Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Isaac Dead Space
T-Rexuar Snack

Resident Evil

OK, I'll add some feedback for each game and I want you to do the same:

Resident Evil Zero

Too similar to the original, but good scary fun nevertheless. Richard Aiken should've been a playable character, me thinks. Billy Coen was an OK supporting guy though.

Resident Evil

Original is still great, but the remakle is like 1000 times better. Very fluid graphics, gameplay and movie scenes, I think. The Lisa Trevor creature was a good addition as well, but I was annoyed that Wesker's voice actor was replaced for this one instalment.

Resident Evil 2

The very reason I got into survival horror...It is a bit outdated, but many fans consider this one to be the best. I really enjoy playing the game twice with Claire and then Leon. But it is kinda too easy to fly through it now.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

OK, I was hooked on this back in 2000 but now it seems a bit on the outdated side. Nemesis is still a force to be reckoned with though...

Resident Evil - Code Veronica X

Quite possibly the best out of all the series. It was very long back then, and I thought it had the best story. The monsters were very well-done too, like Nosferatu and his daughter, Alexia Ashford.

Resident Evil 4

So now we get to the present day and I feel Capcom ruined the Biohazard saga in some ways, but greatly improvised on what made the other games feel outdated. Still, it doesn't really feel like a Resident Evil game, but a lot of people love Resident Evil now because Resident Evil 4 helped make the series popular again.
Isaac Dead Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #2

Drake
Death Dreamer

Re: Resident Evil

I'll only post about the RE games that I've played:

RE (PS dualshock version)

I enjoyed it alot, possibly because it takes place almost entirely in just a single mansion-that gives it an interestng atmosphere I say. That is, a sense that everything is connected. Didn't play the Gamecube remake much at all, so no comment.

RE 2

This game feels like it has high production values. Also, it has quite a few extras, espically for it's year.

RE 3

Nemesis chasing you from room to room or ambushing you at any time is intense. Plus, he's a very tough SOB. Also, the in game multichoice cutscenes are (as far as I know) unique to RE 3 and in my opinion, quite fun. I thought the mine thrower weapon was a piece of crap.

RE Code Veronica X

The plot/cutsecenes Wesker has were (for me) very enjoyable. Wesker was much cooler/interesting in this game than in the original RE. The dual aiming thing was cool and the boss fight inside an airplane was intense.

RE 4 (PS2 version)

Has puzzles like other RE games, but this time the puzzles aren't tedious. The behind the back aiming perspective is more immersive that the 3rd character view. Weapon upgrading adds a new kind of depth to the series. I thought the mine thrower weapon was extremly fun.

Last edited by Drake; 02-24-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #3

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

The only one I played was RE2 and quite some time ago too I lovinate it <3

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #4

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I recieved Resident Evil 4 a month ago, but I never played it yet. i been playing FFXII and plus my Gamecube isn't hook up.

I did played Resident Evil 1 & 2 when i was real young, it was a pretty good game./ With lots of fun weapons and items, but i don't remember it that well. I hope that once I do hook up my gamecube That i would love this game as any Final fantasy.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #5

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

I like the RE series ive only played 1 and 4 but ive been told the story I want to go back and buy the old ones and play them now I did like the playstyle of 4 better but I like the horror aspect of the 1st one better. Very seldom in 4 did it seem like a horror/survival insted of an action game so I think they should keep the setup but make the enviornment more like the original.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #6

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

I've played quite a lot of the Resident evil series. I've completed RE1, RE: Zero and RE4.
Personally I think Zero was the best because of the character switch feature, I also liked how sometimes you were forced to be split up; made it alot harder as you had to heal each character equally or you'd easily see the Game-over screen.
Resident evil 4 was alright but I thought it was more a shooter/action game than a survivial horror.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #7

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

I beat RE4 countless times and bought it for the PS2 after I beat it on gamecube.
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #8

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Trying to kill a bag head chainsaw man with a knife and a handgun is certainly a "survival" time to me. =D

Just gotta limit your weapons to make the most out of the fun.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #9

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
Trying to kill a bag head chainsaw man with a knife and a handgun is certainly a "survival" time to me. =D

Just gotta limit your weapons to make the most out of the fun.
Thats a good idea.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #10
Isaac Dead Space
T-Rexuar Snack

The chainsaw guy from Resident Evil 4 is clearly based on Thomas "Leatherface" Hewitt from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, otherwise known as Bubba.
Isaac Dead Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 AM   #11

jedi geoff
And then there was one...

Location: On the plains of FF6. So i can hear that cool overworld music

dont know if this counts, but i played a custom made starcraft map of resident evil..it is a long ass map bout an hour long maybe an hour and a half.... it was really good where you get one unit, a " sarge" i think and you each gotta hold a street with some other officers. when you fail that (trust me you will) you gotta fall back and hold the police station from zombies... its cool you can kind key cards and unlock hospitals, colleges etc and get civilians which you can equip so you have two or more gunmen!!! one of the best starcraft map ever!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #12

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

Resident Evil 2
This is the only one I've played, and it sticks out most in all of the games I have... Mostly since I only have half the game... Still, I can beat the game all the way through, and I play it as much as I possibly can...

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #13

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

My little brother(13) plays these games like crazy...I think so far he's beaten every one. Don't quote me on that one though.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #14

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

Resident Evil 1...
Just borrowed it, but the dialogue is horrible. graphics are interesting for when it was made, though. The zombies walk WAY fast. I seriously hope someone agrees with me on this one.

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #15

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

The zombies can walk fast..but what is it. The Resident Evil game for the Game Cube where the zombies like speak spanish or something are super smart and extremely fast...They carries guns, climb up latters, set traps.