Ball Room Cut Scene

blackstar

Headbanger For Life
Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,578
Age
35
Location
TN
Occupation
Metalhead/Lover/student in that order
RPG Name
Marwyn The Blackstar
I think the ball room dance scene in ff8 is the greatest animated scene in a game of all time. :) There is so much emotion shown but with no words it doesnt need them adding words would be a travisty.I remember the first time I saw it, it is the first game scene I acctually remember taking note of and likeing to so much It looks soo amazing what does every one else think?
 
Yes, that scene is a big pile of great animation and work, but don't forget about the last cutscene. You know, the ending scene. That one has much more people, is much longer, has much more images, locations, memories, art, etc...
 
The first time I saw Rinoa is a memory I'll never forget...I wasn't expecting anything intresting to happen at the graduation night...
 
I beleive I can sum up what we are all thinking. FF8s' cut scene's kicked ass!!!
 
^They kicked ass indeed. My favorite cutscene was, actually, the hilarious scene filmed by Selphie & Irvine during the end. And when Rinoa and Squall kissed..Heh, that really surprised me. XDDD
 
And after going to my first dance I laugh even harder.
 
i cried at the ending!
and the dance seen was AWESOME!
i wish my school dances could be like that!
 
FF8 was pretty awesome with it's whole love storyling. The scenes were amazing between Squall and Rinoa, all 45094 of them. ;P

It's definantly cool how Rinoa changed him into a not-too-lone-wolf kind of guy - which happens a lot with movies, and whatever.

Anyways, yes, agreed.. the ballroom scene was great. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all lol'd out. said:
It's definantly cool how Rinoa changed him into a not-too-lone-wolf kind of guy - which happens a lot with movies, and whatever.

Anyways, yes, agreed.. the ballroom scene was great. :)

Yeah the ballroom scene was one of my favourites, I'd always save just before it and watch it and then advance in the game without saving so that the next time I played I could watch it again lol!

See how FFVIII and FFVII are linked, coz Cloud was known as the lone wolf and so was Squall! hehe
 
yeh but u could see what squall was thinkin all the time (unlike cloud) which made a HUGE improvement throught the whole storyline of 8 over 7
 
John Smith said:
Yes, that scene is a big pile of great animation and work, but don't forget about the last cutscene. You know, the ending scene. That one has much more people, is much longer, has much more images, locations, memories, art, etc...

Agreed.

And, I don't think it was needed to see Cloud thoughts... you could wonder what he was thinking by his moves/expressions... which was also good. Squall was somehow less expressive in that way...
 
I'm not that big on FFVIII, but I gotta admit, normal ballroom dancing and the great score ("Waltz for the Moon," IIRC) really makes it memorable, probably moreso than some of the other scenes. It's one of those times when the kinda stiff tone of the game really helps accentuate the formality of the situation.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top