come 3 more movies that have several hundred Vehicles, weapons, and charaters!!!! Why? Because then Toy companys can make butt loads of action figures and toys, sell them all to little eager people who think that just because Star Wars is printed on it, it must be good. Then George I'm gonna ruin my own creation Lucas gets millions more in royalties and can go buy a couple more houses.

Not saying that every single part of the Episode movies were bad, but the majority of it was. Please people Stcik to the origionals Star Wars and instead of whatching those other moviers read the books that cover Episodes 1-3. They are much better.

Bright pretty line begins here.
============================
And ends here.

At bungie.net they've been mentioning that they are running a TV commercial for Halo 3 on Monday night football December 4th. This is the upcomming monday. Bad part is this is only on cable so if someone who has cable could please whatch it and then tell us all about it I would love you forever. There is a screenshot from the commercial at bungie.net. Thanks.

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 02-17-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #35

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Bronco
Bad part is this is only on cable so if someone who has cable could please whatch it and then tell us all about it I would love you forever.
On dec 5th search for Halo 3 commercial on youtube, and you will get a couple hits. I'm one hundred percent sure it will be on youtube, almost every game commercial is.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #36

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Dah. What a great idea. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #37

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

$%#@ You Tiny Bronco All Of The Star Wars Own Especially The New Three And They Do Not Ruin The Past Of Others Just Make It More Explained And Such You Are Just To Dumb To Realize How Great They Are My Fave characters are in episode one and thats all but still i mean come on but sorry for getting off topic

-Anton LaVey,1986

Last edited by Oolyan; 12-01-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #38

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

I should have stopped before it started, I apologize Tiny. I'm not a football fan, but to see the first Halo 3 commercial, F*** Yeah I'm a football fan! All I can do to keep the tension down is to read Halo3/Halo Wars reviews and play Gears of War.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #39

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Halo stuffs below

Oolyan
Quote:
$%#@ You Tiny Bronco All Of The Star Wars Own Especially The New Three And They Do Not Ruin The Past Of Others Just Make It More Explained And Such You Are Just To Dumb To Realize How Great They Are My Fave characters are in episode one and thats all but still i mean come on but sorry for getting off topic
Though it should be in another thread I don't think its hurting anyone to post here.
In repley to that all I say is read the original books and then you will see how screwed up the new star wars are and how they screwed up the old star wars. The first star wars movies were acurate to the books and in my opinion even better than the books. The new star wars changed the back stroy of the original movies and their books. An example is that boba fett, acording to the films, is a stupid clone boy that got all of his gear from his father. Where as in the books he is an ex-storm trooper who decided to become a mercenary fter the empire did many stuffs that resulted in him being pissed. In my opinion the books way is much much better.

Here
And now on to Halo 3. The new commercial aired yesterevening and following Staircases's advice I looked it up on Youtube.com and was able to enjoy the commercial as many times as I liked. (Go to youtube.com aand search "halo 3 commercial")

At first I whatched the commercial without sound because you tend to miss a lot of stuff when you are listening to the dialog. Then I whatched it with sound.
My impression (probably wrong) is that those two boys in the begining are either the MC as a child looking up at the heavens and saying that he hopes to meat others from different planets which is ironic because in the future he fights those beings.

My second interpretation is that those 2 boys are from the past and the purpose of them in the commercial is to show how much has changed since the Covenent ran into humans.

What are your thoughts?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #40

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

When do you people think that HALO 3 will be released.
It can safely be assumed that it will come out sometime in 2007 because of the trailer and other information.

By my logic H3 will come out on Nov. 1, 2007.
Way to far away for me, but It'll be worth it.
My logic is...

HALO ------November 2001
HALO 2 ----November 2004
HALO 3 ----November 2007

Sees a pattern? There has been a 3 year gap between each launch. Since we already know that H3 is released somewhere in 2007 I'm betting it will stay consistant with the others.

However, There is also some sya that H3 will be released in March-May of 2007. It would be wise for Microsoft to get H3 out ASAP because right now they are going to loose their hold on the gaming market with the PS3 and Wii *ick I hate that name*. Since H3 isn't ready for the Christmas Shopping season the next sensible release date would be right before Summer Break for schools.

What do you think?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #41

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

Tiny have you seen the Halo Wars trailer that came out of X06 in Spain? Esemble Studios will be working on the project.Take a look for yourself.

Last edited by Jhimian; 12-09-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #42

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

I've read a bunch about halo wars, but didn't know there was a trailer. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #43

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

A friend O mine was picked to enter in the public Halo 3 test coming around sometime this Spring so I'll be posting about that by the end of March. If anyone else was registered for the test please post too because my friend tends to exaggerate a bit.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #44

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

I have already reserved my copy of Halo 3 Legendary Edition.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #45

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

*Music from 2001 Space Odesy plays*
Lots O nifty and spiffy halo stuffs on bungie.net, but I'll post it here anyways. Color coded to serve you better.
First ups. Bungie hints that the next batch of Halo 2 multiplayer maps will be coming out relatively soon. Like spring. Also, the Halo 3 beta test will be starting in spring-ish.

Much more important... NOTE: If you want to skip the controller junk drop down to the colorful line.

Multiplayer Control Scheme as of 3:43pm Today (subject to change).

Left and right sticks: Movement and look. Just like H2.

Click left and right sticks: Crouch and zoom – just like H2, although there is a “toggle crouch” option, so that you can stay crouched until you click the stick again.

A: Jump

B: Melee attack. Note: B may also be used to activate a subtle, but nifty context-sensitive feature.

Y: Switch to next weapon.

X: Activate mysterious new feature which on the cool scale falls somewhere between “crouch” and “activate Fantanas on speed dial.”

LT: Toss grenade.

RT: Shoot weapon.

LB: Cycle grenade type (you have at least three types of grenade now, so they must be cycled rather than switched).

RB: Pick up weapon/activate stuff/reload/use turrets and so on.

Note: If you hold LB while standing over a dual wieldable weapon, you’ll pick it up in your left hand – a huge improvement over the “Y” button in Halo 2. This doesn’t affect grenade cycling, because you can still tap LB to cycle grenades, but you can’t toss ‘em while dual wielding anyway. So it’s moot. After about ten minutes of play, it feels incredibly natural, with the lone downside that you have trouble adjusting when you go back to Halo 2. But more vitally, LB reloads the weapon in your left hand, individually when you’re dual-wielding.

BACK: Calls up the Multiplayer “player menu” – where you can mute jerks, see gamer data and so on. The back button is useful, but tough to press in really hectic action, since it’s so close to the Guide button.

START: Pause menu (which is translucent so you can adjust controls without losing track of what’s on screen) and one or two other significant goodies we haven’t revealed yet. From here you can also end or quit a game, naturally.

D-PAD: Used for sweet circular fighting game moves. No wait, my bad - it is currently used to activate team chat, but that’s very provisional. This is being given a lot of care and attention and is tied to other matters, such as your default settings and how team chat and proximity voice work. You’d be amazed how much testing and thought goes into this stuff.

==================================================
Most important...
PICTURE
A very interesting picture!!! Not only does in look cool, but it also says Fall 2007!!!
I'm guessing somewhere in November.

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 02-17-2007 at 04:41 PM.