Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #31
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Re: Official complain

It's ok dappa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar
Live or die i intend to stay on this site until the final breath (of FFnet that is ). Should the site be revived many old members may come back but until then we just have to wait and see I suppose thats all we can do.
Yeah, same here... although I may have doubted it lately
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #32

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

hey, if we can all carry this attitude then we can get more members and keep this site goin for a long time ahead of us!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #33

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

I'm gonna try recruiting a couple of new people. (Not that I know many.) But one chick who I'm really cool with loves FF...and she said once upon a time that she'd join. I'm sure she'd be cool to have around and would post a lot in the FF sections of the forum.

Shaggy, how about promoting one or two people to Super Moderators? I e-mailed you a name suggestion, but I dunno if you received. it.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #34

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i have a cpl friends really into FF...i'll see if they wanna join??
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 AM   #35

Shaggy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
I'm gonna try recruiting a couple of new people. (Not that I know many.) But one chick who I'm really cool with loves FF...and she said once upon a time that she'd join. I'm sure she'd be cool to have around and would post a lot in the FF sections of the forum.

Shaggy, how about promoting one or two people to Super Moderators? I e-mailed you a name suggestion, but I dunno if you received. it.
PM me the list of users you think would be good.

I think Ark has had some major real life issues, that is why she has vanished. I will see if I can get her on MSN one of these days.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:27 AM   #36

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

kool...so wat kind of updates can we be looking forward 2??
Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #37

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Okay, I've been sitting here for the past half-hour, reading this thread, and banging my head on the wall for being so utterly oblivious to it.

I'll never leave, not until the forum officially dies, shuts down, whatever. I know I'm not the best at being active around here, but unfortunately, I have a life. Other than that, though, I don't understand how people can just get up and leave. I've met some great people here, and have seen some, at least to me, moving opinions, and I stay because I crave to hear more from those people.

And If anyone remembers KB, I know he isn't around much due to lack of the internet, but he DOES miss the forum, very much. So if it's still up by the time he gets another computer, be expecting him. X3

But yeah...I just can't believe that people are quitting, giving up. I don't like it, I don't like quitters. I suppose there's nothing I can really do about it, but if asked to do so, I would be more than willing to help make some changes for the better to the forum.

Just contact me, if the need arises. I've been around for almost a year now, and it may not seem like a long enough time to prove my loyalty here, but I think I can be trustworthy enough to help out, when I can. =3

*Goes off to try and recruit people to join*
Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #38

dappa
Master Summoner

I wanna tidy up those final fantasy threads up abit alongside johnny, hopefully people will post more in them then.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #39

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
I'm probably wrong, but did a member with 9'000 posts say that they left the forum?
I think it's a serious problem with this place if people are parting so effortlessly
I'm sure she just meant for now. She does that.

Mad Doctor, I agree with you. I don't really post in a large variety of places, but I'm still a semi-active user, and it sucks that the forum has died down as much as it has. There's hardly anyone, even for it being school-time.

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #40

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes Lament
Mad Doctor, I agree with you. I don't really post in a large variety of places, but I'm still a semi-active user, and it sucks that the forum has died down as much as it has. There's hardly anyone, even for it being school-time.
Yes, it is indeed very sad to see. but i try, I try the best that I can, and I will continue to try. =]

I suggest that some parts of the forum be cleaned up, and I mean CLEANED UP. Purge a few sections, if need be. Whatever it takes. XP
Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 AM   #41

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

im not gonna b on as often as i was b'coz i no longer go to skool, but i get on here every chance i can get...every time im on the net, im on here
Old 11-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #42

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Wow, major confusion here!!!

First of, to the matter which this thread was created for (yes, I expect everyone to read everything, since I think it concerns and applies to all of us).

I can't really speak about the lack of activity from part of the mods and admins like most of you, since I haven't been here for quite a while now. However, before I had to stop coming here almost daily, I noticed that Shaggy and Ark were already inactive, but they surely have their reasons, I'm sure they enjoy it here as much as we do. This is a great community, it's a shame that so many members are leaving for an undefined time period, some maybe for ever. The same applies to our super-mods: Avathar and Zero (and Sephiroth, but I don't remember ever seeing him online except for one occasion..). It's a shame that real life often takes away some of the things we like the most.

