Final Fantasy VII Weapons/Hardest Bosses, etc.

Arkacia

Paladin
Member
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
805
Age
62
Location
Australia
Website
cresmoon.com
Occupation
Cat Wrangler
RPG Name
Sasami
I've scoured the net and tried various metholds I've found on it to beat ruby weapon but nothing has worked. I get killed every time :D.

Has anyone here managed to beat it and if so how?

I've played the game through about 10 times and would love to just once do it completly with nothing left undone. I've not managed to beat emerald weapon either but think I've figured that one out. Ruby weapon just defeats me every time.
 
Get command counter materia, and grow it until you have eight mastered. Do the same with mime. Have one of your characters with eight sets of linked slots so you can set up an eight-linked counter-mime chain. Give your person as much weapon power as possible and get limit (preferably one with multiple atacks). Launch a limit once the battle starts and don't do anything. Once Ruby attacks the character who used limit and has the insane amounts of counter-mime...

Well, I've seen this combo beat Emmy in a minute and eighteen seconds with Barret's Ungarmax. If it can beat Emerald that quickly, imagine what it can do against Ruby.
 
That won't work against Ruby IMO. Ruby has the single highest defense in the game. Have you ever tried using regular attacks or limit breaks on him? I have.. you will miss almost every hit, and if you do hit, you will do pathetic damage compared to what you do against normal enemies and bosses.

I once tried the All Lucky 7s trick against Ruby. The character doing it will hit the enemy 64 times for 7777 damage each. But I can't remember a single one of those 64 attacks connecting.. maybe a handful actually connected, but I think every single one missed Ruby.

What it comes down to is.. if you want to kill Ruby Weapon with attacks and limit breaks, you basically need to max out your strength and have a very high attack %. And that's not worth the time and effort IMO..

This is what I always do against Ruby:

Put a Mime or Master Command on each character, so that everyone has the Mime command. One character gets W-Summon, KotR and Hades (or W-Summon and a Master Summon materia, if you have one). One character gets Phoenix if you didn't put a Master Summon on someone. That's all you need. I always fill up the rest of the materia slots with materia that I want to master (you do get 50,000 AP for beating Ruby and Emerald, I don't see a reason to let it go to waste), and usually have Double or Triple growth weapons on everyone (to get the most out of those 50,000 AP afterwards). Just leave enough slots for HP Plus materias so you'll have 9999 HP on everyone.

Enter a battle with some weak enemy and kill off everyone except the character with Phoenix, and finish the battle. Save your game ^_^. Enter battle with Ruby. As soon as he puts his claws in the ground, cast Phoenix to revive the other 2 characters. Now, have the character with the W-Summon materia summon Hades and KotR in one turn, and Mime with the other 2. Hades will cause Stop on Ruby, preventing him from countering KotR (if he's not stopped, he will automatically counter KotR with Ultima). Now you just need to keep miming until the battle ends. Easy.

This has worked against Ruby every time for me, and with Double/Triple growth weapons and the huge AP bonus from both Ruby and Emerald I always have every materia (except maybe KotR) mastered at least once after those 2 fights.

Oh and I should say that this will only work if you have the battle mode on Wait or Recommended. If you have it on Active, Ruby will always wake up during KotR because it takes so damn long (with Active, time never stops in battle).
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice all, I'll try your metholds and hopefully one of them will work for me :).
 
I haven't played VII in a couple years but i remember beating him by first having 2 of my guys killed so he would put his hands down or something like that, then i revive my guys KOR, Limit breaks, elixiers n it was done
 
johnnylumpkin said:
I've never played it.

If you've never played and don't know what we're talking about then please don't spam up my thread by posting :).
 
