Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Demon's Crest

Did you ever play this awesome game? Do you remember it??

Demon's Crest was a game for the SNES, which I played last year or the year before (I can't remember) with a SNES emulator.
This is a platform action game: you fight the enemies in real time (using magical attacks), avoid obstacles, collect healing potions on the way, etc. Firebrand can also fly for a short time.

The Character was really cool (Firebrand), as well as the story. He had to gather all the elemental Crests with their respective powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Red Arremer demon Firebrand is on a quest to collect all of the elemental Crests, magical stones which preside over their respective elements (Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Time, and Heaven). It is said that when all crests are combined, the Crest of Infinity will appear, allowing its holder infinite power, and the ability to conquer any and all realms with it. However, during his quest, he is gravely wounded in a battle with the Demon Dragon in his efforts to claim the Crest of Heaven, and his nemesis Phalanx uses Firebrand's moment of weakness to attack him and steal all of his crests for himself, with the exception of the Crest of Fire which was broken into pieces in the fight (Firebrand still has one shard of it at the game's outset). Having fallen back to earth in the coliseum where he fought the Dragon earlier, Fireband is forced to destroy him for good to survive, so that he can go after Phalanx and reclaim the Crests. Whether Firebrand wants them for power, or for glory, is never stated
Sometimes it was a bit difficult for me to beat some bosses. Inspite of that, I think it was pretty enjoyable.

I always though that it would be good to remake it, or make a spin-off for any of the new systems nowadays.

This was the first thing you did in the game: fight this huge Dragon. It was just an awesome way to start! XD

What do you think?

Last edited by Luis; 06-06-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #2

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: Demon's Crest

I will download it and check it out and get back to you on that one, though it looks good
Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Re: Demon's Crest

It IS really good! ^^ I first saw it in a magazine, when I was about 7years old...
The magazine front page was about the game, and had an awesome artwork!
The screenshots were really cool too.

But I couldn't remember neither the name of the game, nor what had I done with that magazine. I tried to explain to a friend how did the character look... and lucky me, that he found something similar to my description, so there it was! =D

One thing I'll say against the game is that it was too short! =(

Last edited by Luis; 06-06-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote