Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Forum Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Forum Games The section for games, brainteasers, and trivia!

Old 02-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #16

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash
Alright, i'll see you guys r good! )

Lets see some advanced questions for ya :

1. (easy) What do you get from the guy at the train station, if you got Rinoa in your party?

2. Tell me 3 ways to get elixir in FF7. (Treasure boxes dont count ) )

3. How many chances do you get to acquire Ramuh in FF5?

4. Where do you find the first megalixir in FF7?

5. What item refines into 100 of the best spells in FF8, and with witch ability.

I'll think about tougher questions later, see ya guys later.
1. Potion - but supposedly you can get a potion from him if Quistis is in your party also - you don't necessrily need Rinoa, if I remember correctly.

2. I feel like rounding out my list by naming all of them, so...
a) Win from a Dark Dragon
b) Morph a Harpy
c) Steal from Iron Man
d) Steal from Master Tonberry
e) Morph a Tonberry
f) Morph a Vlakorados
No less than SIX ways, and that's just from monsters

3. Nigh-infinite, if you want to get technical. There's a particular forest (can't remember the name of the nearby town at the moment) that you can fight him in. After defeating him, you get the summon, but you could continually fight him if you, say, run away from each battle.

4. Urgh... I can't remember right now, but I'll come back to this question later.

5. Shaman Stone + Forbid-Mag RF = 100 Ultimas.

I'll get back to question four later, I have to leave right now.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:36 AM   #17
Flash
T-Rexuar Snack

Nice1

That was really nice :) Actually, you tought me a lot of things :) Especially about the elixirs :) Ramuh....well, that was not entirely correct...sure you can get him infinite times in the forest...so you can fight him as many times as you want...perhaps the question was wrong.
I meant 2 times...once in that forest right...but you can fight him later in the game...near the ending...in a castle, cant remember the name of it.
Megalixir... :P You can find it in Kalm, in the house if you try to reach the potion 3 times in one of the houses.

Ultima...nice, thats correct, but actually there is another way... Dark Matter + Forbid Mag..

That was fun, thats 3,5 / out of 5 :) actually 1 m
half miss at ramuh and 1 at megalixir...but you'll get a bonus for the six ways....maaan :P so thats finally 4/5 ;)
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #18
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
Damn, I made an account to answer some of these, but you just posted the answers for us! I guess I better come up with some more...

1. (FF7) How many vehicles are in the Shinra commercial? (Only viewable in the Shinra building in the gift shop) BONUS: What vehicles are they?
2. (FF8) What is the strongest single non-summon attack in the game and how much damage can it potentially do?
3. (FF Multi) What are the names of the summons cast by the final bosses of FF7 and FF9? (We should all know for FF8, so it isn't listed, and my apologies to anyone who has not finished FF9 yet )

I think that's enough for now. This is only my first post afterall.
Squally D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #19

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
1) I've played FFVII a dozen times and have never gone into the gift shop

2) Sqaull's Renzoken I've gotten

3) Super Nova,

Ask me some more
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #20
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
I guess I wasn't specific... by single, I meant one 'hit' on the enemy.
Good job on Super Nova, that is indeed Sephiroth's summon. Point for you!
The gift shop is on the first floor, up the stairs to the little ledge. You can only view the tv at certain times in the game.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #21

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

I'm not sure about that single hit, it's been a long time.

Q's

Name Vincent's four forms.

Who is Faris and what's secret about him?

What's the first line in Final Fantasy?

There ya go.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #22

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
1. He has FIVE forms, if you count his regular form. But his limits are Galian Beast, Death Gigas, Hellmasker, and Chaos.

2. Faris is the leader of the pirates in the beginning of FF5. The "secret" is that Faris is actually a girl (although having pink hair in anything that was originally in Japan usually means a girl).

3. The first line in the FIRST game? The world is veiled in darkness. There ya go.

And as for the final boss of FF9's summon... it was called Neutron Star, I think. Might be confusing it with another one of his moves though. Considering that I couldn't stand the game and I'm basing it off what one of my friends told me, that's as good as my guess is gonna get.

Official Ex-Member
Old 03-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #23

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

I'm pretty sure Faris had purple hair and her sister had the pink hair.~_^

And Vincent question WAS pharsed wrong.

EDIT: I never finished FFIX either.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #24
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Way to go FFnut! Care to start us off with some more?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #25

FFnut
Master Thief

Awright, I'll try.

(FF4) Who is the devil of wind?

(FF1) What is odd about the locations of the four fiends on the world map?

(FF6) Kefka fights a recolor of what Esper in Thamasa?

(FF5) This requires a bit of knowledge of Japanese - what, roughly, does the name of the flying dragon in this game translate into?

(FF4) What is Kain's last name? (A number of you will enjoy learning the answer to this question!)

(Two FFs) Who is the only true crossover character in numbered FFs (meaning that it is the exact same character in both, not Cid, Biggs, or Wedge, and actual summons don't count), which FFs was he in, and where was he in between them? (There is evidence in his speech in the second game he appeared in that he has been in the same place since the first he appeared in.)

I think that's it for now... pretty damn difficult if you ask me. The first one is just a warm-up - and is also the part that I'm currently stuck at in FF4. Have fun doing the others, though.

Official Ex-Member
Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 AM   #26

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk
the answers....i think

(1) you almost had me but i believe it to be the wind demon not the devil of the wind.... that bitch's name was VALVALIS before i pwned her.

(2)why did you ask this one.... if you draw lines from each one the meet at the temple of fiends.....tell me this what games and what systems did Square take stabs at Dragonwarrior and The Legend of Zelda?

(3)i cant remember i remember the scene i wanna say Palidor?

(4)Hiryuus

(5)I think I read somewhere before that his last name was Highwind.

(6)I had to think about this one for a long time and I had came up with more than one answer... at first i thought a bout Gilamesh from FF5 and FF8 but you said no summons, but is not technically a summon. Then I thought about Garland from FF1 and FF9. Also there was Chaos from FF1 and FF7 (as Vincents Limit Break) then there was the Frankenstien boss from FF2 and the Frankenstein from FF7 ( Vincent again ) the last one i could think of was FF1 Princess Sarah well in the Jap FF3 the one on the Famicom disk system that hooked up to the NES there was a Princess Sarah. Thats all i can think of if there a different one that i missed i would really like to know. oh also i dont think this counts but the first city of FF1 the name of the city is Cornelia( i think thats how its spelled ) well in FFXI there a women in the main story of Bastok and her name is Cornelia.

-LATER!

Last edited by Zynk; 03-06-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Zynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #27

Chocobo-bo
T-Rexuar Snack

[QUOTE=FFnut]1. Potion - but supposedly you can get a potion from him if Quistis is in your party also - you don't necessrily need Rinoa, if I remember correctly.

2. I feel like rounding out my list by naming all of them, so...
a) Win from a Dark Dragon
b) Morph a Harpy
c) Steal from Iron Man
d) Steal from Master Tonberry
e) Morph a Tonberry
f) Morph a Vlakorados
No less than SIX ways, and that's just from monsters

Those were a lot of ways to get an elixer in ff7, however, there is one more way that I know of...and you must already have an elixer to do this. Equip one of your characters with w-item...select elixer as your first item to use...then just cancel it out when picking your second item...and voila you have another elixer...this also works with any other item...VERY CHEAP though
Chocobo-bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #28

FFnut
Master Thief

Actually, you need two to do that. I've tried W-Item duping with just one of an item, it doesn't work. Luckily it was a throwaway item like a "Tornado" or something similar... if it was a Megalixir I'd never be able to forgive myself.

Official Ex-Member
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #29

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk
am i right

was i right on your last set of questions? ill ckeck back tommorrow
Zynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #30

FFnut
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynk
(1) you almost had me but i believe it to be the wind demon not the devil of the wind.... that bitch's name was VALVALIS before i pwned her.

(2)why did you ask this one.... if you draw lines from each one the meet at the temple of fiends.....tell me this what games and what systems did Square take stabs at Dragonwarrior and The Legend of Zelda?

(3)i cant remember i remember the scene i wanna say Palidor?

(4)Hiryuus

(5)I think I read somewhere before that his last name was Highwind.

(6)I had to think about this one for a long time and I had came up with more than one answer... at first i thought a bout Gilamesh from FF5 and FF8 but you said no summons, but is not technically a summon. Then I thought about Garland from FF1 and FF9. Also there was Chaos from FF1 and FF7 (as Vincents Limit Break) then there was the Frankenstien boss from FF2 and the Frankenstein from FF7 ( Vincent again ) the last one i could think of was FF1 Princess Sarah well in the Jap FF3 the one on the Famicom disk system that hooked up to the NES there was a Princess Sarah. Thats all i can think of if there a different one that i missed i would really like to know. oh also i dont think this counts but the first city of FF1 the name of the city is Cornelia( i think thats how its spelled ) well in FFXI there a women in the main story of Bastok and her name is Cornelia.

-LATER!
1. Please refrain from using profanity on this board. And yes, it was Valvalis (or Valvalicia, depending on which version you're playing).

2. Correct.

3. Nope.

4. I asked what the flying dragon's name translated INTO - Hiryuu is the dragon's name, but that's japanese. I want the english translation.

5. Yes, actually.

6. I was looking for Gilgamesh... he mentions something about being between dimensions when he appears during the last Seifer battle, and as he was trapped in the Cleft of Dimension at the end of FF5... like I said, I was looking for actual character crossovers, not just characters being named after others (like Garland, Chaos, and Sara. If you wanted to get technical like that, you could also say that the four chaoses of FF9 were the four fiends of FF1, or the Weapons that appear throughout the series. They're just named after the earlier characters - they're not the same one. Only Gilgamesh was the same character between FF5 and FF8). Good enough.

I need to come up with some harder questions... here's a nasty one that I only found out by accident.

In FF8, what is the damage formula for a regular Tonberry's Everyone's Grudge attack?

Official Ex-Member