Advent Children

Shinra Soldier 1

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
203
Age
38
Location
Chillicothe, Ohio
Website
www.angelfire.com
Occupation
Cashier-Community Markets
RPG Name
Shinra Elite Unit 1
I just bought the DVD (I had pirated it about a year ago) and I was thinking, why is it not as good as I thought it was? I mean I highly enjoyed it and everyone, but I don't see why no one makes a movie as great as the game. Ever since i've played that game, I've never played anything as beautiful, except maybe baten kaitos eternal wings and the lost ocean. It's just silly that they are fighting off some virus thing and sephiroth clones. I would still give it a four star out of five, but it just makes me realize all the more that movies based of games and vice versa (except resident evil extinction) is not the best move
 
yea, it is silly isn't it?

Ever since I beat FFX for the first time, i wanted them to make a movie out of it, and then i seen the other FF movies (Spirit Within, AC.) and i freaked.
I thought SW was horrible.
its just not the same when they turn it into a movie.
 
Yeah. It's different with most movies based on a SERIES, 'cause they have a story to itself, built on the game. Movies that are based on the events in a GAME turn out crappier.
 
I feel you pain with SW...I didn't enjoy it all either. But you know whats funny...those movies are extremely hard to understand if you haven't played the game and remember what you played. You really won't get the story line that well. I was explaining the whole thing to my mom...and well I just gave up because theres just to much to explain...she doesn't play any video games.
 
thats so tru, i had to do the same thing with my mum, its jus too hard to explain it to sum1 who hasnt played the game b4...but i agree, its gonna b very hard to top that 1
 
I think I'm still one of the few here that thinks Advent Children was totally crap and so much worse on as good as all aspects in comparison with The Spirits Within. :p AHWELL.
 
I think I'm still one of the few here that thinks Advent Children was totally crap and so much worse on as good as all aspects in comparison with The Spirits Within. :p AHWELL.

No, I agree. And not just because you're Avathar. :3

AC is pretty, but compared to the game, seriously compared to it, it's not too great. Spirits Within wasn't based on a game, so you really can't compare it with anything. The first approach they tried may have failed to most, but personally, I like it better.

I think we're just weird though. D:
 
On the other hand, there IS the whole FFVII-and-its-related-stuff-fandom, which is becoming quite big for its bridges, and also becoming irritating, so I didn't had any high hopes eitherway when I first heard that Advent Children was coming out! I do like Final Fantasy 7, though, but I keep my 'fandom' to that single game and don't idolize it.

But apart from that, there simply wasn't much at all that I found really appealing to AC. Like I said before in a similar thread, even the quality of the animation isn't that good! And the weak story that's supposed to be a mighty follow-up to the game's story, nope, didn't cut it at all. And hah, if you didn't play the game, of course there was no way you could slightly grasp what AC is all about.

And yeah, it's sorta typical to start comparing AC and TSW, probably BECAUSE the diverse differences are kinda big. ;*

D;
 
Mmhmm. It's a hit or miss thing.

Either it'll be overrated because of all the FF7 fanboys, or hated, because it has a weird spikey haired dude with a big sword, killing monsters. It'll draw in people who haven't played the game, for sure, but for the most part, the only fans of the movie are the ones who played the games.

Unlike TSW, like you said. They're two different types of movies, so comparing them would be silly. :3
 
Well dur you can't compare the movie to the game because they are two totally different things. One you got to play and the other you only get to sit and watch. Final Fantasy VII took the world by storm and people still love it! Obviously nothing is going to live up to it.
 
After watching advent children for a second and third time, I began to appreciate it. I bought the soundtrack and IT ROCKs it's so beautiful, just listen to the music and it stimulates the mood of the entire movie
 
The only 'movie' (read: anime series) that I've seen that gives justice to the game it represents is 'Star Ocean EX.' I thought that was excellent. :3 However, an actual film would be difficult because there's so much pressure on Hollywood from the theatres to cut-down on film times because they are loosing so much money. [Why go see a movie for $10-12 (+ popcorn/soda/candy/ICEE) when you can stay home and eat popcorn and have a Netflix sent to ya for like $3?!] So instead of making full-length movies of something awesome (like FFX) they instead opt for spin-offs of a game that already has enough spin-offs of its own. 3=' Oh well - ya can't win sometimes. It was still pretty good IMO.
 
I really liked this film, but took 2 or 3 times watching it to fully appreciate the DVD as a FF game. I think they done well converting the best FF game ever into a film but, in truth, they could have done better if they had the technology

I.T
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top