Cheating

Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No

    Votes: 30 90.9%

  • Total voters
    33
I really haven't been cheated on, but I still know how bad it can be.
 
Last edited:
cheating is wrong i agree with all of you that the factor tht if your in a relationship with someone else and your temped by another then you should talk with them about it. try and figure out whats driving you into wanting someone else. i myself did this. my ex-gf moved away and it was a hard relationship even before then. i was always working/at college and she was just out and about with her parents and working hard at school (i 1st year col she was yr 11 skl) and then i met someone at college whos just perfect for me. we have so much in common. well.....i obviously wasnt gunna cheat on her. she was miles away and tht would have just drven me mad with guilt. so i called her up tht night and said about this girl. and we agreed tht the distance and tht we wouldnt see each other often enough was too much and so we broke off. me and the girl from college got together and are very happy :D. i didnt need to cheat to make myself feel loved by another. practically everything can be sorted with words and becoz of this i believe tht cheating is unnessasary and wrong and therefore pointlessly stupid. for those who do it, shame upon you. (im not having a go at you Reasoniamalive...as you've been there and learned from it.) and for those of you still out there who are considering it.....not tht there should be......try telling either the person your in the relationship with or if you dont think she could handle it a very close friend and ask for advice from them. if they really are your friend then they'll help you make the right decision for you. But just dont CHEAT!!!!!!! so yer.....thts wat i have to say. cheating = wrong.

ive never been cheated on (tht im awre of) but im sure tht im not tht great so someones bound to have done it to me. but im happy with my new girlfriend and i really couldnt care. i do have sympathy to those who have been cheated on and i honestly cant imagine what it feels like but i hope tht we all learn somethign from it and start to progress in this world to making the right choices.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Arkacia and Zeon for your thoughts and honesty. I agree w/you that it is immaturity behind it because I was very immature for my age. My background had a lot to do w/that (although I am not blaming my selfishness/immaturity on that.) In the end, it just comes down to common sense, or selfishness. You know what you should do, but you let the 'dark side' win. Zeon makes a very good point that talking things over almost always has a better outcome than cheating. Far less (if any) guilt associated with talking also.
 
its great to see also so many different veiws about why cheatings wrong too. makes you wonder just how deep human emotions really go. and its great to see we can share the same opinions no matter what :)
 
I would never hurt my little Tessa, I would die for her, I would wait an eternity for her, she makes me so happy, and I her. We're perfect for each other, I'll never cheat on her!
 
Haha, I've cheated before.

Actually, it's nothing to laugh about. It's actually quite saddening. Cheating, or "seeing other people", can mean different things to different people. I've only cheated once, and that was when I wasn't satisified with my relationship, but I cared too much for my girlfriend's feelings to break it off with her. So, I decided to cheat on her. It felt wrong, horrible, and dispicable the first time I kissed another woman other than her while dating. o_O But y'know what? I liked it. I actually felt that our relationship could go somewhere.

That's why I cheated. I just wasn't happy, and I at least cared for my other. Hell, I even told her. I had that giant hole in my stomach(the butterfly feeling, lol.) for a few weeks, but I eventually got over it. Live, love, and learn. If you feel your relationship isn't going anywhere, and you don't want to break it off because you care for her, then go ahead and cheat.

The only wrong thing to do is cheat for a long time without telling your other. Now that's something I'd NEVER do. I told Ashley (that ex I was referring to as "her" in the first paragraph XD) that I was cheating on her in the first few weeks of doing it. You can't live with yourself if you do turn your back on your lover for another, without even giving her the slightest insight.

So, cheating is alright. It's not the most smart way to deal with a bad relationship. Sure, sex and needs also play into the role, but if you're actually serious about a relationship, then cheating isn't so bad. You just have to be truthful, and ready to face whatever comes your way. You may have broken her heart, but at least you didn't lie to her. For that, she'll give you the least bit of respect, but it's something. It's better than losing a lover, then a friend in the same process. XD
 
I totally disagree w/you Hydra... but that's because I've been there. If you are a 'friend' wouldn't you talk about how you are unhappy and stuff before cheating---> or say "I think we should see other people" or "I feel unhappy and want to experiment w/someone else" or something...anything!? Just not do it first and hide it ---> no matter if it's a day, a week, or a year! I was so stupid/naive/immature and I know that; but you live and you learn.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I've definitely learned more about myself and 'us' from the experience...but never would want to repeat it!
~fin~
 
You can disagree with me. That's fine. XD

I told her how I felt beforehand, but I had yet to see if our relationship was progressing, while at the same time trying to rekindle myself by talking it out and being with someone else. That's my view on it. If you do make that decision without thinking twice, you might end up in the same situation you were in in the first place.
 
Update: Well,..<sigh> things aren't working out between Susie and I and I'm tired of changing every area of my life to simply 'co-exist.' She (obviously) has a difficult time trusting me (or anyone for that matter.) I realized today though that I changed a LOT of my views/perceptions and sacrificed a lot for her, but in return I didn't really see that much. Maybe some time apart is best now...for both of us. I feel liberated <no, I didn't burn her bras or anything> XD and I think that things are going to be ok...instead of obsessing over it, I feel at peace, so I guess it was 'right.' Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys/gals an update cause I don't want to misrepresent. :D
 
Staircase said:
My exact thoughts...

It isn't true love if you are tempted to be with another woman, so why stay with the person you are cheating on in the first place?

Good question.
 
reasoniamalive said:
Going to 'talk' about things tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon...let ya know how things go ;)
You can do it!

=D

Seriously though, good luck in that. We'll ALL be wishing you the best of it.
 
Devoting your whole life to someone and then finding out they secretly hate you or just plain don't like you has got to be pretty horrible. :/
 
"Cheating" I can understand the whole ordeal as ive been on both sides of cheating it was bad it hurt both of us. But we worked it out addmited our wrongs are still together and stronger than we have ever been, (i wouldnt recomend it as a way to strengthen relationships) so thats my statement.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top