Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 02-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #31

Shaggy
Administrator

You guys are sick!! Checking out vidoe game chicks..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:43 AM   #32

Chocobo-bo
T-Rexuar Snack

Note that I did say that she WOULD be hot...but she is definetely the best female character in any of the ff games. IMO. And who could deny it. Cloud didn't even stand a chance against her as she ripped him and his whole party off. Excellent job Yuffie...Excellent Job.
Chocobo-bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:37 AM   #33

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Heh.. I have a friend who hates Yuffie for what she did in the game. He often refuse to get her to join his party just so he can avoid having his materia stolen.

I like Yuffie. Not to the point where I use her every time I play the game, but I like her more than many other characters.. Besides, Yuffie is the only girl in the game that gives Cloud a kiss
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #34

XeroFF7
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to XeroFF7
she is better if u put steal on her than others also throw she was in my main team to beat ff7 plus if u left her alony when u go on a path she takes all the treasures
XeroFF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #35

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Exclamation

FF VII is like crack just the other day I withdrawls.

Save yourself!
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #36

Shaggy
Administrator

LOL..it is addicting.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #37

XeroFF7
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to XeroFF7
u telling me i sold my soul 4 it (damn devil)
XeroFF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #38
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
Indeed.
Although you wouldn't know based on my handle, FF7 is my favorite of the series. My team is usually Cloud, Cid, and then I alternate between Barret and Vincent, although by the end of the game Vincent is definitely better.
Squally D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #39

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

I don't understand why ppl like Vincent so much (except that he's cool). Every character have about the same stats.. they can do about the same damage with magic and physical attacks. The only major difference between characters are their limit breaks and the power up bonus of their ultimate weapons. Vincent has the undoubtedly worst ultimate weapon in the game. You need to kill 4864 enemies with Vincent alone to have the same damage bonus on Death Penalty as Cloud has on Ultima Weapon with full HP. In other words, unless you spend literally days straight killing enemies with only Vincent, Vincent will be dealing the least amount of damage with physical attacks among all the characters (using ultimate weapons of course), almost regardless of levels.

And as for limit breaks, I really don't like Vincent's. You don't have any control over him, and he can in no way compete with Omnislash, Highwind, Catastrophe or Final Heaven in damage potential. Hell, even Yuffie's All Creation and Red's Cosmo Memory will pretty much guarantee 9999 damage to all enemies. Vincent can't compete with any of those.

Some say he's good with magic.. but any character in the game will be very good at magic with a mastered Magic Plus materia. Heck, even without it, all characters have about the same Magic stat.

Bottomline is, I will never understand what the fuss with Vincent is about. I used him throughout one of my ~10 games of FFVII, and I was very very disappointed with him. IMO Vincent ranks as the second worst character in the game (only Cait Sith is worse), and I'll never use him again. Sure he's cool and all, but he leaves a lot to be desired battle-wise, *especially* towards the end when you start equipping your ultimate weapons. Ugh.

Okay, enough ranting
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 03-03-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #40

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowheart
I don't understand why ppl like Vincent so much (except that he's cool).
you answered your own question there

Quote:
I will never understand what the fuss with Vincent is about
Maybe this is better, Vincent is the (seems to me) antisocial one of the group so the gamers relate to him and therefore like him. I don't know maybe we should have a poll on why you like Vincent.

Last edited by Spiff; 03-03-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:15 AM   #41

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.
Memories will fade
Old 03-04-2005, 05:46 AM   #42

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
The biggest Flaw of Vincent is of course his Limit breaks, wich usually just end up sucking a whole lot.

And agreed, he is the second worst character in the game. Personally I think all the character are the same as far as everythign but their appearance goes. Then the limit breaks make them each a little better at a different thing, however Vincent never has a use, or none that I could find, I never used him. Cid and Yuffie along with Cloud were my favorite, switching out barret and Tifa when needed.

Last edited by ~Hidan~; 03-04-2005 at 05:55 AM.
~Hidan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #43

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Quote:
What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.
Oh, I never used him.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #44
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
Well, I personally have no qualms about fighting a few battles for the final weapon stat. And I don't know why anyone wouldn't once they realize the potential that Vincent has. I have vincent doing straight 9's every hit. Every shot, every enemy, all it takes is a little patience.
As for his limit breaks, Chaos isn't the best, but some of his earlier ones do the trick. He also appears to have the damage bonus from his weapon on his earlier forms (he doesn't on Chaos.) Bottom line, for physical attack damage, the only one who beats Vincent is Cloud and that is only with limits. You just have to put some work into him.
Squally D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #45

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

"A few" battles? Come again? 4864 enemies is around 1000 battles if you get 5 enemies per battle. If it takes 1 minute from when you enter battle to when you enter the next one, you're looking at 16+ hours.

It's not worth that time IMO. You can dish out 9999 damage per hit with Cid and Barret VERY easily and it doesn't take hours and hours of killing monsters. All it takes is to equip a bunch of mastered materias on Missing Score or have Cid's at full MP (same with Red, just have MP full.. hell even Cait Sith only needs full HP for full bonus). That takes virtually no time to do, compared to 16+ hours of plain killing monsters with Vincent. And in the end they all do the same damage per hit, so why waste tons of hours building up Death Penalty's bonus when you can get a character with the full damage bonus with much more useful limit breaks with almost no effort at all? Unless you are totally in love with Vincent and absolutely must use him no matter what, there's absolutely no point in wasting all that time. Or unless you want a perfect game and maxing out the damage bonus on Death Penalty is part of achieving that.
Memories will fade