Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: i (also) just got this game.

Beat the game. Ridiculously, dissappointingly easy. I think Sephiroth and Kefka were harder than Jecht. (Since the Aeons and Yu Yevon don't count, they're a story battle. Though it was fun to zombie Yu Yevon and kill him with a Phoenix Down xD.)

Here's what I did:

First turn: Hastega. Rikku: Mix/ 2 Doors to Tommorow, "Trio of 9999", Lulu: Doublecast: Ultima; Yu Pagodas dead, 2nd: Flare, 9999 to Jecht.

Tidus: Quick Attack, Quick Attack, Quick Attack.

Rikku: Zombie Attack.

Tidus: Regular Attack. Dead.

2nd Form: ....

I could repeat it, but it'd take too long. Long story short: Tidus used "Slice and Dice", while Lulu finished it with one of her furies. I think I "talked" to it once with Tidus.

But, easiness aside, it did have a wonderful ending. Better than most ffs, yet!

Now to do some research on this "Nemesis"...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #17

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

The first time I played FFX, I actually died to Jecht on my first try and BARELY beat him on my second try. I were never even close to dieing to Sephiroth or Kefka. Jecht is the only final FF boss that has killed me besides Dark Cloud in FF3.. then again, I hadn't been leveling all too much, and was struggling a bit through the final area, had no ultimate weapons. On my second way through the game, I had almost everyone's ultimate weapon and had leveled a bit more so Jecht was easy then.
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #18
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I had no Ultimate Weapons either, but I used "Trio of 9,999". I guess to some people, that would be cheap, but I did manage to snag 30 or so from Ultima Weapon

I'm far too lazy to get the Ultimate Weapons..especially Lulu's! Sheez, 200 bolts in a row?! Wow, but I guess alot of people have done it. (I myself suck at dodging lightning...)

And getting 0:0:00 on the Catcher Chocobo...well I believe there was a thread for this that's really old, I'll go see that one

I guess they put alot of good challenges/sidequests in this FF.

Unfortunately, I don't think my version has Penance/Dark Aeons...I have the NA Greatest Hits, and I think only the PAL version has those.

But I do know Nemesis is in mine. (And Shinryu, who I remember from FFV, I definitely need to see him!)

Wow, this game has alot of optional stuff to do. Good thing, because I barely got over 40 hours on my game clock before I beat the game
Old 02-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #19

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

I actually thought dodging the 200 bolts in a row was surprisingly easy. Once you got into the rhythm it was no problem at all. And the chocobo thing.. I actually got it on my second try. I was surprised at how easy it was to do those things, with all the FAQs hyping it up with how difficult it was.

And Trio of 9999? I've never even seen Ultima Weapon in FFX, so yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Wow, this game has alot of optional stuff to do. Good thing, because I barely got over 40 hours on my game clock before I beat the game
You're probably right about that. And if you really want to go out of your way, you can try to max your stats.. which would probably take over 100 hours to do.
Memories will fade
Old 02-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #20
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Ultima Weapon (which is a shadow of Omega Weapon) is in the Omega Ruins, which you have to search for:

X: 69-75
Y: 33-38

It's probably the best place to train (most people say) and I gained several abilities that guides said I should have. (And am now happy I do have them..)

Sorry, I meant I stole about 30 Doors to Tommorow from Ultima. Not "Trio of 9,999", you use Rikku to Mix 2 Doors to Tommorow and make it. All the effected characters automatically do 9,999 damage with any attack. (Though it's probably worthless if you already do 99,999 damage with every normal attack anyway )

Of course, I think you can bribe some monster or another for them, but my Rikku moved into another character's section before learning that, so... And I barely have over 200,000 gil, I have no clue how I'm going to get Yojimbo. (Even if it's half his asking cost + 1 gil...that's still alot.)

Anyways, I just started messing around in the Monster Arena, since I finally caught the only Calm Lands monster I never got, Ogre. I was totally unprepared for the "Chimerageist", so I think more training is in order..

Oh yeah, and I still haven't killed Omega Weapon yet. I just went to Ultima to get the Doors, as I said earlier, so I may go and see what Omega has. (Good place to train too! )

No loss of things to do...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #21

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Right, but you used a FAQ/Strategy Guide for the game too. I never even touched a FAQ for FFX except when acquiring the ultimate weapons on my second time through, and some minor lookups regarding what blitzball players to get, again on the second time through
Memories will fade
Old 02-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #22
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yay! Now I have Yojimbo! (It only took me two payments? I thought it took more...Even faqs said it'd take alot...whatever.) I still can only get him to do Wakisashi, even with hundreds of thousands of gil. (I reset of course, so I don't waste gil on my "experiments".)

And regarding Strategy Guides, I use them because I hate not knowing what to do, and there really is no (or if any, very vague) reference on all of these side-quests within the game. (Except the lightning and chocobos, of course.) I think I started using it in Bevelle, because that Cloister of Trials was driving me nuts.

