Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 02-23-2007, 06:05 AM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Relationship advice.

OK so this is a strange thing for me to be asking i know but i have a little problem and i don't know what i should be doing about it.

I have been going out with the same girl for 2 years now. I moved out to where she goes to school and at first that seemed ok. it was nice to be in a city and i thought there would be a lot to do. but after a while being here I have found that i hate it and dont want to be here anymore, it ruins just about everything in my daily life and costs me a ton to live here. The problem is if i left here i would be basically leaving her. so do i wait another two years, and then get out of here, slowly loosing my sanity or do I just do the hard thing and leave this year. I know long distance relationships work, but neither of us are capable of it. Anyways.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Re: Relationship advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
OK so this is a strange thing for me to be asking i know but i have a little problem and i don't know what i should be doing about it.

I have been going out with the same girl for 2 years now. I moved out to where she goes to school and at first that seemed ok. it was nice to be in a city and i thought there would be a lot to do. but after a while being here I have found that i hate it and dont want to be here anymore, it ruins just about everything in my daily life and costs me a ton to live here. The problem is if i left here i would be basically leaving her. so do i wait another two years, and then get out of here, slowly loosing my sanity or do I just do the hard thing and leave this year. I know long distance relationships work, but neither of us are capable of it. Anyways.

Thanks
It has never worked for me XD

What is the exact problem about livin' there? Money? Why don't you get an extra job?
If it's about anything else, perhaps you should try to talk to her about it. Just tell her what do you feel, and try to look for a solution together. Leaving the city doesn't mean leaving her. But all the contrary. If you stay there, and you really hate that place you'll get burnt-out. And then things will become even more complicated. By the other hand, if you think that leaving the place is the best thing, you're doing it 'cuz you don't want your daily life to be a punishment.
But as I said, you could try to get some extra money, if that's the problem, orjust try to look for the main cause of your problems, and kick it out.
For example.

I hope this has been helpful XD
The info you provided so far let's me think of this only.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #3

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
It has never worked for me XD

What is the exact problem about livin' there? Money? Why don't you get an extra job?
If it's about anything else, perhaps you should try to talk to her about it. Just tell her what do you feel, and try to look for a solution together. Leaving the city doesn't mean leaving her. But all the contrary. If you stay there, and you really hate that place you'll get burnt-out. And then things will become even more complicated. By the other hand, if you think that leaving the place is the best thing, you're doing it 'cuz you don't want your daily life to be a punishment.
But as I said, you could try to get some extra money, if that's the problem, orjust try to look for the main cause of your problems, and kick it out.
For example.

I hope this has been helpful XD
The info you provided so far let's me think of this only.
Bang, dang, he took my words. =D

Do exactly what this man says. XD If you love her so much, either get a job to pay it off until she's out of school, then move, or just move now. She'll understand, if you two are close and all.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Slider
Master Summoner

Well Sephiroth, I'm not gonna play the heroic speech about love overcoming everything.
But you can know how much you care about someone by seeing with your own eyes how far you're willing to go for them (Wether it be: Ruining your daily life, long distance relationships and being capable of it etc..)

That's what I believe anyway! Take it as an advice to whatever you want to do, it's all up to you in the end
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #5

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~

Thanks guys, Helps, think i got things worked out a bit better now..

Peace
Old 02-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #6

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Good for you Sephiroth!
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 AM   #7

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

I read this thread, and I wish that I could have given some advice sooner. But it seems that something has worked out for you, Sephiroth, so all I can say is that I'm glad for you. Good luck with whatever you plan to do.