About the mods, it's the same thing. When I returned, 2 days ago, the only one I saw online was Hydra. What happened to reason, Luis, Squall Lionheart and ShadowHeart? Today, I saw reason had come back from a long departure. Today too, I had the opportunity to talk to Luis about what was happening here, in FFNet, about what happened to many of the people of "my days" and what happened to him, which he did not hesitate to explain me. I will not go into details, but what I could understand from the conversation we had (and some things I've read in this thread and some others), the situation here is not pleasurable, neither for the "normal" members, nor for the mods.

Inactivity is taking over Final Fantasy Network, and something must be done to turn the forum back to what it was some months ago. However, we must understand that most of the members here are either in school or college and are very busy with their chores (including myself), thus not having much time to come here and hang out with our friends. The members who aren't in school/college have to focus on their real life jobs, so it's understandable, once again, that FFNet is not too frequented at this time. What is not normal is that only a very very very small fraction of the members who enjoy it here really come and try to show that this community is not dead after all.

I, myself, have already said this, and I'm going to repeat it: school keeps me very occupied, and I'm in High School. If I'm so full of work while in a not so high level of exigence, I cannot even imagine how college students have the guts to come here and post, to chat with their friends and, if not personally, at least have a social life with real people from other parts of the world through the internet. I admire them and I think that these people are the ones who really care for the well being of this community. Of course, the forum will be more active some times than in others, but that is natural. What isn't natural is that only about 5 people post regularly in a forum that has more than 2000!

I really hope that I'm able to come more often, because I really like the people here, even if sometimes I don't let them understand that. I, for one, expect to see more members online during the school holidays, that they, hopefully, get more enthusiastic about FFNet and try to find some free time to come here, at least once a week. I know I will try to come whenever I have the time. Unfortunatly, I don't know when I may arrange some more minutes in the next few weeks, since I'm going to have more tests, so don't expect to see me here like I used to be a few months ago.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
With that out of my system (phew!) what I'm going to say now is directed mainly at Luis and Kat, but I advise everyone to read this too.

Kat:
What you said in your first post in this thread... what was that for?! Like Luis said, the mods' job isn't being here and fight forum crime 24/7. They receive no kind of compensation for patrolling FFNet and kill all bots at sight, move and delete threads, maintain order, prevent members from flaming each other, to give us a good internet experience. In sum, to keep FFNet as pleasurable and desirable for everyone as they would like it to be. Mods aren't robots, they can't be here all the time without fulfilling their human needs: eating, drinking, sleeping, etc... They, just like you, are real people and have real needs, real feelings and real responsibilities, some even more than you have at the moment. So those kind of comments aren't really helpful, plus, your post did not contribute to the topic at hand and caused a violation to some of the members' good disposal and enjoyment, in my view. Please, do consider what you are going to say in the future, so as not to hurt other people.

Luis:
What you said was very correct, however, the way you said it was a little too much. You too contributed to a not-so-well being between you two. You got carried away in the tension of the moment and didn't quite react the way you should had.

Again, at Kat, now about your 2nd post:
The way Luis said what he said didn't please you and you precipitated yourself into a decision that wasn't very nice. What you did, and I am going to be honest, was, in my opinion, very childish, because you just gave up upon an adversity, you didn't try to resolve the problem in a way which wouldn't be awkward and embarrassing to the other forumites. You just saw an easy way to escape it and took it. Now that you are back, I expect you to correct this, because I know you only did that because you were mad and your pride didn't let you act like you should had.

For you two:
What I expect from both of you is to act like two grown-ups, admit that you were wrong, each one in her/his own way, and apologise. If you don't want to talk to each other after that, then don't, but do the correct thing and act like people your own age. You are not 5 year old children, you are a teenager and an adult, and both of you are conscious about what you say and do.

Please think about what I said before posting, don't limit yourselves to reading and replying like automatized bots.

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #43
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Now I understand why did I take to you so long to write it... xD

Yes, as I already told you you're right mister.
I'll rather handle this in private, I don't think there's need to make a show from this.
Feedback is always very welcome JS.
And still, thanks for the compliments in the 1st part too xD lol

So, let's just do our best and bring a new brand FFNet to life, huh?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #44

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

No problem.

What I wrote was all about what you two posted, nothing more. I just want to get that straight. I hate seeing two people in the situation you two are.

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D

Last edited by John Smith; 11-18-2007 at 05:21 PM.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #45

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

Hey Smith..
Shut Up.
=]
No, I didn't see an easy escape and take it.
No, I didn't leave because Luis made me mad.
No, Im not going to correct it.
And No, I never said anything about mods being robots and fighting "Crime" 24/7.
If you people ever actually read my post, (which I thought you knew me better than this) I was being sarcastic. I was kidding.
K,thnx.

<3

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote