Best GF ever.....

Which GF would you junction........

  • Griever

    Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Bahamut

    Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Eden

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Odin

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Diablos

    Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Ifrit

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Phoenix

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Leviathan

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quezacotl

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiva

    Votes: 2 4.3%

  • Total voters
    47
As well as learning new abilities, Commands, and using the GF itself to damage your opponents...
 
depends
i go with Odin- i like the fact its either death or nothing
second- eden: massive damage
Cerebus- casting three spells at a time is sweeeeeet
and diablos- gravity rules... except when your falling
 
On the list I like diablos best, reminds me of Vince's chaos limit break in FF VII, which I thought was cool. Not the main reason since I liked Diablos before playing FF VII.

My most used GF in play is Doomtrain. Very helpful, not to mention Dark Tower-esque.
 
It's gotta be behamut, he looks so cool...
 
I can't imagine the unlimited capabilities of Griever if I could junction him...Didn't you see what Ultimicia was able to do with him!!!!
 
My fave was Eden. I once junctioned it to zell and spent a week trying to gett it to max compatibility and level 99. I used it on griever and it took him out with two summons. So it was doing roughly 60000 a hit.
 
Not to brag but I think I've done more damaga with eden then that, but it wasn't to Griever but to another MUUUUUUCH weaker monster!!!
 
I havent played this in a long time but I've always like Bahamut.
 
I knew some of the other FF wakos couldn't help themselves to stay away from here which is why I put GF Phoenix...and my doubts were right...

How would they like it if I spoil whatever they make...

Maybe GF Bahamut is the most chosen but I'm very sure he was chosen for the wrong reasons in some cases...
 
Bahamut. GFs are almost complete useless to use offensively (like pretty much every other non-limit attack due to FFVIII's horribly unbalanced battle system), so it really just comes down to abilities. Bahamut's Abilityx4, Strength +60%, Auto-Protect and Forbid Mag-RF pretty much make him the best choice.
 
............

Not to change the subject, but you're very wrong calling the Battle System "unbalanced"...Guardian Forces have many uses other than their abilities...

In the beginning GFs are the best option to use against your enemies and cause tremendous damage to enemies...double the dealt damage in case of using the right element as well as status change in some cases...

For example after reaching high levels and depending on physical attacks, some GFs are still good advantage not only for their abilities (Command, Menu, Character, Party, etc...) but for their use themselves i.e. GF Odin, Gilgamesh, Eden, Phoenix, Cerberus, Carbuncle, Doomtrain etc...

Even with good physical attacks, summoning any GF can be useful...
For example a highly compatible GF can deal equal or more damage than a physical attack ( Very effective against enemies with high Vitality Stat ) depending on the GF's boost...also summoning that GF won't take any time and the GF protects the summoning party member with its HP during that time...

Make sure you don't underestimate your GFs

The Battle System is anything but unbalanced...if you depend only on Limit Breaks then you're the unbalanced one...
Limit Breaks are for critical situations not for every battle...

To stay on subject I already said that I chose Griever...
 
GF attacks are obsolete pretty much from the word go, due to the nature of the junctioning system and the ease in which limit breaks can be obtained. Even without junctions to strength, Squall can cause more damage with a single renzokuken at the beginning of the game than any GF and as long as you keep him on low HP, he can use it every turn. Factor in Squall with 100 fires (an easily obtainable spell from the word go) junctioned to strength and Squall can defeat the first few bosses with one or two limit breaks. As soon as you have learned the magic refineries (all of the basic ones being easy to learn for a mere 30 AP) you gain access to a host of high level magic that boosts Squall’s attack power to insane proportions. You can easily boost Squalls attack power high enough to cause around 1000 damage per hit with Renzokuken on disk one through firaga’s and various percentage boosts, not only making the game incredibly easy from the beginning but also ensuring that Limit Breaks are more or less the only form of attacks you will ever use. The only remotely useful GFs are those that cast positive status’, and even then I never felt the need to use them because magic does a pitiful amount of damage in FFVIII, and defensive magic was never necessary because I had insanely high HP (due to refining Tents for Curagas via Siren’s Life refinery) and I killed pretty much every boss besides a few at the end in less than 3 minutes.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top