A cure for homosexuality?

I think that is completely wrong. They shouldnt be wastin it on crap like that. God is racist, sexist, and everything-else I dont know the word for-ist!!! I dont understand why humans worship Him....
 
Yeah me either, I mean churches just overexert themselves on god, it's an obsession, which is scary in it's own way. You don't need to go to church to love god, whatsoever. People are just taught this from birth that they should go to church every sunday, especially in America
 
The truth is - this is sick: no matter what way you slice it. Whether or not God is brought into the picture. Mankind has no right fiddling w/life. This just goes to show how irresponsible man can be. But another point I would like to make is that God loves homosexuals the same as he loves born-again Christians. We're all sinners and fall WAY short of perfection. I don't look down/with contempt on anyone because of their orientation, their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or their appearance. I mean, I HAVE, when I didn't know any better. But when you realize what it means to love someone - regardless of who they are or what they've done - even to YOU - you understand what LOVE truely means. Our societies have stripped the meaning of the word away because we 'love' our pets, parents, significant other, God, home, freedom, individualism...blah blah blah. I'm not saying that you DON'T love any of those things...just that the word is thrown around so much we almost say it at times without even thinking of what it implies.

BTW KB: Those 'Christians' you were talking about - many of them are brainwashed by MAN-MADE religious beliefs to think that God hates homosexuals - He doesn't. He hates sin. Period.


WM: I don't think you understand what God is like at all, but rather have had the world tell you what it thinks He's like, instead of finding out for yourself.

And Shinra Soldier: I agree with you that you don't need to go to any building to worship and serve God, but that He would rather we live our lives in reverance to Him - giving him the respect/admiration that He deserves.


That's all I have to say about this topic.
 
I don't agree that we are all sinners, or that we should attempt to say what we believe god thinks, no one really could know what god would think no one even knows what he looks like, we only get word of mouth about god and what he or she supposedly has done from people of ages long past. Unless I am told by him directly, I am NOT a sinner, so don't try to classify me just so I can be another page in your religious beliefs.
 
I agree. Its a curiosity. Why do we worship Him when all he says is that we are pathetic and His enemy, but if we rebel, as His enemies, we shall be punished. The only way to become His allies is to worship him, which does have some logic in it, but he says that we are sinners and dirt and everything, and then we still worship Him? I find that odd. Plus, human nature isnt sin, it seems to be a natural rebellious instinct.
 
Yes I totally agree with what you are saying about how the statements contradict one another! The religions we experience are only the product of mankind, used to keep ancient peoples (who did not fear punishment or death as we do today) in line and to follow their rules and beliefs, and to lie to them so the governments can do what they wish! It's a way to sidetrack individuals and keep them out of the way of business. Now I am not against religions because I feel there can be a god, it's just I choose not to believe a person who gets paid to preach about god : P
 
RELIGION as a whole is a man-made thing - this is true.

SPIRITUALITY on the other hand focuses on the individual at hand. It stresses the condition of one's heart and soul before God. The issue isn't do you know ABOUT God...it becomes: Do you KNOW God. Its about relationship. The only way you can have a relationship with God is to have a relationship with His only Son - Jesus Christ.

If you're interested, I'm going to be writing more about that in the 'Ask about...God?!' thread shortly.

...oh, BTW: I don't get paid to speak my mind about my faith. But somehow I doubt that matters to people.


In the future, let's try to keep the discussion on-topic, as we seem to have strayed a little off-course. This thread is about sexuality, and science's pathetic attempt to manipulate nature.
 
In the future, let's try to keep the discussion on-topic, as we seem to have strayed a little off-course. This thread is about sexuality, and science's pathetic attempt to manipulate nature.

I came to post the same thing, but Phoenix already said it. Please keep the discussion subjects on topic. There're some other threads to talk about religion already.
 
I apologize. But sexuality does have a lot to do with religion, at least the 'bad part' of it. The only major arguement against homosexuality is that it goes against the Christian's God.
 
You're wrong. That's not "the only major argument".
In this case sexuality does not have anything to do with religion. There are many people who are not believers and still think homosexuality is a wrong thing, because it is 'against the human nature'.

So as I said, please keep the conversation on topic.
 
Wow, white mage... I had no idea that you had a thoughts like that... I am kinda glad that people share my opinion for once...
 
I'll keep you on topic by telling this story: the ability to manipulate something of the mind is a wonderful tool that can help build a utopia similar to the one in Bioshock, only problem is what will happen when everyone is manipulated by science? Obviously, no one would want to be treated for homosexuality, at least I wouldn't think so. Although I disagree with the current purpose of the experimentation, I do enjoy the fact that we are able to make these strides in medical/biological/biopsychological research. Imagine being able to manipulate an entire generation of people to dislike war and bloodshed, or to dislike unhealthy foods, or greediness. I hope those of you against it will be able to look further into the future at the possibilities
 
Wow, white mage... I had no idea that you had a thoughts like that... I am kinda glad that people share my opinion for once...

What'd you expect? That I'd say 'yeah, go, Homosexuality is wrong!'? Im Soma's sister for God's sake!! Ive been taught better. Besides, you and I never talk. Im like Soma, Im more complex (kinda, not really) than I seem. I think its wonderful that science can do this type of thing, I just think that they should pay attention to far more serious subjects, like Alzheimer's.
 
Yes I definitely agree with that, but they are studying this on flies, flies can't get Alzheimer's, they can't be mentally retarded, or have any type of bias. The best you can do is to have them forget how to fly, or make them gay, I mean there isn't much else you can do with a fly
 
Eh, point there. But with today's technology, we could easily work on simulations, than move on to mice, then whatevers. Which can me mentally retarded.
 
I believe that science should be used to cure certain things... Like Shinra Soldier said, we may even be able to stop war and bloodshed... These things are the wonders of science... I just don't see why people spend their time on stuff like cures for something that isn't a threat to society, or individuals... I just hope that some people smarten up soon...

@white mage: Yeah, I should know you a little better than that, eh? You think alot differently than your brother... :)
 
If some people WANTED to "cure" their own sexual tendencies, they would be denying themselves, their true selves..when you try to change someone in that deep of a level, you are misleading them into denying who they really are. Sometimes changing on a certain level is a good thing, like trying to lose weight, or trying to quell an angry disposition. But all things can lead to great excess, and if it goes too far and too deeply, one can get into trouble. After all, would you want to lose so much weight that you would become completely anorexic and obsessed with yourself? And would you want to rid yourself of any ability to use anger to fight back in important situations? (For example, defending yourself against an killer with a gun.)

Science is making a big mistake in trying to change the world too strongly. Now they want to try and change our way of thinking altogether. It's like they want us all to be clones of each other. Humans come into this world looking, feeling, and acting differently for a reason.

The mind is a delicate thing, and far more vast than anyone could understand. Not one person can comprehend themselves to the full extent that we would like to. And I hope that, even if one day someone discovers a way to do so, they never try to manipulate or use it.

Manipulation...is what would lead our society to misery. Dictatorships would be prominent if scientists could control the human mind in ways we're not even sure of yet. Does anyone want that great, that powerful, that terrible of an authority?
 
Last edited:
We could become like the Society in the Giver. We may be content, but we would stop being human...... I love arguing, and not doing so... ~shudders~ that'd be terrible!! Im terrified to see what humans would do with that power.... Weve already all-but killed the earth.....

@really? I thought we shared that opinion. Does Soma not agree with your sexuality? how odd.... Well, I'm behind you 100%!! (perv)
 
The society in The Giver... That is a really good example actually... Who would want to live like that?

@white mage: Of course Stephen supports my sexuality... And I trust you can keep it a secret... :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top