I recomend you fight Emerald first I always found him to be easier, I can't be bothered to write a huge long stratagy or anything but I'll tell you the materia you need the most; Knights of the round paired with w-summon, Pheonix paired with final attack, mime materia on at least two characters paired with MP Absorb or Turbo (can't remeber which) and a enemy skill with angle wishper just incase ;)

Tip, easy ways to lvl up materia:

collect the w-item materia from the tunnles during your last visit to Midgar and use the w-item trick to get 99 Elixers (well...quite a few anyway) then go down the Northen cave and give the magic pots Elixers.
also down the northern cave are Movers, they give you loads of AP for finishing them off.

Hope this helps...
 
You really doesnt have to have so many master command if you want to beat him.
But if you want every character to be alive at the end, either revive them at the end or give the them the same equipment.

MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb

just make sure you dont die in one hit and enough magic protection (200+)
Ribbon is verry usefull to have to.

You can beat him that way but if you want it fast have
2 Knights of the Round Charges and W-sumon
Master Summon paired with MP Turbo

If your other players is dead when you start the fight, cast Knights of the Round and wait.

Everytime you get attacked you counter with Knights of the Round and get full hp.
 
Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Emerald Weapon
Hp:850000 - 1000000
Mp:9999 - 99999
Location:Underwater Reactor
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO,
3 Huge Materias,Other
Winnings:Earth Harp
Tradings: In the Kalm City talk to the man you give Guide Book and give the Earth Harp for Master Command, Summon, Magic.
Unleashed by: Beating or losing the submirane mini-game.

Ruby Weapon
Hp:1000000 - 1250250
Mp:99999 - 999999
Location: Gold Saucer Area
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).
Winnings:Gold Chocobo(Should Already Have It For KOR and Mime and all :rolleyes:
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure most ppl here already knew about them :)

Lionheart250 said:
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other

Not true :p.. I've beaten Emerald without using KOR or Final Attack once.. and I have never used Bahamut ZERO on him.

Lionheart250 said:
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).

All you NEED to beat Ruby is KOR, Hades, W-Summon and Mime. That's it.
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Lionheart250 said:
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other

I've seen a video of Emerald being beaten in 78 seconds (no Underwater Materia so you could see the timer) with NONE of these. The entire battle was Barret using Ungarmax (his 3-2 limit), getting attacked, and counter-miming Ungarmax eight times (although he only needed four before Emerald keeled over). Battle ended with the timer at 18:42. Absolutely amazing.
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Ultimate Weapon
HP:10000 - 100000
MP:400 - 9999
Location:Mideel, Fort Condor, Junon, Nieblhiem, Cosmo Canyon
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Ultima Beam _________________________________
Quake3
Shadow Flare
The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam. He's pretty easy to beat so just keep summoning your best monsters and use physical attacks to deal out damage. After you've injured it enough, it will fly away. You can battle this Weapon a total of four times. After the final battle, you'll receive Cloud's ultimate weapon.






Diamond Weapon
HP:50000
MP:3000
Location:Shores Near Midgar
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Stomp _____________________________
Laser Ray
Diamond Flash
Diamond Weapon isn't much of a challenge, but be sure to keep your party HP up. Since Diamond Weapon is typically immune to physical attacks, take him out with constant magic and summon attacks. Killing him before the countdown reaches zero will reward your party with experience, AP, and gil. However, if you don't finish him off in time the Sister Ray will fire and destroy him and the shield around the Northern Crater.

Ruby Weapon
HP:1000000 - 1250250
MP:900
Location:Corel Desert -The Ruby Weapon is located just outside of the Gold Saucer in the desert and can be approached either by the Highwind or a chocobo.
Attack
______________ Battle Strategy
Whirlsand ____________________________
Grand Sweep
Ruby Ray
Ruby Fire
Ultima
Comet
Shadow Flare
Start off the battle by having the character equipped with the Big Guard Enemy Skill cast Big Guard. It is important that this be the first thing done in the battle; it will help Cloud tremendously. Have Cloud cast Bahamut ZERO with W-Summon. Although damage may be negligable, it will provoke Ruby Weapon to release his tenticles behind you. At this point, it is not significant if any other characters besides Cloud get sucked off the battle field. Cast a W-Summoned Knights of the Round at the tentacles. This materia will be highly powerful with the added power of the Magic Plus materia. You'll also get healed because of the HP Absorb. Mimic every turn and Knights of the Round will be cast twice, regardless of its level. In addition, you won't lose any MP by mimicing this summon. Keep doing this each turn and you will eventually kill him. Ruby may try using Comet2 and other highly powerful spells, but most will miss with the Mystile Armor.





