A sequel to Final Fantasy IV

Spec Highwind

The Portuguese Dragoon
Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,206
Age
33
Location
Arubboth, the afterlife
Occupation
Dragoon
RPG Name
Spec Highwind
Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan (The Return of the Moon)

Wikipedia said:
The game takes place 17 years after the original Final Fantasy IV, and will revolve around Theodore (セオドア, Seodoa?),[3] a young man who is the first son of Cecil Harvey and Rosa Farrell, two of the protagonists from the original, both of whom will be returning along with most of the other main cast members.[4] A screenshot has also depicted Theodore fighting alongside a man enshrouded in robes, known only as "Mysterious Man" (謎の男, Nazo no Otoko?).[5]

Following the events of the original Final Fantasy IV, the two moons orbiting the Blue Planet became one and there was a period of peace, however, one of the moons has recently reappeared in the sky, growing larger than the other, and the unchanging Crystals have begun to emit a soft light. Theodore witnesses the return of the moon while aboard a Red Wing airship, as do Cecil and Rosa, however the meaning behind these events remains unknown.[6]

The game is supposed to be released next month in japan for NTT DoCoMo FOMA 903i series phones.
 
This sounds way cool, a sequel to a great final fantasy!!:)

lets hope its true and not rumours.

But on iphones? Why cant they stick a game like that on a well known machine?
 
1 - I think it's official.

2 - I don't think it will be released outside Japan.

3 - It will probably be a great freaking mistake by square.
 
Hmmm, well if it turns out to be a disaster and hope its not one at least its not 0n a well known games platform and probably nobody would of heard of it to notice squares mistake

I wouldn't waste my time and energy getting a f0ne so i could play it though.
 
It will be a disaster, yet another bad mistake by Square. If it is released outside of Japan, I don't really see any potential for the game's popularity. I just don't think it'll float.
 
Hmmm. I wish they'd at least port it to something the rest of us can use. Maybe even release it online, it wouldn't be so hard to do.

By the way, this is my first post. Hello all.:)
 
This is probably the only cell phone game that I am the even the bit interested in as FFIV is one of my favorite games. I wasn't really sure if it really needed a sequel and they stuck with the classic designs for the game too.
 
Hmmm. I wish they'd at least port it to something the rest of us can use. Maybe even release it online, it wouldn't be so hard to do.

By the way, this is my first post. Hello all.:)

Hello, and I agree with you.
They really should start releasing some of the goodies online.
Of course I think YesAsia sells some of that stuff, but still it should be more online for us.

I don't see why it had to be a cell game though. :(
They could have just put it on DS or PSP.
 
I'm not much for cell phone games (the controls and screen are too small for my taste) and most likely they won't bring this out in the states.
 
Consider how many spin offs, sequels, prequels (not to mention the movie ....
What is the hardest final fantasy game? Is final fantasy 4 the best game on ds
 
It's on a cell phone??!!! Damn you Square!!! Why do you release games I can never play??!!! T-T

All that aside, this would be most epic if I ever finished FFIV. Although naming his son after Golbez is a bit shortcut-ish. >_>
 
Thats a great news to hear that the new version of the great final fantasy is going to be released soon and we can only hope and pray that this game gets released soon in other countries of europe as well as america
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top