so then what was everybodys strategy to beat the F*****G battle arena. It took some doing but once you work out the best method then its just time consumingly boring?
Equip the ribbon accessory as it renders most of the status's given by the slot machine useless unless it stops on "accessory broken"
Lots of counter materia is quite helpful.
You could go for maximum stats for cloud and then deliberately choose all the worst status's from the slot machine "all materia broken" is the best one to deliberately choose. The reason for this is you get massive battle points and the sooner you get omnislash the better I say.
I waited for a while until Cloud leveled-up (for my own sanity) and got some better materia. Equiped a Ribbon and did what Dappa suggested. I usually got Omnislash, and several/most of the other items w/i a half-hour or so.
DON'T USE A GAMESHARK! That sucks, i did it and had a ton of horrible status ailments, could only inflict 1 damage, and couldn't die, and I didn't save before entering, a very bad situation.
ahahahahh!!! sucked in aye!!! i jus fight and always end out on top...ive neva lost one b4...im jus battle smart...i dont stratagies, i think of them as i go...thats y i can call myself a tru RPG'er
im not power-leveled though...about mid 70's which is bout right for at the end of the game...then again, i have dun everything in the game except got through that forest that looks like jelly ion the outside lol...ive gotte all ultimate weapons and limit breaks, and kinda missed a cpl things while playing, but that dun bother me too much
All I can say is RIBBON. And press the square button franticly wile shoosing status effects in the slot machine. That will slow it down a little, making it easier to get what you want.