Absolute favorite RPG series other than Final Fantasy.

Hydra said:
O.o Don't you dare remind me. XD The true last boss of 8 is generally easy with the Dragon Soul ability. If you don't have that by that time, while most probably wont, it's a bit of trial and error on winning. All depends on what the opponent does. And how leveled/good you are. o.o

Yeah, if people feel like leveling to level 60 by then. :p (Generally at the late 30s by the end of most DQ games...usually.)

reasonimalive said:
If you can find III and IV in the series...those are the best IMO. I played the hell out of both of them growing up and had to repurchase them in adolesence. GREAT games! <Sighs.>

I adore III! I haven't gotten very far in IV, however. I miss the old school sound effects...well, at least they put in the orchestrated soundtrack for VIII. I hope the European release has the old-school SFX. (The attack one, the spell one, etc.)

I miss the days when you find the Hero's ultimate sword on the floor of the final dungeon..."So-and-so searched the ground...but found nothing." "So-and-so searched the ground...you obtained the Thunder Sword" *Item Discovery fanfare* xD
 
Last edited:
Saga Frontier is my favorite, basely al I play is squaresoft games.
 
Thats a very hard to decide question.. i got 2 favorites though Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. :D
 
I'd have to say that the second bst series for me is Star Ocean. But I also really enjoy playing the Grandia games, they own. I mean the battle systam is just great, the minus is that they are a bit easy.
I really enjoyed KH and am gonna buy the second 1 as soon as I finish with DQ VIII
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top