What genre of metal (no metal hateing please)

What Genre of Metal is your Favorite

  • Hardcore(Hatebreed)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Classic Metal (Sabbath, Judas Priest,Maiden,ect)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Death(Deicide, Cannibal Corpse)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Black (Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem,Satyricon)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Extreme(Napalm Death, Cradle of Filth)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Doom (My Dying Bride)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Melodic/Progressive Death(In Flames, Archenemy)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Power (Dio, Manowar,Kamelot,Dragon Force)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Guitar Lead (Black Label Society, A7X)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nu(Korn, Deaftones)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

blackstar

Headbanger For Life
Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,578
Age
35
Location
TN
Occupation
Metalhead/Lover/student in that order
RPG Name
Marwyn The Blackstar
Ok metal heads time to stand up. ;gui What genre of metal do you prefer to listen to? I myself prefer black metal Dimmu-Bogir, Mayhem, stuff like that I enjoy the seriousness of it and im somewhat of an occultist myself so some of that appeals to me. So enough about me whats your choice?
 
Cool thread!
But it's REALLY hard to pick a favourite especially since i listen to most of these types of music
but i pick xtreme
 
A little bit of most, but mostly classic (if you can call it that? :p) and power (but not all of that, mostly the heavier kind..).
 
Death Metal is the best!!!
 
Slider said:
Cool thread!
But it's REALLY hard to pick a favourite especially since i listen to most of these types of music
but i pick xtreme
I agree it is hard because i listen to at least one band from all of these types.
 
Classic for me. =P

And I don't see any "Underoath" examples there. XD
 
Well, lately I've revived my love for the hardcore and metalcore music, bands like:

Every Time I Die, Misery Signals, Parkway Drive, The Blood Brothers, Comeback Kid, Norma Jean, He Is Legend.

<3
 
Last edited:
Hydra said:
Classic for me. =P

And I don't see any "Underoath" examples there. XD
I used bands i am a fan of, and i do like underoath but i did not think of them when i typed this.
 
Doom is a genre ive only recently really got into thats why i only have one example.

Right now metal wise im realy big into Dir en grey.
 
where are the good hardcore/experimental bands?

the number 12 looks like you
circa survive
vanna
animosity :)
underoath

i dont pick any of those. But I do like some hardcore
 
Keelus Mclain II said:
where are the good hardcore/experimental bands?

the number 12 looks like you
circa survive
vanna
animosity :)
underoath

i dont pick any of those. But I do like some hardcore

Experimental Hardcore?

Do you like

The Blood Brothers

? <3
 
Okay I'm not a huge metal know-it-all, but you're the first person to say that KoRn is a metal band.

I'm into a variety of bands, but I picked black metal - that's what I started with. The bands I listen to overall metal-wise are: Dimmu Borgir
It Dies Today
As I Lay Dying
Emperor
I'll put Slipknot in this list, but it's more of a "to what they think since they're classified differently to everyone"
Satyricon (some of their stuff, Fuel For Hatred and Angstridden mostly)
Lamb of God
Strapping Young Lad
Children of Bodom
Trivium (a bit)
and a friend of mine just got me into Tristania
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korn

Korn (sometimes typeset as "KoЯn" to fit the official logo) is an alternative metal band from Bakersfield, California.

They are often credited with popularizing the nu metal genre and, along with other bands of the time, inspiring many of nu metal, alternative metal and rap metal bands through the mid-1990s and early 2000s. Despite this, Korn have been quoted for disliking the term and disliking even being called "metal."

Not that I listen to Korn (the little I've heard sounds fairly good though), but just to show you that it is easy to find references calling Korn metal.
 
I don't listen to them, they're not bad but they're terrible on stage (You can be sure of that);)

As for their most common genre is Nu metal, followed by alternative and maybe some punk metal in some songs too!
 
Slider said:
I don't listen to them, they're not bad but they're terrible on stage (You can be sure of that);)

As for their most common genre is Nu metal, followed by alternative and maybe some punk metal in some songs too!

I'd call them rapmetal, for, the first album of theirs I've heard was Follow The Leader. And most of their songs following that record just are very Nu-Metal (which by now you could completely determine if a song is Nu or not! (wether the guys hate the term or not). And KoRn and Deftones simply are the two main bands that made that genre of alternative metal more popular!

And yes, they were quite dreadfully awful live. :p Kinda expected, though. I still really enjoy some of their work! (Life Is Peachy and all of that)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top