Can someone help me?

Kat

k i t t y .
Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
11,038
Location
Oh, I'm in your room..under your bed, haha <3
Occupation
I'm an expert on myself... sorta :D
RPG Name
Rikkulesca
Well i was doing some hunts,and i came across one called" The Gil Snapper" but i can't find it.
the Clam Primer says its found in the Giza Plains during the rains but i've been every where i and i still can't find it.
Any one know how or where to find it?
:( {~Kat~}
 
I think this is the one where you fight with the Seeq I believe. Have you spoken to the petittioneer for the hunt/ She will say it's located on the island where it rains the hardest, to get there you must cut down a number of trees, excuse for not being elaborate, but once you do, you will gain acess to the area where it is. The Seeq will join your party as a guest, but there will be other tortoises there not the Gil Snapper to make him appear leave and re-enter.

I hope that helped. :)
 
You SHOULD be able to cut down the withered trees, if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and be sure you're at least level thirty five, or higher? It might be a bit tough not being at that level.
 
Welcome back Hydra! We...ok, I missed ya :D

The withered trees are around the different parts of the area. When you enter Giza Plains from Rabanastre, the first one is in the next screen to the character's left. Head back towards the village and there will be another one just before you enter the screen where the village is. Then next is in the village. Another in the very next screen (around the corner, I think... There's another before you get to where the Werewolves were (during the dry) and one last one in the crystal glade (where you first learned about powering up the sunstones...ah, Chrono Trigger memories... Once you slash the last tree you will hear a chime indicating that the next screen (beyond the Crystal Glade) will have all the trees needed to build a bridge. :D Good luck!
 
Nope...he will join you automatically if the Tortise is in the area... sounds like you either need to accept the hunt by talking with the woman in the crystal glade and get the magic urn...during the wet season, or perhaps complete the Ring in the Rain Hunt from prior to that mark.
 
I may be a bit off-topic here, but I had trouble with this hunt because every time I go to Giza plains, it NEVER rains.

Does anyone know how to make it rain, or at least know why it won't rain?
 
Doctor Faust said:
I may be a bit off-topic here, but I had trouble with this hunt because every time I go to Giza plains, it NEVER rains.

Does anyone know how to make it rain, or at least know why it won't rain?


As you progress through the storyline - and after you pass the Pharos - it changes. For example: It WILL NOT rain until you progress and get to the point where your mission is to go south of the Giza plaines to Golmore Villiage (after the key events that net you the Dawn Shard.) After that, it will not stop raining till you get to a later point in the story.


Finally, at a late point in the game, it will rain/not rain depending on how long you play and side quests that you do (I think.)
 
Can Someone Please Help Me?i Recently Moved From England To The Czech Republic,at The Moment I Dont Have A Clue Where Any Computer Game Shops Are.i Live Outside Of Lovocice And Am Desperate To Find The Ffxii Game Please Help.
 
Dang... I just played through this part again and can shed more light on the dumb tortoise :p

1. Accept the hunt.

2. Find the chick and kid in the crystal glade.

3. (Here is the tricky part) Follow the directions I gave in post # 5... then you will be able to enter the area where the Gil Snapper is. It only appears when it rains the hardest (as the chick and kid tell j00) 0_0 So to make it appear this time, I had to run back and forth, from that area, back to one screen BEFORE the Crystal Glade, back to where the Gil Snapper is....like 5-6 times. This changed the weather enuf where it was raining hard.

4. Hand the Gil Snapper his @$$... = o

5. Drink a cold one...congrats.
 
reasoniamalive said:
As you progress through the storyline - and after you pass the Pharos - it changes. For example: It WILL NOT rain until you progress and get to the point where your mission is to go south of the Giza plaines to Golmore Villiage (after the key events that net you the Dawn Shard.) After that, it will not stop raining till you get to a later point in the story.


Finally, at a late point in the game, it will rain/not rain depending on how long you play and side quests that you do (I think.)
Sometimes it just randomly rains. I'm at the Phon Coast (and severely underleveled Dx (I think?)) and It rains for 1/2 an hour (unless I'm in the Giza Plains) and is Dry for 1/2 an hour. *nodnod* Who knows. xD
 
The whole it rains and stops raining every half-hour doesn't seem to work for me...to me it just seems to rain at random intervals. However, you can usually tell if it's going to rain because it will get cloudy. Though sometimes, it will get cloudy, but then it'll be sunny again without it raining at all...so even after what everyone else has said, I don't know. XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top