Eh, that's more like March anyway, the way they do that. I'd seriously consider importing if I were in PAL position.
I just picked it up today, and the nifty 'Collector's Edition' strategy guide. It sure is pretty. And giant! Like, Kingdom Hearts II and Star Ocean 3 giant. It also comes with a beautiful artbook.
Now, the game itself is pretty amazing. It's quite expansive. I don't think I've flipped out over a big beginning town since FFIX. They always seem to give special treatment to every third numbered game in the series. xD I'm barely at the beginning though (1 hour and 40 minutes, should give us an impression of how lengthly this game is!). The battle system takes some getting used to, but it is fun. But the one thing I'm enjoying above all else is the customization system! The License Board is very similar to the Sphere Grid. You have to save up LP (License Points) in battle, which are similar to AP, to activate licenses on the License Board. Nearly everything is licensed, spells, special techniques, and every type of equipment! After a license is activated, you can use that specific spell (s), item, or equipment, but you have to purchase it first of course. This gives great customization without being too overpowered, it seems. I like it.
In addition, there's also a clan where you can recieve missions (on the mission board) similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics games (which is fitting, considering FFXII is a Matsuno project). A moogle named Montblanc is even the clan leader! Also, monsters no longer drop Gil. This gives a sense of realism like FFVIII where you recieved a SeeD salary. Monsters do drop (and you can Steal) items which can be sold for money, in addition to the incentives of missions and monster hunts.
The story is also very remniscent of previous adventures in Ivalice...warring nations, political scandals, you name it. And I'm only like two hours in. xD The story has been pretty boring so far, but I'm sure that should change soon.
Well, I've typed enough, but I must say that any Final Fantasy fan shouldn't be disappointed. I'll be sure to give further thoughts as I go along. But I've played enough for today.
Edit: The bonus DVD in the 'Collector's Edition' Gamestop/EBGames package is also worth the extra ten dollars because of the wonderfully nostalgic 'History of Final Fantasy' featurette, which goes over the entire series! SE is really using all thier effort to make this game worth it for old school fans and new players alike.