What do you think of yourself as

Spiff

Kung-Fu Fighter
Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
1,026
Age
43
Location
Detroit
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Roller
I've realized that I am a complete A-Hole to most people I know, not cruel but I still make fun of them. But they're jerks back to me too so its OK. :D
 
That sounds like my friend. He's a complete a-hole to everyone he knows, it's just his style. But he does it in a fun way, I've never seen anyone take it personally or get upset in any kind of way from what he says.

What I think of myself? Oh boy, don't get me started. I'm a quiet and not very social (surprise!) computer nerd. And the only time in my life when I've been feeling anything remotely confident was with my last (and only) gf.
 
Well I think everyone on this board are Computer geeks, including me. But hey, I love it. The wife on the other hand.. :p

I'm really a nice guy to everyone, piss me off then that is another story.
 
Hmm what am I.. I am me, nice guy, too nice and I space out way too much. I'm beyond being a computer nerd, (i use to read script for fun sad) and in reality i hate computers, I like cars a lot more. I am a jerk to anyone that pisses me off, but not directly, I just lead them to their own doom. I have also only had one girlfriend so your not alone Shadow, and yeh its a good confidence booster. Hmmm Otherwise I am someone that most adults strive to be like, young good looking, and set for life (did you know you can make 250k a year being a hacker?)
 
I think I'm kinda dull and childish, but I try not to be.....
 
I try to help people too much. I put others before myself, and most of the time they use me. My intentions are good, but I never feel appreciated. I set my goals way too high (ie shooting par in golf [72], when I shoot low 90's ish) and then when I don't achieve my goals, I get frustrated. And thus, my self confidence is pretty low.

I try not to be a computer nerd, but lately I've found myself analyzing and creating Magic: The Gathering decks and playing MTG online alot, so I must be a nerd of sorts.
 
You try not to be a nerd?

I couldn't do that - I spend nearly all my wake time by the computer and I make my own programs (I'm a computer science student after all) in my spare time when I'm not playing games or designing something (which doesn't happen as frequently anymore). I'm not even trying to not be a nerd. In fact, I'm proud of it. It's who I am, and I have no reason to deny what and who I am when I have absolutely no desire to change my way of life. But don't get me wrong - I like to hang out and party and all that, I just don't do it very often (and with my last gf, I barely played any games or anything anyway, cause I spent nearly all my time with her and doing things with her).

It may sound a bit corny to say that you are proud of being a nerd, but it's more about allowing yourself to be who you are without feeling bad about it. At least I'm not trying to be someone that I'm not :)

This is not meant as criticism to you, Mong00se, so please don't feel offended. I just felt like sharing when I read that line in your post.
 
Haha, point well taken.

I didn't mean I didn't want to be labeled as a nerd, because I am fine to be a nerd. I just feel that I should get off the computer sometimes and get some physical activity, or go to the movies with some friends, etc etc. But I spend most of my time in the basement on my computer or ps2. I just think I need to experience more of life.
 
I'm usually pretty nice to people, even when they do piss me off, but if I'm in a pissed off mood in general then you could be in for some trouble. I'm pretty much a secluded nerd like the rest of you. Usually whenever I hang out with my friends something insanely funny happens and we make a joke out of that for a long time. (Just this summer, for instance, my friend tried cleaning off his FF8 discs with toothpaste, because that is supposedly a good way to clean them, and he put the disc in his PS2 without realizing that he had forgotten to wipe the toothpaste off. His PS2 hasn't worked since.) I'm pretty much the class-A nerd. I'd rather sit home with books and video games than go out into the light shed by that giant fireball our rock orbits around.
 
I hear you, FFnut. I never knew what that giant yellow fireball was good for. It just makes things too hot in the summer :P
 
FFnut said:
(Just this summer, for instance, my friend tried cleaning off his FF8 discs with toothpaste, because that is supposedly a good way to clean them, and he put the disc in his PS2 without realizing that he had forgotten to wipe the toothpaste off. His PS2 hasn't worked since.) I'm pretty much the class-A nerd. I'd rather sit home with books and video games than go out into the light shed by that giant fireball our rock orbits around.

OMG! :eek:

I come here when I'm supposed to be doing homework. (like right now :p )
 
Im a hopeless romantic who tries to help everyone.
1/4metal 1/4goth 1/4nerd 1/4me
 
(heh heh, second post here. >> give me a break..)

I, am a hopeless romantic who has nothing better to do than to daydream. I am most often a depressed person, but sometimes I am just insane. XP
 
im really careless....and a complete goofball.
"what happens, happens for a reason."
thats what i say
 
Me, I am an optimist always seeing the good. But, never seeing the bad causes alot of buildup of sadness within because most of the time I never show it. I have off days on those days, days when I belive life is just too boring. I crave something other than the dull existence we've been given...wait I started rambling! Please forgive me! :)
 
Me i can be an @$$ at times but i don't let it bother me cause i know (in my heart) that i can change.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top