Chocobos..

Doctor

Paladin
Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
1,172
Age
35
Location
Hulle Granz Cathedral
Occupation
Eh.
RPG Name
Doctor
Has anyone ever thought of why or how chocobos came to be?

I had always thought that Square got the idea from looking at...ostriches. They're giant birds, right? So why not just try to ride them?

As for inside the Final Fantasy world...well, it was probably due to evolution.

Anyone else got a theory, or just want to agree?
 
Myself I think of chocobos as a bird which square took different features from.

Like it has the quality of a ostriche or a emu, plus they remind me of chickens and ducks lol.

Or i suppose they could be what the good doctor said and evolved.
 
Chocobos are just bird freaks.....they can't fly....there car's....with wings that don't work....and you can eat them
 
Hm...well, I wouldn't want to eat a chocobo with 'roids in it's system. I wouldn't want to eat a chocobo PERIOD--they're useful, and adorable.

This also makes me wonder about some of the other common creatures in Final Fantasy..like Malboros. Are they some kind of cross between an octopus and a land creature, or something else with tentacles? (And I know it's been said a million times, but it's kind of funny that Malboro is so close to Marlboro, the cigarette brand. WHAT WAS SQUARE THINKING?)
 
Dunno...but I know I like to smoke em....Malboros that is. = d I can't stand those things. = S

Umm...as for the discussion at hand, Chocobos CAN fly...just for short distances - or rather I guess you could say they 'glide' XD
 
Dunno...but I know I like to smoke em....Malboros that is. = d I can't stand those things. = S

Umm...as for the discussion at hand, Chocobos CAN fly...just for short distances - or rather I guess you could say they 'glide' XD

Only back ones in FFT
 
I HATE malboros! They killed my level like 70 party once. Anyway I don't think they thought of animals really when they created a lot of those creatures, until they got into like ff x and xii. Chocobos are ostriches i think, and they are my favorite! And plus you said you wouldn't eat a chocobo with roids in its system? What do you think is in your over the counter meats? Growth hormones, steroids, antibiotics
 
Well they seem pretty intelligent creatures to me, i wouldn't mind having one just so i can go treasure hunting with one, i'd be rich lol if my chocobo kept digging up rare stuff!!!
 
Huh... chocobo-like birds are the trademark of some brand of chocolate balls "choco-bos", I heard that's how they came up with the giant chickens.
 
I don't think the good Doctor eats meat....or at least much of it from what I've read in her posts. XD

Ha ha, yeah. X3

Why would ANYONE WANT to eat a Chocobo ANYWAY? I mean, even if you had nothing else to eat, I'd think that there was something wrong with you if you wanted to barbeque a sweet, fluffy little bird. o_o

And I was aware of hormones in most store-bought meat...but steroids? Antibiotics? Huh.
 
I mean, even if you had nothing else to eat, I'd think that there was something wrong with you if you wanted to barbeque a sweet, fluffy little bird. o_o

Hmmmmm... yummie xD

Btw, Chocobos remind me of the Roadrunner (the cartoon)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top