Emerald Weapon
HP:800000 - 1000000
MP:100
Location:Underwater Area - The Emerald Weapon is located under the ocean, accessible by the Submarine and can be approached by making contact. You'll have 20 minutes to complete the battle unless you have the Underwater Materia.
Attack
__________ Battle Strategy
Emerald Shoot ____________________
Emerald Beam
Revenge Stamp
Aire Tam Storm
Start by casting W-Summon using Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round with your second character. Have Cloud mimic your second character. This combo will allow Bahamut ZERO to be cast 4 times and Knights of the Round once afterward. Keep mimicking with Cloud, skipping other characters' turns. After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm. Phoenix will revive your group and you'll have to start the combination over again. After you've defeated the Emerald Weapon, you'll aquire the Earth Harp. You can exchange with the man at Kalm for three Master Materias.
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

And we are pointing out things we disagree with :)

Lionheart250 said:
The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam.

That's not true. I know he uses a Gravity attack as well, but I can't remember if it's Demi, Demi2 or Demi3. One of them. He can also use Shadow Flare, but that's only as finishing attack (And if you want to learn it, you may want to equip all your Enemy Skill materias on the character tha will deal the last blow, and make sure s/he survives it). I'm pretty sure he can attack physically as well :)

Lionheart250 said:
After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm.

I've heard that Emerald will only use Aire Tam Storm if his eyes are open, and then you can easily prevent it by attacking his eyes (20k-30k damage is enough to make him close them, if I recall correctly) as soon as he opens them. I don't know for sure though if that's how it works.
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

I also notice how he completely skipped how to lessen the damage Aire Tam Storm deals. And the WEAPONS are not the hardest bosses anyway, with the exception of Ruby and Emmy. I happen to know that Sephiroth is much more powerful than Ultimate, so how come he isn't mentioned either? And Diamond is a cinch. I had more trouble with the Guard Scorpion than with Diamond (Early Chocobo Breeding = Midgar Raid with Knights). Why don't you put some other hard bosses on here?
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

The hardest regular must-face bosses are probably Materia Keeper, Lost Number (well, depending on at which stage of the game you face him) and Demon Wall. Well, they are about the only bosses in the game that I constantly see help threads for at GameFAQs' FF7 message board. They pop up like there's no tomorrow. And yes, those 3 can all be pretty challenging if you're underleveled and/or don't know what strategy to use.. probably more difficult than any other boss in the game, except Emmy and Ruby. At least they are the 3 bosses I remember having the most trouble with during my first playthrough at least (especially Demon Wall).

EDIT: Realized Lost Number isn't a must-face boss, and I'm not sure I even fought him on my first time through. But anyway :)
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

I have never had any trouble with Lost Number. Now Rapps is annoying. That no-materia fight is the only one that I can lose many times in a row. I just have to hope that I get lucky and he doesn't Aero3 my team to the grave every time. Which he usually does.
 
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Lost Number caused problems for me my first time at least, because I had never fought him and hadn't read anything about it.. so I ended up with his physical form and I don't think I I survived it (he can after all, one-hit kill all your party members if you're not in the back row and/or have barrier active). Since then I always make sure to get his magical form, and finish him with limits. But yeah, if you fight him as soon as possible, and you don't know anything about the fight before-hand, he may very well be trouble.

Ah yes, Rapps. I know that Aero3 whopped me nicely the first time through, but I can honestly not remember ever losing that fight. I tend to level quite a bit though.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top