De-Bug Room

Tiny Bronco

No Scoped
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
1,561
Age
34
Location
Ohio
Occupation
life
RPG Name
Black Tongue
The De-Bug Room/mode!!!

Many threads could be made about this great place, but as I have yet to see any I shall start one. The purpose of this thread is to explain the complexness (probably not a word) ;) of this room because the first time I explored it I was dazed and confused for several days.

If you haven't beaten FF7 at least once then LEAVE because this could ruin your FF7 experience.


Q What is the De-Bug room or mode?

A The De-Bug room is a testing tool that the makers of FF7 used to test their game without haveing to play threw the game just to see if one person says the right thing at the right time.

Q Why should I care?

A You should care because the De-Bug function by either accidnet or design is still in the actual game of FF7. It wasn't taken out once the game was ready to be mass produced. The De-Bug room is a "cheating" program that allows the programmers (In this case you) to travel to ANY Point in the game at ANY Level with ANY Materia or Items you want!!!!!!! :eek:
Basically it is a master cheat that makes you the God of FF7.

Q Why couldn't I just use normal cheats to accomplish the same thing?

A You could do that, but this way is WAAAY better. Not only is it all right there for you so you don't have to turn on a bunch of cheats, It also has...

Secrets :confused:

Q What secrets?

A It has many things that weren't intended to be in the final game. Such as cutscenes, or wierd musics, or wind, holy, or dark materias!!!
NOTE: If you try to use those materias in the actual game your game freezes :(
It also has many odd movie clips, that explain to you what Square origionally wanted FF7 to be.

Q What Square originally wanted FF7 to be!?:eek:
Are you high?

A Square origionally wanted FF7 to have wind, holy, and dark magics like wind 3 to go along with Fire, Bolt, Ice, and Earth 3. They also wanted Holy magics that not only cured, but attacked. As well as dark magics that did damage. Square wanted many plot changes that would NOT affect the story in whole, but would make it better. Exspecially things regarding Aeris's death.

And no I'm am not high.

Q Okay. So how do I get this De-bug mode.

A First you need a Gameshark. (If you have FF7 on the PC then there are plenty of hacks that accomplish the same things as the De-Bug room)

Then you need to take a pee cause some of the stuff in there is pretty exciting.

After you have releaved yourself go to...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html

Just copy and paste.

Then scroll down and find the walkthroughs on the De-Bug mode. There are 3. These are pretty confusing so if one has you messed up go to the others.
What I would recommend is just getting into the De-Bug room first (by following their instructions) and explore it for yourself. Once you aren't so giddy go back to the walkthroughs and find out what each character does. With some trial and error you'll soon figure out all the cool stuffs this room has to offer. Then you can run off and start the game with a level 99 Cloud and all of the materia! :D :p :p
Show those Shinra quacks whose boss.


This room is for those who have beaten FF7 several times to the point of boredom (although its still fun) and are looking for something new.


I tried to make this thread as user friendly as possible and it took me a lot of time and I felt like an @$$ talking to myself so I hope you enjoy it. :):):):):)

If you have any questions or would like to point out any errors please post away. :)De-Bug Room
 
Last edited:
I might try this out next time I play this great game. I bought a gameshark for a couple of quid last year and it is sitting in my bedroom gathering dust as I dont use it.
 
Does anyone know if there is a de-bug mode for FF8 or FF9?
 
That sound kinda cool, although I don't have a gameshark so.. don't think I can do this wich is too bad cause I would like to try it
 
I thought most games tend to have a de bug mode in them. Mainly for the programmers to fiddle about and tinker with them before they are released.

Most people never get to access them though.
 
Almost all games have a de-bug mode, but usually it is taken out before the game is avaliable to the public.
 
Is there a PS1 gameshark port on PS2? Or a Gameshark for ps2?
 
For PS2...there is codebreakers...works just as good. It is a disc that saves the codes onto your memory card - although you need to load the disc first before you load the game :(

For some games it is worth it though.

I think Gameshark is similar.
 
Yes, thats how a gameshark works. You first have to turn on the codes and then load the game.
 
I know what you meant I was just pointing out to others. Didn't mean to sound nasty. ;)

Anywho (I say Anywho instead of anyhow. Its my word) I was exploring the D-B room ( I'm tired of typing De-Bug room) and I went into an area here you can battle almost any monster and in the list there was "?????" and "". The "?????' was a triangle that gives you so much EXP, AP, and gil that you can master any materia and get Cloud up to level 55 in just one battle. I new you could fight this triangle in other rooms, but I didn't know it was in the monster list. I just thought this was cool.

However, when I selected the "" to fight I got an error. ''" caught my attention because it had no name! Every monster has a name wrapped in quote marks. Exm: "Ruby WEAPON". But "" is apparently a monster with no name because its just the quotes. I did notice one very important thing though. The error message was the same as that of the other WEAPONs. Sometimes you get error messages for random monsters and usually you just have to restart.

This is odd because all other WEAPONs are listed, but this non-named monster has the same error message as the other weapons. So I think that the Weapon error message is either a default error message or this "" monster is maybe a weapon that was origionally intended to be in the game, but was for some reason cut out.

Now isn't that cool? An extra weapon was maybe at some point supposed to be in the game.

On the other hand this could be a glitch. The D-B room is full of glitches.

What do you think?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top