does the jap ver of FF7 have more stuff than the USver?

Squall85

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
143
Age
41
Location
Midgar
Does anyone know if the jap version have extra goodies than the US ver
 
I think so, because theres a few items in the US version that serve no purpose. However, i may be wrong, let ask a Jap.
 
I'm pretty sure the Japanese version doesn't have anything that the US verion doesn't. It's rather the opposite - Emerald and Ruby weapon aren't in the Japanese version (there may be other things too, but Emerald and Ruby are the only ones I'm sure of). However, after FF7 was released in the west, Square made a FF7 International version, that included Emerald and Ruby, which was released in Japan.
 
I don't think Japan did get anything more in ff7 than the rest of us.
 
Some of the items like the mine sweeper and tissues, really bug me. There has to be a reason for them
 
I heard there is some minor changes about random encounters and that the US version is slightly harder.

But does anyone know the differents with FFVII ultima edition?
Or the International version?
Its like there is 6 different FFVII if you count in PC too.
Verry hard to know what to play.

I play the US version at the moment. (Is it the same as the PAL version?)
Is the PAL version i have, but the game stops in cosmo canyon so i emulate it on pc.
 
Yeah, the US version is the same as the PAL version, as far as I know. I mean, I've only played the PAL version, and all FAQs online are based on either the Japanese or US versions, and I've never noticed anything missing or extra compared to the US version.

Never heard of FFVII ultima edition... but about International:

In the original Japanese FFVII version, there was no Emerald or Ruby Weapon, they were added in the US and PAL versions. So after FFVII was released in the US and Europe, Square made a new Japanese version with Ruby and Emerald added, and called it FFVII International, basically. It was only released in Japan as far as I know.

And the PC version is basically the same as the PAL and US versions. The main difference is the dialoges, they've been rewritten a lot for some reason. Another difference is the crappy midi music.. and that's it I think.
 
I found what the ultima version is. its for pc. The original game is 2g and the ultima 1g
I found this:

1) It is the full version as opposed to a crappy rip. Fully tested - WORKS at the troublesome "Cosmo Canyon" section of the game.

2) It has a new installer which compresses the game using LZMA ULTRA 4096 to fit on less than two CDs as opposed to the original three.

3) It runs without a CD after installation, and has been pre-updated to version 1.02 with the chocobo patch.

4) It has a goodie pack containing the original executables in case you need them, as well as all official and unofficial patches for the game. Also includes images / desktop wallpaper, icons, animated gifs, soundtracks, savegames, faqs, walkthroughs, character editors and a world map."

Its just an un-official version or patch.
 
american ver. has more stuff but they made up with that by the international ver.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top