I've been slaughtering Mimics in the Omega Ruins to get 100k gil a pop. (For Bribing) so I can get more level 4 key spheres and other things. (Chocobo Feathers and Mega Phoenixes) so I can successfully do the Don Tonberry Trick. (A very useful trick, to say the least.)

As for the other Aeons, I'm a bit pissed because I'm afraid I may not be able to get Anima, I missed the Knight's Lance in Bevelle. I'm wondering why something that's that important wouldn't be able to be obtained again. *Sigh...*

Lighting Dodging is turning out to be pretty simple, I got like 38 bolts in a row last time, I only got struck because I hit it at the wrong time...It's more stressful than difficult.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate the Catcher Chocobo. I got a good score of 19:something for beating the trainer, getting Ultima Weapon. (Never will I say Caladbolg!) , but getting 0:0:00 is still hard for me.

Wakka's I will despise most of all, because I hate Blitzball. I'm terrible at it too. Oh well...

Rikku's I have, it was time-consuming, but simple. I think I got 7 or 8 out of 10 Cactuar's Spheres. (I got a Megalixir.) Hey, at least I can kill all the Cactuars I want : D

Kihmari's involved those Butterflies...I'm not sure if I hate that or not.

And Auron's looks simple...I already enjoy catching monsters anyway
Old 02-27-2006, 02:59 AM   #23
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Okay. Wow. Let me just say this: Don Tonberry rocks. The ability to get over a million and a half AP in a single battle is simply astounding.

Besides making Yuna a demi-god, I got Anima and the Magus Sisters (the sisters are so funny ). It turns out that you can't miss activating the Destruction Sphere in the Bevelle Cloister of Trials. Good thing, since you can't go back there again.

Thanks to Anima, I can kill "One Eye", and get the three slot Triple AP weapons. Which I then outfit with "Overdrive->AP", and "Triple Overdrive". Then I give Yuna overdrive mode "Comrade". So I'm getting 9 times alot of ap whenever Tidus or Auron get knifed or karmaed Then outfit the "sacrificial" characters with Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix. (Thank goodness for Gamefaqs and other forums )

I gave Anima Haste, Protect, and Curaga, so she can slaughter some of the weaker Arena monsters (One-Eye for instance.) I just love Anima...

That's it for now. I'll continue making my characters walking gods of destruction tomorrow. (I have to go back to school... )

Actually, from all the information I gathered on this trick from other faqs and forums, I feel inspired to write my own faq on it...meh.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #24

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

About Strategy Guides, I never ever use them for my first time through a game. I did a long long time ago, and I regret that. It takes away a lot I think. Takes away the challenge, and may even spoil the story for you. It's a lot more fun to find things on your own. I use guides on my second way through, and later.

Kimahri's was the most annoying of the ones I did, by far. That butterfly dodging thing reall was difficult. Wakka's was easy.. I played a lot of blitzball because it was fun and to get all the prizes.. so it sorta came with that.
Memories will fade

Last edited by ShadowHeart; 02-27-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #25
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

You're alot more disciplined than I am ShadowHeart

I tried the Butterflies, and I'm pretty confused. It seems theres two tracks? Either I don't get to it in time(probably because I try to avoid the red ones) or I actually finish, but the screen flashes white and the butterflies dissappear. I'm guessing the thing ended, whether I won or lost.

I absolutely hate Blitzball, but only because I'm not good at it. Glad you actually enjoy it The gameplay(of Blitzball) reminds me of a TCG, what with comparing scores and deciding who to attack, etc. But maybe thats just me.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #26
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

*evil laughter*

In an attempt to get into challenges, I've decided to do a NSG (No Sphere Grid) Challenge! That's right, beat the game without using the Sphere Grid! It isn't exactly the hardest challenge, but I want to do it to get into challenges. Other things I've thought of:

FFI: Single Class challenge
FFII: Solo Firioneil Challenge (I thought this game was tedious enough, so..)
FFIII: Onion Kid challenge? (This is probably impossible)
FFIVA: Solo Gilbert Challenge! Otherwise, solo Cecil challenge
FFV: Solo Character challenge, Single Class Challenge
FFVI: Low level game, CES challenge (Celes-Edgar-Setzer)
FFVII: No Materia Challenge
FFVIII: Low level game (Not really a 'challenge', but it'd be really fun.)
FFIX: Level One Ozma Challenge (I think I'll pass this for now.)
FFX: Yes

I'm still on the easy part, and I'm at the part where you find Auron and do the first (and thankfully only mandatory) Blitzball game.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #27

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Still at this NSG challenge? I would NEVER have the patience to play through w/o using it...I'd die a few times at a boss and say 'to hell with this!'
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 AM   #28
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I never got around to it, unfortunately. xD Possibly after the faq is all done, I'll start it again. I did do a Star Ocean 3 challenge instead earlier, you can read about that in the 'Other Video Games' forum.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #29

LoneWolf
Moogle Farmer

I'm actually attempting a NSG challenge, though im only at the thunder plains right now, maybe will try to get little farther this weekend. Its hard where im at now. lol
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #30

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

No kidding...I can't imagine going through the plains w/o leveling! Best of luck!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote