Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 12-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

i (also) just got this game.

well, for x-mas, i got a ps2 (at long last) , ffX, and Kingdom hearts.

unfortunately, i dont have a ps2 memory card...-I-'';

ill get that tommorow...

but ill update my ffX progress periodically. (using my uncles computer at the moment, i dont have internet right now...) once i get a memo card..

im still confused, is ffX just on one disc? i guess the space improved on ps2 games? the one i got was used, is it supposed to come with one disc? meh.

this may take up my entire winter break...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:52 AM   #2

Sain Cai
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: i (also) just got this game.

Yes, FFX is one disc. I think you will enjoy the game.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #3

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Well, it IS on a DVD. That's what makes all the difference for the PS2.
I'm sure you'll like X...We'll have a lot of fun chatting up the forum
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

okay, ive been playing it for a while, got to this road with these chocobo people...very good so far. (although tidus does whine alot....^^;; )

i like auron and lulu the best, they just have that cool look about them.

unfortunatley , i got DQ Viii, KH, and FFX at the same time...so...i have ALOT of rpg fun time to plow through! (hey, i have winter break )

the battle system takes some getting used to...and the sphere grid. the SG is kinda fun though movin around to learn stuff and all...

but one thing, is it alright to move one space at a time? do i have to accumulate sphere levels? or does it matter? just want to make sure, so i dont miss any important abilities...

and....i really suck at blitz ball...0_o;;; i just hope thats the only story-neccesary one i have to do...

but it looks like a great game so far...even though alot of the story ive overheard.

oh yeah, is seymour fat, or is that just the clothes that make him look like that? they make him look like he has a gut or something...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:23 AM   #5

Sain Cai
T-Rexuar Snack

Blitz is soething you have to get used to. I HATED it when I first played, but I got used to it, now its actually pretty fun.

Don't worry bout the first game, it is very difficult to win that one. Luca has superior stats. You can recruit people in Luca that will make them look like punks
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

i got ixion (what is that dona chick's problem, anyway? :mad: ), and am at the place with those elephant things... (shooplufs? or something...)

ive already been playing for over 10 hours...how am i doing time wise? (and i must say, that blast of ap from that one sin spawn was awesome! now if you could get that much from every battle...*drools*

ochus are annoying....
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 AM   #7

Phoenix Flame

That was some time ago Zeromux X...Where are you at in the game now? The time is ok. If you want to do everything, you still have 30x that amount to play <starts drooling 2>
Old 01-31-2006, 02:53 AM   #8
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

now i'm at the calm lands. (how many times must seymour die?!... 3 or 4 i think...according to the guide...) it was fun killing that zombie fish. 2 x-potions and it died! ..er, again...nevermind.

yeah, tidus and yunas romance is kind of sudden , isnt it? its just...

yuna: omg im gonna die! *cries*

tidus: oh, um...(what do i do? i dunno...um...) yuna!

and then they just start making out?! O_0;; well, suteki da ne is a nice song. (it got stuck in my head for two days, so it must be!)

so am i at least a quarter of the way through the game?

however, star ocean is going to take alot of my time as well...DQVIII and KH are pretty much conquered, but one more rival appears
Old 02-19-2006, 03:35 AM   #9
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Okay, I'm fighting Seymour (yet again?!!!) at Mt. Gagazet. I had to use a return sphere to get bio for Lulu, i can't believe i missed it...luckily, going back gets you 4 spaces, you know?

Seymour is a pretty cool villian, and he has nice battle music. Problem is, he annhilates me with "cross-cleave". I have Kihmari use Mighty Guard , but he uses dispel, really making me annoyed. I'll just try again. I wonder if it's even worth it to "talk" to Seymour...meh.

....He looks like a freaky mutant airship thing...O-0';

Oh, and I bought the guide for the game (I don't want to print 100+pages, and it was only like 12 dollars...) The "Mix" chart and sphere grid map is useful!

Just out of curiosity, are the Dark Aeons and Penance in the greatest hits version? I know that theyre in the international and PAL versions, but are they in NA's greatest hits? Just wondered. People say that theyre extremely powerful. (millions of HP and what-not.)
Old 02-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Okay, now I've beaten Yunalesca...all these people like death too much...

I think I ran out of holy waters fighting her, but luckily I'll have the airship, so It's time to do side-quests and what-not!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #11

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

I'm curious. If you play a PS1 game on a PS2 will the graphics be slightly improved?
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #12
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

They look the same to me, when i play FFVII, VIII, IX, and what-not. But I guess they could...I wouldn't know.

Now I have to fight Sin! (And Seymour...again....sigh...)

The FMVs are really good in this game...

I'm going to see if I don't get killed again in the Omega Ruins, and gain some sphere levels there. And, do some research on this "Tonberry AP Trick". I'm afraid of Tonberries as it is...
Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #13

Phoenix Flame

Hey bud...sorry it's been a while. Looks like you've been making a lot of progress. A word of advice on the Omega ruins - don't go to the lower level or stray too far from the save sphere until you get weapons with the First Attack ability and armor to protect from confusion, stone and death...just friendly advice. Especially in the early stages of leveling up, the enemies down there can be very deadly!

Other than that, you should be fine. I loved to level up in Omega Ruins, sometimes just running around near Omega's final resting place for hours just to beat the snot out of baddies....fun
Old 02-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yeah, the enemies there are tough, but I've been okay so far. I flee from groups I know can't win. Maybe First Strike will solve my Marlboro problem...

I've been leveling up there, so I can kill Sin's head before it's Overdrive fills up, and we die.

so far, Kimahri has learned Flare and Ultima, Lulu has learned Flare, Ultima, and Doublecast, Yuna has learned Holy (It is so awesome...straight 9s almost all the time, if not 1000s!)

Many of my characters have gone into other people's sections of the Sphere Grid, which I guess always happens.

I've moved Rikku into Auron's Section-She can learn Zombie Attack (one of the most useful abilities I've gotten), and her HP and Attack may finally increase.

Yuna has learned some of Rikku's abilities, like Use, and I'm trying to move her to Lulu's Double cast, via Friend Sphere.

Tidus is still trailing along on his own section, I think he'll be going into Yuna's soon...

Auron is going into Tidus', Time Magic and speed should help him greatly. (since he always misses the speedier enemies.)

Kimahri has been teleporting, he was in Wakka's grid, he learned status effects and his attack went up. I made him go get Ultima, and Flare, so Lulu could use those Black Magic spheres I never use to get those spells.

Lulu is continuing on her grid, It looks like she'll be going into Wakka's. I should move her to Tidus' or Yuna's , for more spells.

and finally, Wakka is still on his. I need to check where he's going next, though I am very pleased with his attack and accuracy.

Things I need- Doublecast for Yuna. C'mon, two Holies in a row? Or two curative/protective magics? Super!

- Lulu and Yuna to get Osmose. Self serving MP!

- Rikku's attack and HP to go up, so she won't die in one hit.

-Yuna to get Full-Life. It must be a requirement for White Mages to have this spell before "graduating".

I tried beating Ultima Weapon, but got to greedy with stealing Doors to Tommorow, for the "Trio of 9999", which is what I think was used in the "No-Sphere-Grid Jecht video" . He nuked me with "Shimmering Rain". I got too greedy to heal...

Leveling up is fun in this game!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Okay, I stole about 30 Doors to Tommorow from Ultima, then hauled myself out of that scary dungeon. (Auron accidently killed him...)

I then proceeded to own Sin, and beat Seymour Omnis (yes!! he's finally gone, thank goodness!) , who was so easy that I didn't use the "Trio of 9999" trick on him. Meh.

The inside of Sin looks really cool and uber-psychadelic...

Add-on: I didn't know doublecast only works for black magic. Well, at least Yuna can use two Osmoses..sigh..