Old Cards

Kite

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
35
Age
35
Location
Belmont Manor, Spirit World
Occupation
Student and Full-Time Reasearcher for fun and unusual facts!
RPG Name
Kite
Hey,

Kite here on an information gathering mission! I need some help finding information on an old OLD Japanese card game known as Obake Karuta! If anyone finds any information on this game it would be greatly appreciated! I've already looked on wikipedia and you should check there to see if it peaks your intrest! Here's the link....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karuta

Information Badly Wanted
---------------------------------
1. Where to purchase a possible remake of the old cards
2. Rules!


Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me on my little quest!
 
Try ebay, they have almost everything
 
It looks very interesting... Im searching the net for info about it but cant seem to find a thing. The pictures of the cards are awesome though. Hopefully ill find some info on it tomorrow. I'm too tired right now. -.-

A link to this was at the bottom of the wiki page, but as i said before, I'm too tired to read it now. There may be useful info in here though.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~xs3d-bull/essays/karuta/karuta.html

Be careful, it looks like there is a lot of different versions of it that may not be what your looking for.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the info you guys! And speaking of the versions Obake is the one I'm very interested in because it involves all the monsters of Japanese legend, sort of like old-skool pokemon! Thanks again for the help! (PS eBay doesn't have them!)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top