Aeris or Aerith?

Aeris or Aerith? Which do you use?

  • Aeris

    Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Aerith

    Votes: 8 27.6%

  • Total voters
    29
I first played FF7 something like 6/7 years ago... and I just heard of the name Aerith 2 or 3 years later...
 
I actually played the Japanese version first but after getting my own version (the European one) I have always named here Aeris. Aerith makes you sound like you've got a lisp :)
 
I call her whatever. But yes Aerith makes you sound like you have a lisp. Seriously, say it to yourself and listen carefully.
 
Aerith is the official name but Sony mis-translated it to "Aeris" in about 100,000 copies of FF7, some english copies still have "Aerith" as the default. (Mine included)
I prefer Aerith over Aeris anyway simply because Aerith is her proper name.
 
I somewhat perfer Aerith, because Aeris is the name of a goddess of Chaos (Greek or Roman or whatever--I'm not sure.)

However, I've always used the name Aeris...just because it's what I've always used when referring to her. :p
 
Aerith sounds pretty cool but i would have to go with Aeris
 
For quite a while it confused me, but as I leanred Japanese and what not I learned about the whole thing and stuck with Aerith. For some reason I like Aerith a lot more than Aries.
 
Well thats what confused me...I always said Aerith...but then Tifa started to say Aeris. lol So I thought I was completely wrong...Then she told me Aeris was wrong and I was like "Yeah I thought so." lol. But to tell you truth. I don't like the chick. So its rare that I ever bring her up.
 
aerith is nicer! it sounds prettier. though de pronounciations are all de same, in jap.
( cuz, from wat i heard, the -th is pronounced wit a S inside or smth so it sounds like Aeris =P)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top