Capturing fiends in FFX

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
Ok, so I've started my 'perfect save' game and I'm wondering if anyone has any strategies (general or specific) to capture fiends in a relatively short amount of time - I've got the US version.

Right now, I'm at the sunken cave trying to capture those elusive tonberrys. I think I played about 2 hours, caught 2 tonberrys and filled up my inventory of armors w/useless crap before I caught the second one. What the hell...whoever thought of making them a 1/99 chance rate of encounter should be shot!

So...any pointers?
 
I roamed around the place from The Save Point to The Chamber Of The Fayth.

Found an array of Magic Pots and Tonberries there.
 
lol, but it's totally random. I found him in various places in the dungeon. :D

And Dark, how are you supposed to waste away his HP?

I used Auron, Tidus, and Yuna. Auron and Tidus for the attacking, and Yuna for the revives. :P
 
I think he's talking about Master Tonberrys - they are found in Omega Ruins. I just have capture on every attacker in my party - that way I just knock around the baddies till they go to that big pen in the plains :D
 
Break Dmg on my Hunter wep whooped the fiends, and it jus takes forever to fight them...i would like to add that magic pots are poop :|
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top