Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge(s)

Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Zeromus_X said:
Ah, good job Avathar! :) I've been wanting to do this for awhile. But then my friend started a new game and erased my save before Ultima Weapon. Yay. Oh well...:/

Zeromus_X said:
Edit: And Avathar, you can already mop the floor with Kefka's Tower at those levels. :p

^^Teehee, thanks for the support!

Zeromus_X said:
Of course, nothing compares to this masochistic challenge...

Ehm, could you tell me what the challenge is. :/ I got banned from that site a long time ago.
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

I thought you could still just browse the site but you couldn't log in? Banned members have made new accounts before...meh. But yes, 'low-level, natural magic' challenge. It's nik0tine's most insane challenge yet. I'm rooting for him. He's stuck on the Imperial Air Force now, the toughest part of the challenge.

Ultima Weapon is Atma's Japanese name. They couldn't fit 'Ultima' into the text box, so 'Atma' was the only other way to go. This means FFVI had the first Ultima Weapon (s).
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Well, let's see how far I've gotten:


By now Setzer, Edgar and Celes are all level 99. Practically invincible, but still, the only harsh encounters are: quick instant death spells. -_- And forgotten to cast Life3 in time.

Right now I've already saved at the save point that appears after beating Atma with Edgar (and oh boy, that was mighty easy =D ).
But right after I saved, I encountered one of those Retainer samurai enemies, and when you kill them, they do one last spell: TradeOff. -_- Which is that instant death spell. Meh. Just something for a new reminder. :p

For the rest, Celes was just in time for beating Scullions, 'cause they cast doom, and it was like, three times an attack of 10.000 damage, right in time before she was about to die. o.o''''
And Setzer just has to take in the irritating damage from the ninja foes. :p But so far so good, I guess.
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Equip anything and everything that increases your 'MBlock %'.

I assume you know how to power level spells and levels, in this game. :p
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

The few level spells that I use are already 9999 damage worthy, so no worries there:


Update:

Continueing through Kefka's Tower, most bosses are really easy. The Dragons left to kill were done in a hurry. Oh, hurray, got Crusader, even though I'm not gonna use him. :p

Then coming to the big bossas:

Celes vs. Guardian: The fight took longer than expected, which made it feel challenging. ^-^

IMGP1299.jpg

IMGP1300.jpg


Setzer vs. Doom: Just going mad with Ultima.

IMGP1301.jpg

(crappy pictures, but meh, I felt like taking them :P )
IMGP1302.jpg


Edgar vs. Goddess: Realized that some of the Tools do 9999 damage. ^-^

Now, Celes vs. Poltergeist: that s.o.b. casted Stop and then some sort of ball damage that does instant death. -_- :p meh.

But, it advances surprisingly well. I can't wait to (well, kick Poltergeist's ass) go further on to the 'tier tree', or whatever it was actually called. =)
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Zeromus_X said:
Make it a real challenge by doing a low level, CES challenge. ;)

But yeah, good job. :)

^^'

Alrighty, when I'll feel like playing FFVI again, after finishing this game,

which level would you suggest to start at for the low-level CES challenge? ^^
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Most people that do them try to finish the game with levels close to the characters' initial levels.

Good luck. :)

You NEED MBlock stuff if you want to try that.
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Oh my, I just noticed there's going to be something different to the ending if you actually do the CES challenge. =) Nice! ^^

o.o Well, let me see for the later challenge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Section #1- Rules & Advice of the Challenge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-----
Rules
-----

1) I?ve stated this before but let me reiterate- You cannot get any
non-mandatory characters. This means that they cannot be selected in the
character select screen in the World of Ruin (WoR). Only Celes, Edgar, and
Setzer are permitted.

2) However, this does not mean that you can?t make CONTACT with others
characters. Just be sure that this contact does not bring him/her into the
party.

3) All of these rules apply only in the WoR. You can play however you like in
the World of Balance (WoB).

------
Advice
------

1) Attempt this challenge only once you have completed the game normally at
least once, not so much because of difficulty as of spoilers, which I won't
even try to avoid.

2) Take advantage of level up bonuses with espers, learn all the magic you
can, and get espers and better equipment as soon as possible. Obvious stuff
really; I just felt the urge to make note of it. >_>

3) Due to this challenge's easiness and all, I advise (as in, won't recognize
you as having completed the challenge unless you do this) you to avoid the
following:
a) Echo Screen -> Joker Doom
b) Vanish -> Break/Doom/X-Zone/etc. (minus specific exceptions I've marked,
for good reason)
c) Flame Shields on all -> Merton-spamming
d) 128 MBlock%
e) Over-leveling :P Lv.30-40 is fine. Lv.20ish for the extreme. ;)
f) Save-stating in-battle. I'm fine with save-stating and all, but 1) Doing
it in-battle is kinda cheap and 2) The former would be understandable if
this challenge were much, much harder, but it's not. You don't need to
save-state "in media res", so don't.
g) You don't have to do this one, but starting from the Floating Continent
isn't a bad idea. >_>

^___^;;;

Thanks for putting the link up, Zero, this shall aid me >.>
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

ummmmm........ok i dont quite really know why but im gunna reply. gd job with the whole fight with 3 characters thing so far. ummm question tho..........wat about kefka??.....there are many different attacks tht the stupid thing before kefka do (magic,tools,hit etc those enemys) they can kill......shouldnt really be a problem coz im sure uve thought most this out already but still thought i should say summit......
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

You can kill the Tools with Doom. Magic (the crucified chick I think) can be Silenced, so that just leaves the others. Use Golem or something. For Sleep, one person will die, because you don't have Life 3 (Calmness), so two people get to fight Kefka. You'll need some good equipment for that.

But really, they aren't that hard at obscene levels w/stat boosts anyway. :p
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

i hadnt thought of tht.....my bad. thnks for clearing tht up. i was thinking mainky though about if they do kill one of ur characters (which thinking about i cant really see happening) u wont have life 2 to fuly revive them. which would make it a little bit more challeging. i tried getting through the whole game so tht when a character was "killed" it would mean i wouldnt be able to use tht character again obviously it didnt work in the world of balance due to the splitting bit to get back to narshe, but from past there it was ok and i did it :) not tht hard just for fun :D:D:D
 
Re: Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Well, I must inform, Zeromus: The only characters I did obtain in the World of Ruin were Celes, Setzer, Edgar, and Locke. -__- I just wanted four people, and, although after going to Narshe (and having Phoenix and Ultima :p I know..), I never used Locke again. So yeah, it's not the real challenge that I've done now, with the high-leveling I did in Dinosaur Forest and all. >.>

Well, to continue:

Poltergeist, now updating MBlock, was mighty easy, as well as the tiers and Kefka himself was no challenge at all.

:D

This time it was just to see if Kefka's Tower is really that easy if you're leveled to the max. And yes it is. ^^;;; I had fun, though!

The real challenge is still waiting for me >.>...
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top