are it normal whit lvl 99 chars?

I'm not understanding. Was Celes at level 99? Did you do the Lete River trick? Because the level of your characters does determine the levels of new recruits. (Don't know exactly what determines what.)
 
It'd take a long time to level up to 99, but it's certainly possible, even at earlier areas. The reason his characters started out at high levels when he recruited them is because the characters you recruit (and get back at certain areas of the game) have starting levels dependant on the levels of your characters when you recruit them. So, with everyone at 99, the new characters you recieve will also be at level 99 (I think it's the average of all your characters' levels).

Well, I'm certainly not going to try it out any time soon. Dinosaur Forest is enough for me, if I wanted to level up in FFVI. :p
 
only problem with someone levelling up that early in the game is it ruins your chance to stat increase your characters bonus at level up.

I usually wait til I have everyone in my party then I have one member battling all the monsters on their own in dinosaur forest.

You wanna see how much exp you get, absolutely tonnes of it. After a few days I had everyone on levle 99 with magic stats of 130+
 
dappa said:
After a few days I had everyone on levle 99 with magic stats of 130+

130? Why so much? Is that with equip bonuses? 130 is way more that enough to do 9999 damage on the final bosses. Just curious.
 
Drake said:
130? Why so much? Is that with equip bonuses? 130 is way more that enough to do 9999 damage on the final bosses. Just curious.

I did it just out of curiosity to see how much I can get a level 1 spell to do damage wise. Which was roughly 2000hp damage unless the enemy was weak against the spell in question, in which case the damage doubled.

Next time I am gonna spread out my equip bonuses cause that high a magic stat causes just about every level 2 spell to hit for nearly 9999hp damage so high level magic is pratically useless anyway.

It does have its use though. If everyone is equipping a item which absorbs fire spells to your hp then the merton spell will damage your enemies and heal you party members for nearly 9999hp (totally useless if you are fighting a fire enemy though).
 
i have seen pictures of people fighting vargas at level 99 so its not that hard
 
....not without cheating they didn't. :p Lvl 99 at Vargas would take H.O.U.R.S... and hours of leveling. This is because the best exp. you can get that soon in the game is only a few hundred exp a piece on Mt. Koltz. When you figure in that - to get to lvl 99 - takes about 300K exp......>_> That's a LONG friggin time!

Game genie/shark, code breakers to the rescue!!! :p
 
Them game genie or action replay codes which manipulted numbers where so easy to do in the early nineties.

That ammount of levelling that early in the game is insane
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top