FFTA Viera Red Mage action figure WIP

Patraw

Onion Knight
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
5
Age
47
Website
www.geocities.com
This is a Viera Red Mage action figure, based on the character from the Game Boy Advance video game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, that I'm working on. Nineteen working points of articulation so far [ears (2), neck (2), waist, loin cloth, posterior cloth, shoulders (2), elbows (2), wrists (20, hips (2), knees (2), and ankles (2)]. With the ears fully erect, she stands about 4 1/2 inches tall. All I have left to make are two ponytails, the hat, and a sword (the official artwork depicts her with a staff, but rapiers are the only weapons they can use in the game). I think I'm going to repaint the lower arms gray or something too, as they're too close in color to her flesh right now. I'm also considering making a chunk of tiered battle map (probably 3x3 or 4x4 squares, I don't want anything too huge), like what's in the game, as a base/playset--it's a neat-o idea, and would look nice for display purposes, but I don't know how much enthusiasm I'll have left after I finish her up.

FFTA_redmage_fab1.jpg


FFTA_redmage_fab2.jpg


FFTA_redmage_fab3a.jpg

FFTA_redmage_fab3b.jpg


FFTA_redmage_fab4a.jpg

FFTA_redmage_fab4b.jpg


Here’s a quick (20 second) rendition of what the final version will look like, scribbled in Microsoft Paint.
preview.jpg


For comparison purposes, below are two images of a Viera Red Mage. The first, on the top, shows the character portrait art (left) and game sprite (right) from the status screen menu in the video game. The second, on the bottom, is the official Square-Enix artwork for the Viera Red Mage.

FFTA_redmage_game.jpg


FFTA_redmage_art.jpg
 
Wow....just, wow. XD You're amazing if you can do something like that in such a short amount of time. Good job XD
 
*Kat*: I’m not seeing that at all. None of the Silent Hill Nurses, in any of the games, look anything like a Viera Red mage. Other than being female, I can’t imagine what resemblance you’re referring to.



Finished her up Wednesday (I spent yesterday taking/editing photos, finishing/editing the webpage):

FFTA_redmage_1.jpg

FFTA_redmage_2.jpg

FFTA_redmage_3.jpg


I decided not to make a chunk of battle map, as (1) it'd end up taking up more physical space than I'd like, and (2) I'm too darn lazy. Here's a photo of a mock-up, 3 x 3 square one (based on a layout from Nubswood in the game) that I stacked up yesterday, using Game Boy cartridges, while I was contemplating whether I'd model/sculpt the base/playset or not:

FFTA_map_mockup.jpg


I was thinking about making her a bunch of different rapiers too, from the selection present in the game, but I decided the heck with that as well. :)

And lastly, here's the usual webpage, with more information about my Viera Red Mage than any sane person would want to know:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/viera_red_mage.html
 
Oh wow...that toothpi...sword is very, very nice.

You're very talented.
 
haha I like the definetly tactics oriented landscape with the gameboy cartridges, good job protecting them all! I LOVE your flan, they're my favorite of all creatures. What kind of material is she made out of, it looks like some type of wood perhaps? You did a great job though, did you have a guide other than a picture?
 
Shinra Soldier 1: No, I didn't have any guides other than artwork/screenshots. She's made primarily out of paper products (newsprint, cardboard, Kleenex) and white glue--the full list of materials I used in on the website that I gave a link to in a previous post.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top