Character names.

Arkacia

Paladin
Member
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
805
Age
62
Location
Australia
Website
cresmoon.com
Occupation
Cat Wrangler
RPG Name
Sasami
A post I've just done in another thread made me think of asking this.

One of the things I love about this game is the ability to change the names of all the characters. I do change them every game, but always use the same set of new names and now find it hard sometimes to remember their real ones :D.

I was wondering who uses the original names and who changes them, and if you do change do you always use the same set? If so share them :).

My set is....

Cloud - Tarin
Barret - Garron
Tifa - Saria
Aeris - Kari
Red XIII - Neko
Cait Sith - Barnham
Cid - Ranger
Yuffie - Marissa
Vincent - Jamison
 
Last time i played i think i changed their names but i didnt remember to wut. Next time i play tho i think ill keep the OG names.
 
I first played FFVII a few years ago and I kept the original character names (I only got to Corel Prison). So I made a new file and named them...

Cloud- Demetrius
Barret- Oberon
Tifa- Helena
Yuffie- Viola
Aeris- Hermia
Red XIII- Egeus
Vincent- Pyramus
Cait Sith- Puck
Cid- Lysander

If you wonder why Yuffie's name doesn't quite fit, it's because the only name I could think of from there that would fit her was Peaceblossom. But it didn't fit.
 
I only changed the names twice. When I played my first RPG (Legend of Legaia), and the main character's name in FFT.
 
Wezzy said:
What makes me think you like Shakespeare? Helena, Demetrius, Oberon, Lysander, Pyramuis and Puck? they are all charaters from "A Midsummer Nights dream, am i right?

Yep ;) And Viola's from twelfth night.
 
This is my set:

Cloud-Adam
Barret-Barret
Tifa-Jeanette
Aeris-Alex
Red 13-Red 13
Cid-Eric
Yuffie-Stacy
Cait Sith-Cait Sith
Vincent-Matt
 
Last edited:
you this insane to change its names.I liked the names original.I do not change of way some.
 
I don't often change the character's original name. Though sometimes I change them the second time through the game.
 
my set:

Cloud: Hollywood
Barrett: JohnCoffee
Tifa: tits mcgee
Aeries: Elizabeth
Red: Barkwell
Cid: Willis
Yuffie: Yucky
Vincient: RicoSuave
Cait Sith: Huggies
 
Anyone finding the game boring? I've got some name-related fun for you. Try renaming everyone the following:

Cloud: Tifa
Barret: Cloud
Tifa: Aeris
Aeris: Cait Sith
Red XIII: Vincent
Cait Sith: Yuffie
Vincent: Cid
Cid: Barret
Yuffie: Red XIII
 
Well if your after confusion, try doin this, although its hurts the brain, its absolutley hilarious: Call EVERY character 'Sephiroth', i assure you, if you only play the game to the point of Actually going AFTER Sephiroth, his name will get mentioned alot and its just basically funny. i havnt played all the way through like this though. i suggest giving it a shot for a good laugh.
 
i like naming them characters from my favorite animes. like this:
Cloud-Spike
Barret- Jet
Tifa- Faye
Aeris-Julia
Red-Ein
Yuffie-Judy
Vincent-Edward
Cait Sith- Punch
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top