Cheating

Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No

    Votes: 30 90.9%

  • Total voters
    33

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship? Have you ever done this? Would you ever cheat?

For me I believe it is wrong to cheat on someone. I will never do this act or will ever plan to do such a thing.
 
Right now two of my classmates are talking about how they cheat on their girls and how everyone is doing it. Which help me create this topic.

I strongly am against cheating, I mean why would I do that to someone.
 
John Smith said:
No, no and no :)

I'll forever hate who does it.

My exact thoughts...

It isn't true love if you are tempted to be with another woman, so why stay with the person you are cheating on in the first place?
 
Well I know its something most of you all do not like, I do not like it either its horrible. But the thing is, if the person you are dating before marriage, if they cheat on you, no one is to tell them not to. They make their own choices and if they do cheat on you and try to cry back in your arms to have both of you, to either leech off of what you ahve or just like to play games, that is their choice. Plus if they do that, its also not right to hate them for it, they are not the person for you. Even though you thought they were. Now if they were married to you, that is a different story.
 
No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.
 
Avathar said:
No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.
quoted for the truth ^-^
 
Avathar said:
No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.

I wouldn't have said it better myself :)

BTW, Kiera, if you had a boyfriend and he was cheating on you, how would you feel?
 
One ogf my best friends was cheating on her boyfriend with two other guys and then it caught up with her. She was to get married to this guy and he cheated on her two times in a row. One time in her very owned bed. I believe that if you do something it will come back on you. I treat everyone I know with the same respect they give me.
 
Ok,...time to own up. Maybe someone will learn something from my experience. Last year I cheated on my gf. It did not come to sex...but might as well have because that's how she felt. She has always had a difficult time with trust and to do something like that to her was trust shattering. I believe what Avathar said about not doing it even for the 'right' reasons. It may seem right to you at the time, (for me it felt right because of anger, misunderstandings and insecurity) but you will inevitably ruin everything...your self-respect, self-image and feelings of self-worth. It really sucks. I eventually came clean because I really did/do love my gf and wanted to put it all behind me. I hoped that we could work things out and for a short while (a week or so) it worked. Afterwards, though, she couldn't handle it anymore and broke it off with me. I was devastated. I went from thinking she was the one, to unsure and confused (cheating) to being 100% sure, to losing her...I thought for good. However, after about 3 months of silence, she called me one day because her good friend AND grandmother passed in the same week - and she needed someone to talk to. I was there for her and we've been rebuilding trust ever since. It's been a long, difficult journey: but very worth it. I love her and know that there is nothing that will ever tear me away from her like that again...I would even understand it if she decided to cheat on me (for similar reasons or for revenge or just because.) No one deserves what I did to her. Every day I wake up I remind myself of it ~ because I don't want to repeat the past. I mostly use it as a rear-view mirror, but every once in a while she will be insecure and ask me again how she can be sure I'll ALWAYS be there for her, and "I just know" doesn't cut it...you know? I know because I would rather die/kill myself than lose her again. I know because I'm writing this post now. I know because she is my Sun - the center of my universe. I know because EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WERE APART I thought of her and missed her and longed for her. She is my ewe lamb. My partner and my lifesaver.

So, er...John; do you forever hate me?
 
Yeah :mad:

If she forgived you, it's her bussiness, but I don't understand why you cheated on her if you loved her that much.

reasoniamalive said:
Afterwards, though, she couldn't handle it anymore and broke it off with me. I was devastated.

And she did a very good thing.

reasoniamalive said:
However, after about 3 months of silence, she called me one day because her good friend AND grandmother passed in the same week

My feelings :(
 
Last edited:
One of my best friends is always cheating on his girlfriend... And I hate that... If he hadn't gone to Switzerland I would make him tell her the truth... or else I would tell her myself.

So, my answer is no. Definitely not. And it is the worst thing someone could ever do to me.
 
Last edited:
reasoniamalive said:
So, er...John; do you forever hate me?

There is a big difference between those who cheat and realize what they have done, and those who cheat and continue to do it. I will forever hate those who cheat and do not see the wrong in it. It is as if they do not care about anyone else's feelings at all.

Obviously it was a bad idea for you to cheat on your girlfriend, but you also realize your mistake.
 
Still, he has done it and nothing can happen that erases that. Nothng can happen to make so that it had never happened. Nothing can take it out of their memories (Except amnesia, but that's another thing >_>).

Yes, it's a good thing that he realised what he had done and that what he did was wrong. It's a good thing that he feels bad about it. It's a good thing that he bares in mind the horrible thing that he did to his girlfriend.

If she forgived you, who am I to judge you?

By the way, you two are back again, aren't you?
 
Yes. We are together. And thank you Staircase for your point of view. I have definitely grown to appreciate all that has happened, for it has made us stronger as individuals, as well as a couple.

Yes Smith, you are right: nothing can ever erase that from our memories, but God (with the help of time) can heal a lot of wounds and make lemonade out of the most sour of lemons.

BTW: You are still my favorite wizazard :D
 
People who cheat are despicable. If I ever did something like that, I couldn't live with myself.

However, a person's sexual desires can drive them away from their partner if their partner refuses to have sex with them, or just doesn't feel like it. And often times, cheating is just a way to get revenge on their partner if he/she made them angry or did something they thought was wrong. Or the cheating of a partner could be done out of spite (also to get back at another person, etc.)

There are many reasons for cheating; too many to count, but my opinion is that no matter the reason, if you cheat, then you're doing a most horrid thing. Someone who cheats does not really deserve a partner, especially if that's all they want to do is cheat on them.

I have mixed feelings....But I know it's wrong.
 
I think cheating in a relationship is horrible.
If you're in a relationship with someone and you love them and their cheating on you it just shows they have no feelings towards you. Personally I think that if someone is cheating they should just tell the person their in a relationship with instead of doing it in secret. If they aren't happy with the person their currently with they should admit it to that person so they can at least move-on with their lives.
 
I have noticed something quite interesting... everybody here is younger than 20 except Reason who admitted to cheating. And I'm guessing a lot of us haven't had more than 3 girlfriends in our entire lives. Now i am in no way saying that cheating is right, but this may be a topic where opinions change over time. None of us know the pressures that are on us in a real relationship (not a high school crush). So it may be much more difficult than a lot of us think.
 
I'm over 20, and don't believe there is any excuse for cheating on someone whom you profess to love and who trusts you. It is really the ultimate betrayal. This is serious relationships though. The teen tryout type things will involve cheating because those involved are young and learning how to handle relationships. Some young people learn faster and better than others. Immature boys, and girls, bouncing from one partner to the other rarely take the time to consider what their actions have on those they leave behind. While that isn't nice to the person hurt, it is part of the learning process and we've all been through it.

After leaving the teen years behind, I've never cheated on any guy I've been in a relationship with, but was cheated on once (that I know of), and immediatly dropped the guy like a hot brick when I found out. The anger and hurt was immense.

Really, once things cool to the point where eyes and thoughts start wandering, then it is time to pull the plug on the relationship. The hurt from breaking up is bad enough, but the hurt from a partner cheating is a 1000 times worse.

Glad to hear Reason realised what he'd done, and is now trying to repair the damage. Be aware though, that your girl will never totally trust you again, there will always be that speck of doubt in the back of her mind. This is the sort of betrayal that will never totally go away. I wish you luck rebuilding the relationship though, seems that old saying is true, you truly don't know what you have, until it is gone.
 
Hurting someone in their herat is far more worser than anything I can think of. It kinda changes a person too.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top