Arcade

Catalyst

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
281
Age
38
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Website
www.myspace.com
RPG Name
Catalyst
This is only a small request, and if it doesn't happen then that is perfectly fine. I would just like to suggest an addition of an arcade - unless there is one already that I have missed.

I've seen arcades on the majority of the forums I've browsed / been a part of, but again, it's just a suggestion.
 
The owner of this site has another site dedicated to an arcade. The link is in my sig if you are interested in taking a look :).
 
Well, I did run the idea of a merger of the two boards past Shaggy once, but I don't think he was too keen on the idea :p.

I have no objections to a small arcade on this site if the boss is ok with the idea.
 
I don't like it...Final Fantasy Network was made for a reason, why be here if you're intrested in something else...
 
I don't think a small arcade with 10 or 20 games in it would hurt this place, or take away from what it is about. It would just give members something else to do while visiting, and promote some extra challenges.

The more I think about the idea, the more I like it. Will definetly talk to Shaggy about this next time I see him online on MSN.
 
Actually from (I'll say this straight out) every forum that I've gone to that has an arcade, there were barely any arcade-related threads. Of course there are in the beginning, but then everything can just be sent through private messages. The forums also have a subforum dedicated to it - but really, I don't think there's any worry for that.

Again, it was just an idea because I see it everywhere else I go, so why not pass it on?

And to Squall Lionheart: I came here because I felt the need to be in a Final Fantasy based community. I really miss the one that I used to be in, so I looked around, and I decided to join here. The arcade again, is just an idea - no more, no less.
 
...Don't take it personnaly when I say something...

Knowing that everything changes, but it's not necessarily to the best...
I dislike the idea because I believe it will make the Network even more general and less related to Final Fantasy and that's aside from the "Spamtastic" big mistake...

On top of that, there is already a place to talk about any games and a ranking for members (leaderboard) as well...

Arkacia, I'm just hoping you don't actually mean that much (10 or 20) if you're installing any at all...
 
Last edited:
Squall, on Shaggy's arcade site, he has nearly 200 games with plenty more to come, on my own site I have 40 with more to come, and that one isn't an arcade forum either.

10 or 20 is a drop in the bucket, and won't take away from this site. If a small arcade keeps users around and interested, then that has to be a good thing.

I don't consider spamtastic a 'mistake'. In fact, it is very populour. Not all people are here because they are FF fanatics. Some may have been drawn in by that, but the community quickly became more important to them than the games. I am one of those people. Members join for many different reasons, and we need to cater to everyone. This site will never lose its focus on FF, but it will lose members if we try making it FF pure.
 
Arkacia said:
I don't consider spamtastic a 'mistake'. In fact, it is very populour. Not all people are here because they are FF fans.

That's why I dislike it...
It's the just the way I see it...
 
and that is fair enough.

I do understand the feelings from some members that FFnet seems to be moving away from the games, and that is one of the main reasons the new info forum is up. That gives those members who do wish to focus on FF the chance to do something more involving the games than just posting opinions in discussion threads. I'm also hoping that the original reference info we gather there can eventually be used by Shaggy when he gets a main site page up, which again will work to reinforce the FF focus of the site.
 
I just wish I had my consoles here but the situation and place I live in right now prevents me from playing as often because my aunt watches the only TV here, and the place isn't that clean nor spacious so I'm stuck with handhelds and the net.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top