Character names.

I'v only changed the name of one character ever, that was Red XIII, I changed it to his real name the second tima I played, Nanaki
 
I never changed their names...I liked the way they were, and my brothet also changed only the name of Red XIII for Nanaki, the second time he played.
 
Sometimes I give them names of people I know either nicknames or thier real names and have them go on an adventure.
 
Luis said:
I never changed their names...I liked the way they were, and my brothet also changed only the name of Red XIII for Nanaki, the second time he played.

If that happens, when your characters get to Cosmo Canyon, they're effectively learning that Nanaki's name is Nanaki. Pretty funny if you ask me.
 
Yeah.

Cloud: "Who's Nanaki?"

Hellooo, you've been calling him Nanaki the whole game so far! :)
 
Maybe that takes a specific sense of humor, but I don't find that funny. More a little stupid, but that's me.
 
ive neva changed the names, n if i ever did, n ive seen ma m8s which have it loses the experience n enjoyment of the names so i go wiv da OGz :D
 
Well I'm not a mind but i dont change names beside this one game, and I'm going to make a new game and this is going to be the set
Cloud-Omnicloud
Barret-Crossarm
Tifa-Fay
Aeris-Rien ``pronounced rain'
Red XIII-Nanaki
Cid-Trustole
Vincent-Gigas
Yuffie-Yuffigal
Cait Sith-Freak

Well I do like all the names besides Rein, well thats it
And i havent done this game yet, but only once I changed only Cait Sith's name to MoogleCat!?!?!!?!? pesh......


I like Omnicloud
its a cool name for cloud, its supposed to be trance for cloud, oh, yeah this is my second set
Cloud-Tetrascore
Barret-Devickz
Tifa-Fei
Aeris-Bondie
Yuffie-Yuffigal
Vincent-Enhergiez
Cid-Devaqltz
Red XIII-Firehole
Cait Sith-Kittykitkat

And my third set
Cloud-Bombing
Barret-Firecore
Aeris-Rei
Tifa-Fei
Yuffie-Yei
Cait Sith-Mogertanev(Moggerthanever)
Vincent-Wheelgone
Cid-Yekipiloat(Yucky Pilot)
Red XIII-Firedoggy

Seriously, I'm going to be glad naming Yuffie and Aeris and TIfa the Ei Girls, and I'm also going to be glad that I have a Firegdoggy!!!!!! :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Xartex said:
I'v only changed the name of one character ever, that was Red XIII, I changed it to his real name the second tima I played, Nanaki
I've never ever had Red XIII's name Red XIII, I always named him Nanaki, and its also funny when you find COsmo Canyon, because the guy in the front he'll originally say, Red XIII is Nanaki, but he'll say Nanaki is Nanaki, when you name him Nanaki.
I'm saying Nanaki too much huh.
 
You named him Nanaki on your first time too? How did you even know about it then? :)
 
Interesting (The one above). I usually keep their names the way they are, although I do make variations. For example Cloud was once "CloudBill," Eiko accidentally became "Eik," and so on. Also, I changed Dagger into Alexia (She is from Alexandria...) when you had to give her an undercover name.
 
Hey I usually don't rename characters the first time through the second or third time I will I remember I called everyone Anita once even the guys lol (My names Anita) it was funny cause my sister came in when I was playing and I was switching characters over in the party and she was like "Am I seeing things or are those characters all named Anita" I was like "They're all named Anita even the guys" lol it was funny but I didn't play that game for long.

Yes I've done the naming everybody Sephiroth as well except I made one have all capital letters another had all little letters, one had a capital at the beginning and so one I think one was even spelt out to be Sephiroth with symbols.
 
ive considered naming them all after bleach characters. (ive also noticed alot of anime characters have spiky hair and big swords...)

cloud- ichigo
aerith- rukia
tifa-orihime
red XIII- mr. yoruichi (would that fit?)
barret- chad
vincent- uryu
cait sith- yuichi
yuffie- that one dynamite girl...i forgot her name...

or perhaps rave master (another spiky haired, giant sword wielding main character)

cloud-haru
aerith- that one lady that dies..( :D )
tifa- elie
vincent- musicaa
barret- not sure
red XIII- that dragon dude...
cait sith- plue
yuffie- not sure\

havent read rave master in a while, but i think america has up to 16 volumes so far...youd have to torture me to watch the dub. (no blood, swearing, horrible voices and bad theme song? sorry, no thanks.)
 
Last edited:
reminds me of FF9:

Vivi-Pointy
Steiner-Rusty
Freya-Ratchel
Eiko-Brat
Amarant-Red

And with Garnet, she grabs a dagger, she asks what's this called. Zidane says that's a dagger. Garnet goes mmnn, dagger, huh? (type sarah) Garnet says Zidane, how about you call me Sarah? :D
 
I just change Cloud's name to my real name and then leave everyelse the same...unless I want to have some fun then i'll change their names to something funny lol.
 
Black Mage said:
I just change Cloud's name to my real name and then leave everyelse the same...unless I want to have some fun then i'll change their names to something funny lol.

I did that too BM, but with a twist.
Ex.> My name is John, so I would name him Juanito. Just something a little comical to josh it up a little. But I usually just left him as Cloud, or Cloud S.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top