Crossovers?

FFnut

Dragoon
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
436
Age
36
Location
The space between dimensions... kinda like where G
Occupation
Commander Of The Platinum Dragons
RPG Name
Shadowblade Siannodel
I'm not talking about complete crossovers, but things that appear in FF games that are also in other, non-FF games (whether Square or not) such as the Cactuar on Volt's jacket in The Bouncer. Another one I noticed is from the old SNES game Secret Of Evermore, which has a knight named Cecil running an armor/weapon shop and his wife, Rosa, who teaches a magic spell. Granted, it IS a Square game, but that is indeed an interesting little quirk. Anyone find any others?
 
FF games overall. I gave a few examples (characters in other games, little things related to FF games) another great one is in one of the Parasite Eves (I forget which one); at one point someone is searching for a way to stop a virus called "Cloud" and the antivirus is "Aeris."
 
In FF1 in the town of Melmond (I think it was) there is a guy called Dr. Unne, FF9 referances Dr.Unne, withe the Unne's mirror if you look at the description in your menu.
 
There are more references between FF1 and FF9 than that. The 4 fiends in FF1 - Lich, Maliris (she was renamed to Kary in the US version of FF1), Tiamat and Kraken - are all bosses in FF9 with the same appearances as in FF1. Also, the main bad guy in FF1 is called Garland, that should ring a bell for all FF9 players out there. I'm sure there are more things too.. but these are the most obvious, at least to me.
 
Theres a character named Cid in every game, but im sure you all knew that.
 
Shadowheart said:
There are more references between FF1 and FF9 than that. The 4 fiends in FF1 - Lich, Maliris (she was renamed to Kary in the US version of FF1), Tiamat and Kraken - are all bosses in FF9 with the same appearances as in FF1. Also, the main bad guy in FF1 is called Garland, that should ring a bell for all FF9 players out there. I'm sure there are more things too.. but these are the most obvious, at least to me.

I know, I was feeling lazy as per usual :P
theres another FF1 refernece in FF9 that springs to mind...the princess at the beginning is called Sarah is some versons (the Hebrew for Princess is Sarah :P) and in FF9 Garnets real name is (this is a secret you can find on disc 4) Sarah.
Another FF1-9 reference is of course the name of the first kingdom in FF1; Coneria, this is also the name of Marcus's lover in the FF9 play.
 
OMG I didn't even know Garnet's real name.. I never bothered with that side quest, although I did want to know.. :p

Yeah, there's probably even more things lol. Didn't even think about the Coneria one :)
 
It took me a while to get that sidequest to work for some reasion, and it took me a while to be bothered....but yes that is her real name. I just remebered another obvious ff1-9 refference; the place in ff9, Mount Gulug should have been translated as Mount Gulg, like the place in ff1, it also has the same music :P
 
alot of the places in ff9 that are in previous ff games have similar music. like, the Pandaemonium in ff9 has similar music as the Pandaemonium in ff2. (i just really like Pandaemonium. or anything with that "ae" sound in it. just me.)
 
The sword excalibur exist in some FF games right?
 
Excalibur and Masamune appear in most ff games.

FFI- Excalibur could only be equipped by a knight, and you obtain it by going through a side-quest. Masamune is found in the entire dungeon, has more power than Excalibur, but can be equipped by any class. (Though you wouldn't want to give it to your White Mage...do you?)

FFII- Legendary weapons found in the final dungeon, Excalibur has the best ATK power for a sword, and Masamune has decent ATK and casts Haste on the party (very, very useful!)

FFIII- Same as above, only no special effects. (That I know of anyway...)

FFIV- Excalibur is Cecil's second best sword, obtained in a similar way as FFI. Masamune is Edge's best sword (better clone it :p), found in the Core of the Moon. (You had to defeat Dark Leviathan/ Ogopogo to get it.)

FFV- Legendary Weapons. Unlocked by using the stone tablets. Excalibut is a powerful sword with Holy elemental, and Masamune is a powerful Katana that gives an ability similar to "Initiative" to the wearer.

FFVI- Also powerful weapons. You got Excalibur from Goddess, and I believe Masamune....well, I forgot.

FFVII- Though Excalibur wasn't in this game, Masamune is Sephiroth's legendary blade. You couldn't use it though. Poor you.

FFVIII- Like above, they are two of Gilgamesh's special attacks.

FFIX- Masamune is one of Zidane's swords, with the "Doom" status-attack. Excalibur is one of Steiner's best swords.

FFX- Masamune is Auron's rather odd shaped (it looks like a fork...) Celestial Weapon. Tidus had to settle for the Ultima Weapon. (Renamed Caladbolg?!)

More history on Masamune and Excalibur in FFs :p
 
Zeromus_X said:
(Though you wouldn't want to give it to your White Mage...do you?)
Actually that's not a bad idea. If you have a second Knight or a Ninja they could probably use it better, but if you only have one Knight the difference wont really be huge compared to Excalibur. And a Monk will definitely not need it. So it depends.
 
Another crossover i figured out about FF1-FF9: Matoya :D

FF1: The Witch Matoya (don't remember what you had to do for her in FF1, though :p )

FF9: The inscriptions on the three magic potions, the potions to turn Cid back to "normal", are scriptures by a Witch called Matoya.

^_^
 
Wow! xD FFIX has even more than i thought! :D Great!

:) I like the FFVII references alot in FFIX (music, like Rufus's Welcoming March^^)

- I knew the story that Ramuh tells seemed very familiar :D, he, FF2.
- And this one's very nice aswell :) : "In Disc 4, if you take Doga's Artifact and Unne's Mirror and talk to the Black Mage in front of the phonograph in the inn in Black Mage Village, the music will change to a track from FF3, "Let Me Know The Truth"."
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top