My Current Thoughts Between Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Catalyst

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
281
Age
38
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Website
www.myspace.com
RPG Name
Catalyst
Although I haven't beaten either of the games, I believe I should be able to comment on both.

With Tactics, I believe it is more organized, the storyline is actually playable, and you're able to concentrate more, rather than constantly saving your clan areas in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I've actually gotten stuck in Tactics where I couldn't actually go anywhere to get anything to heal, level up, or upgrade.

With Tactics Advance, as I mentioned if you want to keep and defend all of your areas, I believe it is quite difficult to focus on the storyline. I have tried numerous times to actually focus on the storyline and try and keep everything - plus keep weapons and such at the top workable stats. I am not trying to say that the game is complex, I just think that you should be able to focus on the storyline more.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance does have more content - well from what I've played so far, and more to do, as well as I feel as if things are more costly in Final Fantasy Tactics, I believe it is the better of the two. Again, at least so far.
 
I haven't played either game in a very long time. But overall I would have to agree with you, especially on Tactics--I believe that game was the better of the two.

However, in both games it was difficult to train. I found it annoying when all you ran into was battles at one time, and then another time you just couldn't run into any battles at all. This was especially hard in Tactics...XP

Still, FF Tactics was a better game in terms of gameplay. Storyline-wise, both games were excellent. :D
 
Re: My Current Thoughts Between Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

With Tactics Advance as I mentioned, the storyline seems to be more 'fun', but in Tactics, there is a 'true' Final Fantasy storyline. Hence you don't see someone that wakes up in the middle of nowhere and doesn't know what's going on sort of thing. It's always someone dies / gets abducted / some other romantic or violent-relating story.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top