critical condition: dying threads

It doesn't matter how old a thread is. If its open, people can post in it. If we don't want a thread posted in anymore, we just put a lock on it.

One thing I've seen on other sites that absolutly hate is 'gravedigging' or 'necromancing' rules that punish people for posting in open threads over a certain age. I'd rather have one thread on a subject with all the opinions in one place than half a dozen threads all saying the same thing scattered all over the place. Gravedigging rules have never made sense to me and I refuse to punish anyone for posting in an open thread ;).

If you see old threads that you think have served their purpose and should be closed, post them in this thread, or PM me or Shadowheart. One of us will take a look and see :).

Don't include FFnuts old challenge threads. I looked at them after being modded and was going to close them, but after thinking about it decided to leave them open. New members are posting in them so there is interest from people picking who they think should win even if the official challenge is long over.
 
Last edited:
Arkacia got it all covered.. we shouldn't prevent people from posting in an old thread, unless whatever discussion the thread was about is over and the thread isn't needed anymore, but in that case the thread should have been closed or deleted in the first place :)

And Shaggy, I'm sorry to hear that :(
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top