umaro

dappa

Sage
Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
1,778
Age
48
Location
Zanarkand Ruins (ok I live in the UK)
Occupation
car sales
RPG Name
Leon
I think umaro is a useful character to have for the battle arena as you know what attacks he is going to do.

But does anyone know how to equip certain armours to him as it does say that certain armour in the equip screen can be used by him.
 
... Umaro was the only character I left behind when I had to choose characters. And how I enjoyed that!
 
I usually get him just for the sheer hell of it. XD Ava's funny, but it is so true. He could just as easily NOT be in the game and it wouldn't change anything.

But still...any friend of a moogle is a friend of mine! :D
 
He's pretty nice since he can actually physically attack in the Fanatic's Tower and he can often pack a punch in my lower level teams in Kefka's Tower. But I honestly wouldn't pick him for my main party. He can't become teh uber-godliness like Gau can, and he's still uncontrollable.
 
Gau and umaro where my two least used characters, but I found when I equipped the offering to him and got him to imitate a stray cat as his rage it is really effective.

It has the same effect as an atma weapon with offering.

Is it true that umaro can be powered up using the cherry items
 
I've tried using a Green Cherry on Umaro at least 2 or 3 times. Apparently, it has no effect at all. (Except when you fight him as a boss, of course).
 
Drake said:
I've tried using a Green Cherry on Umaro at least 2 or 3 times. Apparently, it has no effect at all. (Except when you fight him as a boss, of course).

Yeah I think you're right there. Some of these tip websites are utter crap
 
In my opinion, even though you cannot truly control Umaro, he is the best and physically strongest character there is in the game.

For myself, my two least used characters are Cyan and Gogo.
 
Catalyst said:
In my opinion, even though you cannot truly control Umaro, he is the best and physically strongest character there is in the game.

For myself, my two least used characters are Cyan and Gogo.

Umaro can be pretty useless in the finalbattle, specially on the second step when u can blast out those with magics. Cyan can be allmost as good as Umaro in strength he and Sabin are almost the same in strength.

Not using Gogo is a loss, u dont have to learn him anything just boost his magicpwr up and then mimic the one that have ultima ;)
 
I dont use umaro much outside the battle arena. I would never use him or gau against such a boss as kefka. Sometimes kefka retaliates with some pretty nasty stuff when physically attacked.

And for gogo I like having him in my party for two reasons one mimicing the esper which can morph enemies to items and the other for his mugging and stealing abilities.

For the final dungeon when u split your characters into three parties I like to make sure there is one member in each party that can steal or mug.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top