AFterlife

Shinra Soldier 1

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
203
Age
38
Location
Chillicothe, Ohio
Website
www.angelfire.com
Occupation
Cashier-Community Markets
RPG Name
Shinra Elite Unit 1
One thing that keeps me believing there could be a god (i'm an agnostic) is the fact of where we go when we die. I've been thinking about it since I was a small child (hey, i'm an open minded guy!) and just can't see people sleeping forever, you wouldn't have dreams or anything. It's impossible to make the mind feel as if it just isn't there. I have come to teh conclusion that I think we fall asleep, in a way, then wake up in our new body with our newmind. Thent hat makes me afraid because I don't know if I want to lead another life, but if I don't remember my old one then how could I be afraid? They say birthmarks are signs of a past life injury, I think as we continue to resurrect in new bodies they will eventually disappear, then we will be in a state of nirvana. Okay I don't nkow what I think about that, but it's pretty neat sounding! So what do you think happens to us when we die?
 
You go where you want to go your soul's energy takes you where you belive.
 
In a ideal world everything the thread author said would be an ideal scenario. It would be cool if you went on existing and existing but i think we just cease to exist. I know that sucks.

Even if it was true that you kept on being reincarnated as something or someone what would happen when the earth ceases to exist in 6 billion years time?
 
I think that, though our bodies perish, our true selves live on. I DO believe that we all have souls--it doesn't make sense for us to be here if we were just going to eventually become rotting corpses, just, non-existant.

All I'm going to say is what I just said, and this; even if we do live on after our bodies are long gone, I can't say exactly WHERE we will be. If a person ever dies, and ever manages to somehow send the human race proof that there is a heaven or hell, the, well, great. But for now, I don't believe in it. =P
 
i think that we're riencarnated...i mean we cant jus die and thats it...eitha we r riencarnated or there is a place like heavan?? i duno
 
The only thing that puzzles me, is billions of people have died, and there's not one clue to where people go. Not one clue at all. That just astounds me.

There's a lot of alternatives, so I can't exactly say what happens to us when we die. We could go to heaven, we could be reincarnated in another body, or we just keep dreaming for eternity. Maybe we dream for eternity, until Jesus Christ raises again, and that gives truth to teh Bible. Or maybe we just lay there. I have no idea.

But it surprises me a lot that we don't know after all these years.
 
it wuld suprise me alot that wen we die, we jus cease to exist eva again...i mean, it cant jus end there can it?? i wuldnt wanna live or die knowing that its jus gonna stop...yeh sure fair enuf, ppl remember u after ur gone, but what happens wen they 4get?? just like freya's thing (dunno what its called) its better to die than to b 4gotten...or sumfin like that

it jus cant end there wen we lived such fulfilling lives and 4 it to mean nothing at all??
 
I have a friend who's an atheist that just thinks we quit existing, I don't like to get into arguments with him about things like that, it wouldn't help either of our cases, but he really just says there is no proof there is a good, then I say, there's no proof there isn't...
 
i wuld hate to get into an argment about that, coz really, untill we, we jus simply dont knoe the ansa to this question...but i like ur comebak...'theres no proof there isnt'...i bet he dusnt have a too flash comebak to it, coz once thats sed, there really is no proof of an existance or no existance after death, and to think that there isnt, is jus creepy to me
 
Doctor Faust said:
it doesn't make sense for us to be here if we were just going to eventually become rotting corpses, just, non-existant.
And does it make sense to live on forever?
 
It seems like a more reasonable idea than just laying there for the rest of your life, and being wiped off the face of exsistance.
 
I don't think so... If something is too long it loses its meaning, to me... Short and intense things for me (:
 
still...i jus dont think we jus stop existing...maybe theres another plane of existence that we go to wen we die, and are eventually re-encarnated or sumfin??
 
Hydra said:
The only thing that puzzles me, is billions of people have died, and there's not one clue to where people go. Not one clue at all. That just astounds me.

There's a lot of alternatives, so I can't exactly say what happens to us when we die. We could go to heaven, we could be reincarnated in another body, or we just keep dreaming for eternity. Maybe we dream for eternity, until Jesus Christ raises again, and that gives truth to teh Bible. Or maybe we just lay there. I have no idea.

But it surprises me a lot that we don't know after all these years.

Ha ha, well said. It's really surprising--so many people die every single day, you would think that maybe just one soul could send us signs of an afterlife, a place beyond earth.

I know that when I'm dead, all be sure to let everyone know what hangin' out after death is like. OH, and maybe send some real proof as well of any God or whatever's "up there." That is, if I actually end up there...
 
Shinra Soldier 1 said:
I don't like to get into arguments with him about things like that, it wouldn't help either of our cases


That pretty much sums it up - I could make a huge case about what I believe, but in the end you'll only believe what you want - or what you've been 'led' to believe at this point in your life. God works in mysterious ways - you've heard said, I'm sure. I believe that (He) does exist, that all of life, the world, and space points to a maker - that He's quietly working behind the scenes and in/through us everyday and in every way.

It blows my mind to try and comprehend 'free will.' My finite mind can't wrap around it. Especially when the bible says that some are 'predestined' for eternal life, while others are made for 'wrath.' I just take it as faith - that, and I've seen/felt His presence in my life and around me in different ways.

Just to reiterate: you'll believe what you're 'led' to believe. Its good that we have a lot of thinkers here - life would be pretty boring w/o free will - dont'cha think?!
 
Oh... and what makes me think you stop existing is that you are no more than a group of atoms. And your thoughts are actually neurotical impulses that won't go anywhere when you die...
 
Our minds aren't just atoms, Look at what you're doing, you're reading comprehending, thinking about things. We are more than atoms, we have an intense thinking process, that doesn't involve atoms, but our perceptions
 
I have a friend who's an atheist that just thinks we quit existing, I don't like to get into arguments with him about things like that, it wouldn't help either of our cases, but he really just says there is no proof there is a good, then I say, there's no proof there isn't...

I have a friend thats Christian, and two Atheist friends (Im Agnostic) and I love arguing about that kind of stuff!!!! She usually gets quiet when we go too far.... That uaually doesnt take long, lol.

I dont know. I think that, because there are so many different religions and beliefs, that we can choose where we wanna go. We dont say, "I wanna go to the Christian Heaven." But I do think that we affect this with our beliefs, which is how Hell keeps from getting crowded. lol If reincarnation is true, who, or what, were the first spirits, and how was the modern human body created, etc. I guess we'll never know.

MOD EDIT: Please notice the 'Edit' button on the bottom of your post next time, before double - posting. I've merged your posts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I say our spirit just becomes part of the energy of the universe. I don't really know and I don't suppose I really will until I die. So if im wrong about everything I guess "I will See you in Hell" Sorry random Aiden song moment.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top