Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:36 AM   #1

Griever
He is legend

Send a message via MSN to Griever
Radiata Stories

Has anyone ever played this or ever even heard of it?

For those of you that haven't, The main character is a 16 year kid named Jack Russell, who wants to join the royal radiata knights to follow in the footsteps of his father, Cairn Russell, who was a famous radiata knight as well as a dragon slayer.

This game does away with the traditional active time battle and instead incorporates real time battle. It has a 255 level max on characters and over 175 characters that you can convince to join your party. It was made by Square enix and Tri-ace. I hear it's sort of like star ocean but iv'e never played it so i wouldn't know.

For those of you that have played it, i am curious to know your thoughts.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:48 AM   #2

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: Radiata Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
Has anyone ever played this or ever even heard of it?

For those of you that haven't, The main character is a 16 year kid named Jack Russell, who wants to join the royal radiata knights to follow in the footsteps of his father, Cairn Russell, who was a famous radiata knight as well as a dragon slayer.

This game does away with the traditional active time battle and instead incorporates real time battle. It has a 255 level max on characters and over 175 characters that you can convince to join your party. It was made by Square enix and Tri-ace. I hear it's sort of like star ocean but iv'e never played it so i wouldn't know.

For those of you that have played it, i am curious to know your thoughts.
Yeah, only Star Ocean is good. ^__^

I stopped after you make that "decision" in the game, to be a human. XD
Old 02-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #3

Griever
He is legend

I've beaten it on both sides, i just want to figure out how to get all the characters and i wanna hit max level too. But unfortunatly i can't find an online guide without having to pay for it.

Oh well, maybe i will just got buy it. You should really finish it.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:11 AM   #4

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
I've beaten it on both sides, i just want to figure out how to get all the characters and i wanna hit max level too. But unfortunatly i can't find an online guide without having to pay for it.

Oh well, maybe i will just got buy it. You should really finish it.
I really got annoyed with it after picking human. I finished it on the other side though.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:13 AM   #5

Griever
He is legend

Yeah i agree, the nonhuman side was alot better. But i just wanted to beat it both ways just for the sake of doing it.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:14 AM   #6

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I want that gamwe bad, and I will get it once I get my Dbsk free poster, My M.C The Max Poster, and my two M.C The Max Cds.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 AM   #7

Catalyst
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via AIM to Catalyst Send a message via MSN to Catalyst

I think I have it (It'd be at my mom's place...) yeah I'm pretty sure I do. It's just committment for me to stay in a game that's fairly long.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #8
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

The maximum level in Radiata Stories is 99.

Anyway, I really liked this game, which is usual of tri-Ace's games. Besides being a very unconventional RPG, the game was also very humorous, and poked fun at RPG cliches. Besides that, it has the standard tri-Ace 'real time battle system with extreme replay value', so I can't really complain about it.

I played it once on the Human path. I missed out on one of the members of Theatre Vancoor (I think it was the one with the drinking problem, I think the one that is Jack's captain?), so I couldn't get Elwen, the epitome of awesomeness. Still, I got Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile cameo omg.) and Kain (mega healer), and I was happy with that. Maybe someday I'll finish the new game I did and try out the Non-Human path, which I hear is more difficult than the Human path. And hopefully a main character doesn't die in that one...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #9

jedi geoff
And then there was one...

Location: On the plains of FF6. So i can hear that cool overworld music

wat console is it on?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

PlayStation 2.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #11

Griever
He is legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
The maximum level in Radiata Stories is 99.

Anyway, I really liked this game, which is usual of tri-Ace's games. Besides being a very unconventional RPG, the game was also very humorous, and poked fun at RPG cliches. Besides that, it has the standard tri-Ace 'real time battle system with extreme replay value', so I can't really complain about it.

I played it once on the Human path. I missed out on one of the members of Theatre Vancoor (I think it was the one with the drinking problem, I think the one that is Jack's captain?), so I couldn't get Elwen, the epitome of awesomeness. Still, I got Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile cameo omg.) and Kain (mega healer), and I was happy with that. Maybe someday I'll finish the new game I did and try out the Non-Human path, which I hear is more difficult than the Human path. And hopefully a main character doesn't die in that one...

Oh i thought it was 255 for level max that's what i heard.

And i disagree that the nonhuman side is more difficult, i actually had a tougher time with the human side.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

The level max is 255 in the Star Ocean games, so that's probably where you got it from?

Is it? Well, this is just from what I've heard. I'll admit that after I got Kain there really wasn't much more challenge (except Ethereal Queen, of course) due to his uber-healing.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #13

Griever
He is legend

The whole thing about the non human side being easier is just my opinion.

I was lower level the first time i played through and i chose to side with the non humans and i had a cake walk after i got some more party members.
The light elves are strong and come in handy in boss fights.

As for the human side, i was higher level and still beat it fairly easily, however i had a little bit of difficulty at certain parts than i ever had in the other scenario.

I never got kain...i'm still trying to play through to get as many characters as i can. And this queen i keep hearing about, i have not found that yet, and i still have many things to unlock in the game i'm assuming.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 AM   #14
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Ah, well the Queen is pretty much the standard tri-Ace superboss. She's in almost every tri-Ace game.

As for where she is, she's in the bonus dungeon of the game, which I believe opens up after you create a clear game save when you beat the game for the first time (it's been awhile though, I don't remember having to do anything to unlock it besides that). You should definitely give it a shot sometime, as tri-Ace games just aren't complete without their bonus dungeons.

Also, is Gil powerful? I haven't really seen him in action too much, besides the one time you fight him on the human path.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #15

Griever
He is legend

Yes gil is a really good addition to your frontline party, and leveling him doesn't hurt one bit

JJ the green orc is good too.

Can you fill me in on how to recruit kain? And possibly some other characters?

Also i hear on the nonhuman side you can also recruit ganz's father (I forget how to spell his name) that mohawk guy you fight in the human path.

You get to use him for a bit but i heard you can get him to join your friend's list.

Last edited by Griever; 02-19-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote