Cutting

Doctor

Paladin
Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
1,172
Age
35
Location
Hulle Granz Cathedral
Occupation
Eh.
RPG Name
Doctor
...Self-mutilation, whatever you want to call it. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but for right now, what do you think about it?

Right now, I'm not sure...I recently started doing it, though.

Yeah, I know I'm just being a kitty little emo, and if that's what you think, then it's fine. I merely just see it as a means to focus on something else other than the life I live through, other than my emotional pain.

But, enough about me. Just post what you think here. XP
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Eh?

That's jus like sayin: Hey dude, whaddaya think bout burnin urself?
it's a very stupid and desperate act in which the individual punishes himself, and it doesn't even make him feel good after that.
I don't think there's any mysteries around THAT!
 
Self-mutilation is completely retarded.

So yes, I'm quite against cutting yourself since it's potentially ridiculously lethal, if you're doing wrist-slashing, that is. Either way, cutting yourself anywhere on your body:

Surely, there MUST be other ways for making a feeling of relief, a sensation of escaping the daily stress, or for whatever reasons people do it.
 
I couldn't care less what people do in their spare time. There is a chance of things ending really badly, but I don't see it as particularly less stupid then drinking yourself to the point where you almost OD or whatever. It only annoys me when emo/goth morons do it, because they tend to go out of their way to tell everyone the first opportunity they get.
 
Its ok Faust i understand if no one else wants to try and help by saying anything usefull i will continue this in a pm i dont want to discuss in a thread.
 
What do you mean 'useful'? The topic is "Cutting", not "What do you think of me cutting myself?".
 
Nothing personnal blackstar, but I challenge ya to bring anything useful out cutting urself

jus like smokin or drinkin or drugs.... IT'S NOT A REAL ANSWER!

Precise, this isn't ur body to abuse, u hafta respect it and take good care of it, no treat it like trash or a chicken neck!!!!
 
Cutting yourself is really, really stupid mainly because it doesn't make you feel better at all.
Usually, people who cut themselves are the people who say "Oh! My life is so horrible!", I'm not saying your like that Faust, but that's usually the case.

I know this sounds very harsh but you have to just get on with your life and move on, because there's a lot of people out in the world who have much, much worse problems than you. =/
 
Cutting yourself is really, really stupid mainly because it doesn't make you feel better at all.
Not entirely true. Cutting causes endorphins to be released in the brain which can result in brief bouts of euphoria, temporarily relieving mental anguish.

From a long term prospective though no, I doubt cutting is going to make someone feel better.
 
Damn Dr.Faust, what a hobby you chose!
You shouldn't harm your body on purpose. There's no reason in the world to do it.
 
ThroneofDravaris said:
Not entirely true. Cutting causes endorphins to be released in the brain which can result in brief bouts of euphoria, temporarily relieving mental anguish.

From a long term prospective though no, I doubt cutting is going to make someone feel better.
Yeah, but it also causes physical damage to your body and cutting your wrists can even be fatal. (If you cut very deep that is.)
If your emotions are so bad that you have to cut yourself to relieve metal anguish then it's time to go to a psychiatrist. =P
 
Last edited:
alright everyone,you really have no say,i doubt any of you know what its like to be this depressed,i myself however have cut myself before from being depressed.
i don't anymore,but i know what its like to feel that way!
and theres no need to just keep saying "its retarded" even though i know its not good!
its a little obvious isn't it?!
if you haven't anything helpful to say besides stuff like that,you shouldn't even post here.
now....how could i put this..
When you're depressed bad enough...your emotional pain is greater than your physical pain..so if you cut yourself you don't really feel anything..and your emotional feelings tell you it feels good.
if i could explain it better i would.
 
Kat said:
alright everyone,you really have no say,i doubt any of you know what its like to be this depressed,i myself however have cut myself before from being depressed.
i don't anymore,but i know what its like to feel that way!
and theres no need to just keep saying "its retarded" even though i know its not good!
its a little obvious isn't it?!
if you haven't anything helpful to say besides stuff like that,you shouldn't even post here.
now....how could i put this..
When you're depressed bad enough...your emotional pain is greater than your physical pain..so if you cut yourself you don't really feel anything..and your emotional feelings tell you it feels good.
if i could explain it better i would.

Ok, take it easy Kat i'm sure no one means sumtin personnal

now that u had personnal experience with this, did it help you at all? was it ur answer to bad feelings? if so why did you stop it?

I'd just appreciate ur explanation (point of view) why would someone do sumting so.... irelevant!
 
Kat said:
alright everyone,you really have no say,i doubt any of you know what its like to be this depressed.
I only know one of my parents but my emotional problems from that don't cause me to think of mutilating myself, what good would cutting myself do me? =P
I also figured; what's the point in acting depressed? Most people really don't care how I feel except my family and so I decided to just shove away the bad emotions, I'd rather feel happy around people than be depressed and be treated as an out-cast.
 
Slider said:
Ok, take it easy Kat i'm sure no one means sumtin personnal

now that u had personnal experience with this, did it help you at all? was it ur answer to bad feelings? if so why did you stop it?

I'd just appreciate ur explanation (point of view) why would someone do sumting so.... irelevant!
im fine :p
i was a little ticked at another member for awhile there.
NEwayz:
no,it didn't help me..but i won't lie,it felt good.
no,it wasn't the answer to my feelings,and now that i think about it i never even found the answer to them.
@Spec-Some people just arn't strong enough to do that.
some problems are stronger than the person that faces them.
 
A lot of my friends do or have done it. No, I'm not a little high school punk and neither are they. The biggest standout example of them is 33 actually. So it's not some fad type of thing here that people should be calling retarded. Not that it isn't mentally brought on in some cases, but It's part of something called borderline personality disorder. And it can be a real struggle not to self-multilate. I used to do it myself. But I was luckier than most others because even though I sometimes wish for that option, it's a very rare occasion at this point. My friends, which I've met through group therapy, some of them really have to fight. Through other groups and one on one counseling they've found techquniques and other things that help them through really bad times. Medication can also help. It's at least made me less vulnerable to severe depressions.

Hang in there, Faust. I think a lot of us are there for you.
 
Yggdrasill said:
I only know one of my parents but my emotional problems from that don't cause me to think of mutilating myself

lol, yeah u wanna talk bout depression? i don know either of my parents until know, or any of my true family members of course
 
I'd quote my post again. But I feel too lazy now XD
Then, there're many ways to say something. That's obvious. And I agree with Kat that someones didn't help much with it.
However, it sounds me something like a... hobby... when I read the first post. I mean, something like ' I'm into it, and I like it '.
If you are having problems, I don't think that will help much, but all the contrary. And 'being strong' may not always be as easy as typing it.
By the other hand, I've gotta say that comparing problems isn't a good idea. I mean, how big a problem is depends not only on the problem, but also on the person.
If you need some help, please ask for it, either to your friends/family or to a professional. Many people need sometimes someone that makes them see things more clear.
But for sure harming yourself won't help you.

I know it's not that easy, but if I can somehow help you, please feel free to PM me. =)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top