Am I the onlyone here who loves anime?

Cloud101

The Dark Guardian
Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
609
Age
37
Location
Ramadi, Iraq
Occupation
Soldier
RPG Name
Soma
If you are as big an anime fan as me, please, let's talk about it,(any kind)!
 
Allrighty ^_^. Let's start with the beginning.
I watched animé at the age of six, while i didn't knew it was a perticular kind of cartoon. I could hardly understand it, but i do remember i enjoyed it alot.
My first animé:
dragonball.jpg

I always loved the whole Dragonball story, i haven't seen the first series since then , but i've bought the entire manga-comic-series by now. :D
Although Dragonball GT was kind of a downer :/. :D
 
Hey, you described my own experience!
The first anime series I watched (the best in history, of course XD) was Dragon Ball, and at the age of 6 as well.
I still can remember it as if it was yesterday... :p
I've seen lots of anime series, but Dragon Ball is the best one (in my point of view). I mean, it's really well drawn, battles are amazing, and the story is good too.
The last one I've been into, and which I've enjoyed a lot is Inuyasha(I don't know if it's the original name of the series, however it's main character's name)

PS: Did you know that there exists a Japanese legend about a monkey boy who flies with a magic cloud?
 
Last edited:
Wow, there's really a legend like that? ^^cool, Dragonball is based on something. :D
And as you can see by my avatar and sig, one of the latest animes i'm in is Hellsing (Alucard ownes :) ).
But really the latest animé i've been into, is Samurai Champloo. I know a lot of people that don't seem to like it, but i like the style (grand mixture of urban and classic samurai :rolleyes: ).
 
I'm not as into it anymore as I was in high school. Dragonball Z was one of the best, but Voltron was good too.
 
Avathar said:
Wow, there's really a legend like that? ^^cool, Dragonball is based on something. :D
And as you can see by my avatar and sig, one of the latest animes i'm in is Hellsing (Alucard ownes :) ).
But really the latest animé i've been into, is Samurai Champloo. I know a lot of people that don't seem to like it, but i like the style (grand mixture of urban and classic samurai :rolleyes: ).
Yes, Saiyuki, 'Journey to the West'. In Viz's DB manga, they have a comparison between these two. (Or maybe it's the Shonen Jump magazine, I dunno.) There's actually another series called Saiyuki, also based on the same tale.

I love how each chapter is called a 'Tale' xD Or maybe that's just the U.S. version, meh. Still, I like the first Dragonball the best, and DBGT not so much. :/

Yeah, I also enjoy Champloo, if only because they made Cowboy Bebop, one of my favorite anime.

My favorite anime-

1.) Paranoia Agent
2.) Cowboy Bebop
3.) Fullmetal Alchemist (although alot was changed from the manga.)
4.) Rurouni Kenshin
5.) Yu Yu Hakusho

Unfortunately, very few anime seem to stand out other than the 'OMG we're fighting' type, but who doesn't enjoy giant energy domes and exploding planets every now and again? ;)
 
Dragon Ball was my first anime too. I didn't know what anime was though. I just thought it was a funny cartoon. I still remember that when my mom made me go outside and get stuff from the garden (we had more time then and stuff actually grew), I imagined I could be like the people on Dragon Ball, and use martial arts to get all the beans faster. Too bad imagination doesn't work that well. I just got in trouble for wasting so much time.

Don't even get me started on playing Sailor Moon at recess! It's how I got my first detention -__-.
 
Don't think it immature, but my first was SailorMoon,(I was 7).
 
The second animé i watched was Techno Man. :eek: An AMAZING story, and awesome characters. :D I remember quite a lot of it, but i haven't seen it since i was 7-8 years old.... and i think that was the first cartoon i've seen in English. :) (While Dragonball was in French^^)
 
Wow everybody is alot older than me exept my fellow Holy Knight, Zerlina. My second was DragonBall.
 
Well, in my point of view, anime nowadays has nothing to do with anime some years ago. I mean, I can't compare series such as Dragon Ball or Dr.Slump with Pokemon or 'Yu-Gi-Oh'(is it written this way?)
Haven't you ever seen Mucleman?(or Kinnikuman in Japanese)
It was one of my favourites. As I child, I used to see this one and Dragon Ball the most.
Cowboy Beebop is a nice one too, the last episode made me feel...things :p
 
I guess I would consider myself a fairly big Anime fan. I tend to be rather selective about what I watch (usually only Mecha, Romance or Comedy) but I usually rave on about anything I deem decent for months after I've watched it.

First anime I watched was Sailor Moon when I was about 8. My favorite would easily be Neon Genesis Evangelion (Not a very original choice, but there is a reason why everyone names this as the best...), although honorable mention would go to His and Her Circumstances, despite the terribly anti-climactic ending.

In general, I tend to watch anime subbed when I can, but unlike a large proportion of anime fans (who tend to be elitist pricks on this issue IMO) I'm not adverse to watching anime dubbed. I’ve actually been known to enjoyed the English Voice acting in series like Cowboy Bebop and His and Her Circumstances far more than the original Japanese.
 
I actually only recently got into Anime properly (probably about a year ago *shrugs*), so i suppose I'm not at liberty to say that I'm a real anime-fanatic, but it still ROCKS!! I love Comedy. I've recently been looking for Fushigi Yuugi (anime version), but i can't find it anywhere in English. I have a feeling they haven't done it in english yet. I wish they would. *sniff*
 
Oh yeah, don't forget to wish my friend, Capitan Blue, a warm welcome, he goes to school with me!
 
Has any one seen the anime series, Negima? I like it alot and was wondering if you agree.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top