Cool

blackadder93

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2005
Messages
45
RPG Name
blackadder93
I think the originals are really cool, although the graphics are rubish, the gameplay is good, who agrees
 
I agree, the oldies are certainly underrated by many. :) Sure the graphics are lame, and sometimes irritating, but games like FFIV and FFVI (<3 FFVI) have such strong characters and a good storyline: these Fantasy games are definetly two of the best.
I'ld wish they'ld keep the athmosphere and style just like the oldies (or like FFIX, the tribute to oldies^^) in the new Final Fantasy games.. but i don't think that's pretty likely, it looks like it was getting more high-tech and Science Fiction more than, like, Fantasy :p (surely if you look at the games FFVII, then FFVIII, and FFX >< what happened to Fantasy, like Faeries, and Black Mages, and.. Goblins :p ).
 
... what link are you talking about. Nobody has posted a link here.
And yes, the first 4 are great games. But for some reason, i just cant beat FF1. Its almost too boring. I really want to get to play FF2 again though. And i promised myself ide beat them in order =/.
 
Well, I certainly adored the graphics of the SNES games when I was a child. (A vast improvement from the NES, wouldn't you say? Compare FFI to FFIV.) I think the graphics were always standard for the time, and that's good enough for me. (Especially FFVI, which really did a good job on graphics.)

And believe it or not, FFI is one of the prettier games of its generation. Attack animations? Absolutely unheard of. Characters on screen? Preposterous! Of course they look wierd now (spells are only like one line of a single color. xD), but back then they were outstanding.

And it doesn't need to be said that FFIII was a very advanced NES game, of course.

At any rate, I love the entire series, and unless it goes over to like Final Fantasy XXIX, I'll probably still buy and play them all. The whole 'modern' thing is kinda weird, I'll admit, but it doesn't bother me that much. There'll still be Moogles, Chocobos, Airships, Bahamut, and what-have-you in every FF game.

And a group of young heroes who must save the world from darkness with the crystals, overthrow a corrupt empire/electric power company/organised religion, or both.:)
 
Casts life3 on thread

I recently got hold of the roms of these first three nes titles and was quite surprised at how well presented these games are for such old titles.

The music is excellent especially on ff3.

But people who bought these games when they first came out never had to think of the arguement of graphics and gameplay.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top