Brand New and "Used"

FFnut

Dragoon
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
436
Age
36
Location
The space between dimensions... kinda like where G
Occupation
Commander Of The Platinum Dragons
RPG Name
Shadowblade Siannodel
GameStop has officially become my favorite gaming store. In addition to selling me Drakengard (see the thread in "Other Games" about that) I went there yesterday to buy this game, used, just so I could make myself like it.

I swear they took it out of its original wrapping and just stuck a "Used" sticker on it.

The game came perfectly - the manual was inside (rare for used games) and none of the discs were even remotely scratched. There was a small, miniscule crack on the front of the case (I've done worse to my FF8 and Tactics cases) and they sold it for $17.99 in the "Used" bin.

I'm enjoying the game a lot more this time around - it's still not my favorite, but I don't find it as horrible as I once did.

Also, I figure I may as well plug the Crystal World RPG here, too (as if you guys haven't seen it enough in Zerlina's sig):



Just click on the image. That's right.
 
I like it, i should play it again, although i really should play all the FF's again.
 
FFnut said:
GameStop has officially become my favorite gaming store

I bought it and the 2nd disc didn't work. I was so mad. It was the part when Dagger, Steiner, and Marcus were on the train, got out to fight the boss then it froze, didn't even play the boss theme.
 
heh. my disc one wont go past the part where vivi talks to the rat kid. (it goes black and just stops, but the music still plays to spite me... :mad: :p )

i borrowed my friends game to play a new game, thought of switching our disc ones :D but his is the greatest hits, and doesnt have the characters faces on each disc, so hed know... *sigh*

ill get a new one someday...maybe even at the store in question! :)
 
I have a theory that there are the odd dodgy disks for final fantasy nine when square first shipped them out, cause I've seen copies that other people have where there are problems with certain disks namely being the fmvs.

My copy is in perfect condition but the end movie of disk 3 always plays up and sometimes disk one plays up a little too.
 
This thread was created in March of 2005.

And yeah Dagga, I don't think it's unique to FFIX, but to most used games in general. I believe there's always a risk of that in any used game, for example my copy of Valkyrie Profile will always freeze whenever I try entering a specific dungeon.
 
I miss playing FF9 sometimes. My disc 2 won't go past the part where you're trying to Rescue Garnet from Zorn & Thorn.

Then again, all the discs played somewhat badly...even when they were brand new. XP

But I'm sure Gamestop might have a good copy or something. They're a good store :D
 
Doctor Faust said:
I miss playing FF9 sometimes. My disc 2 won't go past the part where you're trying to Rescue Garnet from Zorn & Thorn.

Then again, all the discs played somewhat badly...even when they were brand new. XP

:D

yeah I have final fantasies 1 to 10 and they are all brand new copies with no scratches on them ( i would never let them get scratches on them as they are my babies)

but final fantasy 9 is the only one which has the odd problem or two, strange or what.
 
I haven't yet completed my collection (missing VIII.) Oh well.

But back on topic...

I remember having problems with VIII (although the discs were new) - when the battle at the garden FMV came on the game would freeze...I later realized that I needed a newer PS. Once I got that out of the way, it played fine. (Not sure this would matter with a PS2.)
 
I borrowed completed it and now i want it but im not gonna pay £20 pound for a game of that age and calibur its the cheapest i can find
 
I payed 20 quid for my copy of ff9 brand new. I ordered it from virgin megastores.

A lot of the gamestation stores in the uk are flogging this game second hand for 20-30 quid now.
 
Last edited:
its unbelievable its almost as if it has became a collectable even though it is there to be played
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top