Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 04-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #1

Crazi
T-Rexuar Snack

99 warp spheres

ok, some of you may have done this, some of you may not, for thos who have .. who many hours did it take you to get them ... cuz it took me around .. hmm 3 hrs.lol

for thos of you who dont know about this..

location= Omega ruins

When travelling around the ruins you'll come across rooms with chests in, some will have 3 chests in some will have more ... but the idea is to open all the chests (12 in total i think) in the correct order,and once you open the last chest providing you've guessed it all right you'll recieve 99xwarp spheres . But its not that simple, if you open a chest that throws you into battle the chests dissapear and the puzzle is lost .. so you have to reset and load you're game. :mad:

*Note* make sure you save you're game outside the ruins before you attempt this, and dont save once you've opend a chest either. for some reason that messes up the puzzle too.

ooo! also,a handy tip= armour with no encounters, i forget how to get this, but it is damn handy for this puzzle.

So send me you're thoughts on this beasty puzzle.thx
Crazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: 99 warp spheres

I wondered what those chests were for, and I guesses as much that they have to be opened in the correct order. Too bad I've already gone and completed the Omega Ruins. Still, with the Tonberry trick, I don't really need Warp Spheres, so...

Have any idea on how to get 99 Power Spheres at once? xD
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #3

Crazi
T-Rexuar Snack

tonberry trick??? 0_o never heard of it .. tell me more =D
Old 04-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Have the person you want to gain Sphere Levels have a Triple AP weapon, gained from killing the Arena Monster One-Eye. Eventually it'll drop them, try to get one for the character you want to level up, and try to have it have at least two other slots.

Put Triple Overdrive and AP->Overdrive on that weapon.

Now for the other two characters (most likely a physical attacker like Auron, Wakka, or Tidus), give them both armour with Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Haste. Maybe do the same with the leveling up character. Or hey, do all of this for all three, but you only need to level up one character at a time.

Now, set everyone's Overdrive mode to "Ally". Make sure to have 99 Phoenix Downs.

Go fight Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. You should be able to do enough damage for at least 7,000 damage, that way you can actually kill it eventually. Have the two people you're not leveling up attack him, so Don Tonberry counter-attacks and kills them. They then should be revived with Auto-Phoenix. And thanks to Auto-Haste, you lose no turns!

Now, for how the trick works, you'll see that your people keep dying. That's a good thing, for this. Thanks to Overdrive->AP, you gain AP when your Overdrive gauge fills. Thanks to 'Comrade', it fills when your allies take damage. Thanks to Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, that's 9 x AP whenever the Don shanks one of your allies!

Eventually Don Tonberry will move in closer and just use Knife for 9,999 damage. Fear not, he can still only kill one person at a time, and if two of your people have Auto-Phoenix, you can't die. Keep attacking him until he dies, if you're doing a constant pattern of attacking anyway. After the battle, you should get a little over half a million AP.

I made Yuna a walking god, how 'bout you? *

*Yeah, this trick makes leveling up a joke, but if you aren't a person with morals, it may not matter to you anyway.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #5

Crazi
T-Rexuar Snack

omg, thats awesome, thx for that.. i'm not usually one for using these kind of things but i have a noob save ... i think i'll give it a go on that one. lmao i'm gonna pwn!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #6

Yeyana
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via Yahoo to Yeyana

Hmmm... I'll definately have to try that Tonberry thingy...
I already got the 99 warp orbs, though ^_^ Sometimes it just... ROCKS being an accidental genius.
Yeyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #7

Riki
Vivi's Minder

99 thats alot of speres
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #8

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

just curious...what version is this? US, PAL? I haven't tried it yet, but I have the US version... is the order random or is there a strategy for it somewhere?
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #9

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Even with No Encounter Armor, the odds of getting it...are...well...I had to save and restart a LOT of times to get there.... Gamefaqs has an Odds chart of it, and I'm lucky it took even that long to get them. You just might want to make a free day and try at it. It may take from minutes to hours. o.0

I think it's in both versions. I know it's random for the US version.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #10

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Da Chink Send a message via Yahoo to Da Chink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Have the person you want to gain Sphere Levels have a Triple AP weapon, gained from killing the Arena Monster One-Eye. Eventually it'll drop them, try to get one for the character you want to level up, and try to have it have at least two other slots.

Put Triple Overdrive and AP->Overdrive on that weapon.

Now for the other two characters (most likely a physical attacker like Auron, Wakka, or Tidus), give them both armour with Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Haste. Maybe do the same with the leveling up character. Or hey, do all of this for all three, but you only need to level up one character at a time.

Now, set everyone's Overdrive mode to "Ally". Make sure to have 99 Phoenix Downs.

Go fight Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. You should be able to do enough damage for at least 7,000 damage, that way you can actually kill it eventually. Have the two people you're not leveling up attack him, so Don Tonberry counter-attacks and kills them. They then should be revived with Auto-Phoenix. And thanks to Auto-Haste, you lose no turns!

Now, for how the trick works, you'll see that your people keep dying. That's a good thing, for this. Thanks to Overdrive->AP, you gain AP when your Overdrive gauge fills. Thanks to 'Comrade', it fills when your allies take damage. Thanks to Triple Overdrive and Triple AP, that's 9 x AP whenever the Don shanks one of your allies!

Eventually Don Tonberry will move in closer and just use Knife for 9,999 damage. Fear not, he can still only kill one person at a time, and if two of your people have Auto-Phoenix, you can't die. Keep attacking him until he dies, if you're doing a constant pattern of attacking anyway. After the battle, you should get a little over half a million AP.

I made Yuna a walking god, how 'bout you? *

*Yeah, this trick makes leveling up a joke, but if you aren't a person with morals, it may not matter to you anyway.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.
or u can do it the ezier way..LAWL.
get wings of Discovery which u can bribe offa malboros running around in the Calm lands or jus bribe one in the monster arena and equip everyone in ur party with armor that has Dmg-AP, Auto-pheonix, Auto-haste.
Now jus go into the monster arena...to the area conquest and fight the Cactuar King , just simply tease him with stupid atks like water (MY Favorite XD)
and eventually he will jus get uber mad and start shoveling 100,000 needles at ur face. and with this strategy which the King will start throwing them fearlessly when he is hitting cirtical HP u get 100,000 points of AP for every Dmg done in battle...and doing this i got everyones spheregrid complete
Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #11
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Damage-AP? Whoa, what is this? Is it in the US version? I'm going to check that out then!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #12

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Indeed it IS in the US version you can try it out for yourself, the only problem is getting the Wings of Discovery but afterwards its WAY ez lvling
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #13

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Even with No Encounter Armor, the odds of getting it...are...well...I had to save and restart a LOT of times to get there.... Gamefaqs has an Odds chart of it, and I'm lucky it took even that long to get them. You just might want to make a free day and try at it. It may take from minutes to hours. o.0

I think it's in both versions. I know it's random for the US version.

Hydra...or anyone for that matter, do you know if you can open a chest, run and save, open another chest, run and save...etc. until you get the spheres?

I never knew about this and I've been looking online for something about it, but alas...maybe I'll try gamefaqs. ----------> fingers glide to mouse as I click off.>
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #14

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

u cant save or the puzzle becomes void...u have to get all the chest in the right order without saving.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #15

Phoenix Flame

WOW!!!!!!

That's rough! Are there any other cool items on the way to opening up the last one to get the warp spheres? - <please say dark matters, please say dark matters>

How much (gil) do the spheres net anyway? If you sell them, you don't get like 1 gil a pop do you???